Camerock

Since HG Joses and CCVs seem almost impossible to come across now, has anyone had experience with both the Salvation mods Camerock module and the CCV? I've had a HG Jose but it did not have the wheezy high end I really dig that you hear at 1:14 in this video

A friend has a CCV Mark touched up and in the 5 minutes I jammed on it, I could get this sound. I love my Aldrich. It's a fat, rich sound that just flows off your fingers. But I'd love to be able to get this sound as well. Would a Camerock/RM4 plugged into the effects in of my Aldrich get me into the ballpark or not? My Aldrich hung easily with his CCV, just different. It'd be nice to get both tones out of my rig, but probably not possible since the power amp topology is different...

The Jose HG, Atomica, and CCV are all based off of the Jose HG design. It is completely different from the Aldrich design. You won't be able to get both dirty tones out of the same amp unless you literally had two amps in one. You'll have to run multiple amps like Jerry Cantrell and other major players do.

Kinda figured that, man! My Aldrich is sort of a soft pick attack and the HG Jose I had had an immediate attack but I think the bright switches in the CCV are what I'm hearing that I like. That's why I was curious. I'll end up buying a CCV eventually when one comes up and I'm ready but the idea of having an RM4 with a CCV module for lead, a Diezel or Framus Cobra module for rhythm, a lower gain JCM800 type module, and some kind of bright clean like a vox or something is really appealing if it can be pulled off for a backup rig. The Salvation mods stuff sounds badass in the clips but not having tried them, I wouldn't know if they really sounded that good or it was just production.

Salvation stuff is legit. The issue I had was with the poweramp of Randall, it just didn't pack the same power & whallop as other traditional amps. I bailed before trying those new density board upgrades, which I assume is a must have for mts. Camerock is 1 module that I miss, great tones. The Salvo Framus clone was super awesome & inspiring. Those may be my top 2 if I returned to mts

I have owned both the CCV and Salvation Camerock module. The Camerock will get you really close to the CCV. I was really impressed with the module. I recommend it.

...just listened to some clips on the Camerock. Maybe in the area, but there some significant differences to tone shaping, clarity of individual notes, and bottom that is evident in the CCV and every Cameron amp I've heard IMHO.

Here's one of mine, very similar. I designed this one extra tight for a customer out of Ohio. It's the way he wanted it. It's the way I prefer...and my Vag...tight! ;)

This is straight in. no fx.

http://vid934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/rroza/EL34100WPPDYLAN/20141006_191055.mp4

NO! Not a CCM or CCM-style amp in my video. It's a Jose Arredondo variation, more like a CCV than CCM with 3 gain stages + CF instead of 4 gain stages.

In the first video with Mark, he's not playing a CCM either, but CCV as he's adjusting the top amp and you can see the switches over the masters for clipping circuits. The CCM is like the Aldrich and does not have clipping circuits.

Hope this help!

Back