eBay: 2015 Mark Cameron built CCV?

if u want, u can also send the amp to me n i can add in the PT, 12-position gain style MOD, or whatever else u want...gain trim, hi cut, voicing, slave out, hi/lo voktage, whatever. i know all of Mark...and Dave's designs 100%! :)

...except for the CCV...but i have a really, really good idea except for a couple items (verify voicing n cathode components)

still waiting for feedback from skippy if he recieved it or what's up, but funny his videos are all over youtube and he already has a pre-production CCV, so wtf does he need a second one??!?

keennay":295shnu3 said:
LP Freak":295shnu3 said:
lester":295shnu3 said:
Yeah, good luck getting one of these things fixed with the upside down board and all. And if you make the decision to send it to Mark for repair.....well, what's the saying - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...well you can't fool me again.

Maybe that's why this dude is stockpiling 'em.
I sent mine to Mark and had no problem. In fact it only took three weeks from the time I sent it to the time I got it back.

What year was that in? I'd really like to send him my Atomica for a complete overhaul: 12-stage gain switch, replace the power transformer since the one in mine is faulty, but I have no way of contacting him.
A couple years ago.

Equ1nox":1b07jnmo said:
if u want, u can also send the amp to me n i can add in the PT, 12-position gain style MOD, or whatever else u want...gain trim, hi cut, voicing, slave out, hi/lo voktage, whatever. i know all of Mark...and Dave's designs 100%! :)

...except for the CCV...but i have a really, really good idea except for a couple items (verify voicing n cathode components)

still waiting for feedback from skippy if he recieved it or what's up, but funny his videos are all over youtube and he already has a pre-production CCV, so wtf does he need a second one??!?

I guess it's for two reasons: he often said that the CCV is his favorite amp (and he has and had MANY) and that there is nothing out there with a comparable voicing. So having a backup seems reasonable (if you can afford). The second reason is plain curiosity I guess. He tries and tried so many amps, I guess he also wants to see how the 2014 version compares to his preproduction amp. We have a saying here, the better is the enemy of the good. Not sure if that exists in the English language as well, but I guess the meaning is clear... ;-) he's an addict (in a positive way ;-)).

rockinchippy":1687rlxy said:
Alex_S":1687rlxy said:
Equ1nox":1687rlxy said:

I guess it's for two reasons: he often said that the CCV is his favorite amp (and he has and had MANY) and that there is nothing out there with a comparable voicing. So having a backup seems reasonable (if you can afford). The second reason is plain curiosity I guess. He tries and tried so many amps, I guess he also wants to see how the 2014 version compares to his preproduction amp. We have a saying here, the better is the enemy of the good. Not sure if that exists in the English language as well, but I guess the meaning is clear... ;-) he's an addict (in a positive way ;-)).

That would be my response word for word. Amazing :LOL: :LOL:

Amp arrives Monday.

I'll be reporting my thoughts on the amp and posting clips over on my own forum http://groomednoodlers.com/forum/

:) looking forward to hear your clips and hear what you think of it!

Looking forward to the clips and A-B comparison with the settings the same.

I bought the #1 Prototype Brad King had. I'll have it in my hands within the week! :)

Equ1nox":6ycf4b9t said:
Looking forward to the clips and A-B comparison with the settings the same.

I bought the #1 Prototype Brad King had. I'll have it in my hands within the week! :)

Congrats! From who? Do they also have an early Atomica for sale?

About July 12th 2015 Mark told me he built 4 CCV's late in 2014 when I asked about this particular head. Mark stated it is the real deal.

I was going to bid but it came up...went down...came up...went down...I said forget it and bought something else.

New Religion ♫

rockinchippy":ips9fy2i said:
The 2014 CCV is very different than my pre-production CCV. Vastly different sounding amps. For the record, I do not have a Brad-era CCV. Both of my CCV's were made by Mark. I also have an Atomica that was made by Mark but in the Brad-era headshell.

cams2015.jpg

Very nice collection indeed...

Mark did say there is a difference in the "CCV" circuits.

rockinchippy":uq4rxxyh said:
I think the variations make it fun. We may all end up with different variations but I am sure they are all killer! This is what getting an amp made by a small builder is all about. The BE100's were all a bit different in the early days.

I like the fact one of my BE 100's reduces to half power...I dig the sag.

New Religion ♫

I'm sure all killer built by Mark, but personally HATE variation. There is either one baseline design and CCV sounds like CCV...or it's another amp.

Sounds good and glad you're enjoying it. I get mine delivered on Thursday for the weekend! :)

You keep saying 90 watt mode! Do you mean 90V mode and HI/LO voltages??!? Don't you have that feature on your other CCV??

Yep, ok understood. Yes, the power switch should be 3PDT to change the secondary taps and apply the secondary resistor to bias appropriately.
The other may be Pentode, Triode mode which would life the grounds on a couple of the power tubes.

Back