Cameron Marshall Mods: How Many Different Types Exist?

keennay

Hey all,

Did a search but in case I missed some, I thought I'd ask: what all (official) Cameron Marshall mods exist? How much tonal overlap exist between them, or better question, did Mark ever build a an all-in-one Marshall mod?

I only know of:
  • Aldrich
  • Ocean
  • High Gain Jose

Thanks,
Nick

jd267":3kavr615 said:
Where is mark is he doing mods still?

I don't think he is doing amps full time. I've seen a few newer things pop up (a mod or two and I even think I saw a newer CCV a few months ago), but if I had to guess it's through people that know him personally and/or shelled out a lot of $ for him to do it. Just conjecture on my part, but it seems to fit.

If you don't have a direct connection to Mark, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting him to do something new for you. Could be wrong. :shrug:

...picked up this little gem from Steve from Henning Amplification. It's a completely point-to-point amp built by Mark Cameron that he gutted from a Standel and I believe built in 2011. Steve designed a customer enclosure/cabinet as well as faceplates for it.

Controls are Pre, Treb, Mid, Bass, Master, Presence as well as 3-way drive switchable, 3-way gain, 1-pole/12-position voicing ??? rotary switch, Density (resonance, as well as Hi-Cut.

The tone...Jose with a little bit of Aldrich thrown in. I think some CCM, CCV, and Atomica also. the tone is tight and fat, but every note from low-E to 24th fret of High-E is clear. It breaks up immediately and loud as hell. Without the zener clipping, you have a nice Marshall-esque Plus tone with note definition and not muddy and compressed. It is a 50w using 2-EL34's and 3-12AX7s, 3 gain stages with CF.

It is a one-off and only in existance that I know of. The chassis under the faceplate has Mark's signature on it. I may never get rid of this thing. A lot of different tones you can dial in. Great design! :)

b9ecg1qdfb8fi0pwxqau.jpg

Okay...so clue me in...I tried using the "YouTube" Incerstion for video's...no go. I tried dropping the "S" off of http like at the Marshall Forum...no go. What is the solution? Do I need a post count of 50 lol?

I own a one off...I changed the cosmetics so not to stand out in public lol.

Mark explained it to be his version of the Snorkeler

Same amp at my home: I added George's Zero Loss for solo boost options and studio quality effects live.

New Religion ♫

I owned a modern mod at one time. It was a cool amp. Sadly, I don't think I gave it enough time before selling it. It wasn't bad by any means, just different.

I have a 2203X Cameron mod that is supposedly a Modern Mod. Its one that psychodave had done. Bass boost on back, 3 way voicing toggle on back. Both presence and gain on front are push pulls. Sounds fan-freakin-tastic.

I also have a '81 vertical input 2204 mod that he did. This was done apparently quite a long time ago at a music store in Huntington Beach. Apparently it was a great sounding 2204 so he just did minor tweaks to it. Supposedly all other 2204/2203 that came into the store were compared to this one - at least thats the story I was told, who knows? It does not have robo gain like all his mods have. Only slightly more than a stock 2204, maybe a tad more bootom end as well. Tube FX loop added with send/receive level controls. Presence is a push/pull (brite and dark). Really cool amp.

thenine":10wqrv4w said:
I have a 2203X Cameron mod that is supposedly a Modern Mod. Its one that psychodave had done. Bass boost on back, 3 way voicing toggle on back. Both presence and gain on front are push pulls. Sounds fan-freakin-tastic.

That was the one. It is a mean amp. At the time I was having an Aldrich mod done as well.

psychodave":29jdomb8 said:
thenine":29jdomb8 said:

That was the one. It is a mean amp. At the time I was having an Aldrich mod done as well.
Mark told me once that if he could have gotten you out there to help him build amps it would be a different story. He said you did great work :rock:

glip22":e9jfo7pc said:
psychodave":e9jfo7pc said:
thenine":e9jfo7pc said:

Mark told me once that if he could have gotten you out there to help him build amps it would be a different story. He said you did great work :rock:

Thanks for the kind words. If I were younger and single, it would have been cool to go out to CA and learn some stuff and help build some amps. Like anything...the grass is always greener. :LOL: :LOL:

Back