What do you want to see in the NEW CameronAmps.com website??

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of building the final Cameron Amps website. The one we have up now was/is just a temp static site just to get something up quickly while we were launching the brand which can be found here: http://www.cameronamplifiers.com

The new site will be at http://www.CameronAmps.com and be much more interactive with tons of media and professional videos of all of our products recorded in the studio and accurately representing what each amp sounds like as I realize most guys will not be able to try before they buy. We are adding a totally secure e-commerce solution so you can buy with your credit card directly on the site encrypted and secure.

We also will have lots of high res photos and and Q&A section, a link to the Cameron blog here on rig-talk and matching twitter and facebook accounts all linked together so we can keep followers updated as to new products etc...

What I would like to hear from you guys is what you would like to see in a amp companies website. What do you like and what don't you like?

Any example sites you love? (We love Apple.com)

Feedback is very welcome.

Videos are great as long as the sound is just as good. The best representations of an amps sound I've found on the web was done by Komet. Professionally recorded by a studio guy with full explanation of the amps setting, guitar used and speaker cabinet used.

I like what Dave said. Might be cool to make an interactive style demo also. H&K used to do this on their site. (maybe they still do?). You could click on buttons on a footswitch and it would alter the soundclip so that you could experiment with all the tonal options the amp offers. Just a thought.

I'd be happy with a nice long demo video covering all the gain stages and amp options though; close-mic'd and condenser in the room. Maybe get a few different players who approach the amp's layout differently for more variety. :thumbsup:

I agree, demos with different amp settings would be great. Especially if they were done by Pete Thorn!

A "Clients/Customers" section, where various info about which Cameron amps/mods etc... are used, and how they're utilized in high profile user's rigs (perhaps w/ links to those Client's websites), as well as the average Joe. Perhaps w/ photos, descriptions, videos, interviews w/ users or techs-- of said rigs. :thumbsup:

An FAQ section

A suggested settings section? w/ various sound examples

I like CustomAudioElectronics.com

I agree, sound clips are always great to have on an music gear site, maybe with the settings used to get the different sounds.

Apple.com is definitely a nice site. So simple, and doesn't cause confusion.

I have always wanted to see a flash thingy (I am not very technical as you can tell, but that's probably a good thing in this case) that demonstrates the amp in the following way:

To keep it simple, you can choose between either a Strat or Les Paul type and S/H pickups in their various positions (bridge and neck to keep it simple).

Then you see the amp's front panel. Here you can select channels and their respective switches... So you can choose a basic setting and hear what that would sound like with the guitar type you have previously selected. EQ dialing could also be a an option... But to keep it simple just a few settings.

Does that make sense?

You just dial in what most closely represents something you use, click on the little play button, and presto... You get a pretty good idea of what you are looking at.

Also... Reverb and/or delay. And a button to switch between hearing lead playing or rhythm.

It wouldn't take long to record all the samples needed, and the FX can be added in the recording programme.

I would find this much more interactive than a 10 minute video telling you about all the functions.

I'd most like to see Cameron Amps content restricted to the Cameron Amps section and the cameronamps.com website and not plastered all over rig-talk...

technomancer":q318obko said:
I'd most like to see Cameron Amps content restricted to the Cameron Amps section and the cameronamps.com website and not plastered all over rig-talk...

Hint, don't click on the threads that don't interest you. ;)

Various styles of clips, rock, thrash, blues, cleans, down tuned, etc.... Give as broad examples as possible so people know how versatile they can be....

And please for the love of god, if you HAVE to have FX, do both dry and wet, so those of us who don't drench our tone in delay, reverb, etc... Get a good representation of the tone. ;)

I would suggest doing something similar to what they've done with this site: http://www.evhgear.com/. Maybe not the site-within-site stuff (although it works), but 360 product views with bulletpoints highlighting key features looks pro, and really gets the points that will sell these amps across in seconds rather than minutes. Then you can have the in-depth videos/demos for those who want to learn more (as I'm not so sure anyone outside of rigtalk would initially be down to watch 10+ minutes of every single feature/sound/option)! Good luck with the new launch!

I think different styles of music is key. With an amp like this you are partly selling the idea that tone is in the wallet, so get a player or two that isn't a monster going balls out a thousand miles an hour. Play slow, arpegiate a chord or two, let one note ring out for a while.... that sort of thing.

Greetings :)
Most of what I was going to say has already been listed, but I'll elaborate and provide some context. Take a look at the H&K website - I found the layout of their product pages (which incorporates most of the items mentioned) relatively easy to navigate and get the information I needed before deciding to pull out a credit card. I attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. For a given product, there are links to videos, still images, clips, the artists that use the product (great place to link to an artist's rig/settings), downloads and "where to buy". Not all of these would be needed, but you get the idea. I also like the way that they present the clips; a given amp setting will have both a strat (single-coil) and Les Paul (humbucker) clip for comparison. I also like the choices of riffs played for the clips. I'm not a shredder or chugga-chugga king of person, so hearing the amp setting in the context that "I" would use it in is very helpful. Granted, that's a lot of ground to cover for all of the different styles of music, but if I don't hear an amp in the way that I use it, I'm not going to assume that it's a good choice and make a purchase. Especially with amps in that kind of price range...

Just some thoughts...
:rock:

Attachments

• Image_01.jpg
    Image_01.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 65,479
glassjaw7":1k2x54mc said:
I like what Dave said. Might be cool to make an interactive style demo also. H&K used to do this on their site. (maybe they still do?). You could click on buttons on a footswitch and it would alter the soundclip so that you could experiment with all the tonal options the amp offers. Just a thought.

I'd be happy with a nice long demo video covering all the gain stages and amp options though; close-mic'd and condenser in the room. Maybe get a few different players who approach the amp's layout differently for more variety. :thumbsup:

+1 along with videos, a great interactive way of seeing the difference guitars/knobs/switches might do

I agree with the H&K website layout for the Cameron website, too.

A total "walk through" of each channel, over the length of one or two videos, explaining all of the switches and features.
-1) Channel 1, midi, and the loop.
-2) Channel two, Solo and the toggles

It could be like the very relaxed video that Sgt. Navarrette did for Friedman's MARSHA amp, with the areas being talked about are highlighted as you look at the faceplate (so you are not thinking they are talking about the wrong "Bright" switch, etc). Speakers used, cabinet used, guitar used, all explained in the video.

And bring JMR back from Florida, to do the video. I could listen to Mark Day play for days, but I always catch myself watching what he is doing, instead of listening to the amp, :LOL: :LOL: . BTW, That is a compliment Mark!

I think being most boutique gear these days is based on web buzz that great clips are key. Not everyone is a droptune metal fan, it is in best interest of sales to attract a wide variety of players and clips should represent that. I for one cant wait to here some clips of the new cameron mod series stuff when available.

Back