Cameron Amps and the future of the brand...

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

Started a new thread to try to keep you guys updated as to what is going on with the Cameron deal.

I did in fact speak with Mark tonight. He is agreeable to letting me take over the whole operation and trying to sort it out. I made no promises but said I would speak with the maker and see if in fact they had everything they need to start production of Cameron CCV's.

If the answer is yes, than I will fly back out to LA and meet with them and discuss the details of the production. None of this is solid yet and I am still working through the details but I think its only fair I report back to you guys what I am trying to do as there as been a lack of transparency with the Cameron brand that has lead to a bad place.

I will commit to financing the production of these amps if it makes sense to do so. I will be the only person selling these amps through King Guitar and Rig-Talk.com. No more dealing with Mark for any of it. If I put my reputation in this it has to be squeaky clean.

Mark will have zero to do with any of the production, fulfillment or money going forward. He will just be free to design new products I can have built at a later date.

I am told there are 14 people who have paid for amps but not gotten them from Mark. If you are one of these people please post in this thread when and how much you sent Mark/Jerry/Chris.

I dont know how to resolve these people who paid for amps and got nothing but my sympathy is with them. Part of what I told Mark was any money he would receive (Royalties per amp) for new amp sales that I make would have to go to getting these guys their amps they already paid for as its the right thing to do. He already got the money and owes them an amp. He did not disagree.

So, who knows what will happen but I am trying to work it out. The only way it flies is if I am the only one handling this so we can bring back trust and good feelings to the black eye that has become Cameron Amps. We all know Mark builds a bad ass killer amp and is a genius with tone, nobody is disputing that.

I will report back when I have any more pertinent info, hopefully it will work out for all involved but please understand I am NOT getting into business with Mark Cameron. I am bringing an already established product to market my way, with my reputation and my finances.

Anything else and I will withdraw and not be interested. You guys, the forum and my good name are paramount here. I wont tell you I can deliver this amp if I cant do it.

More when I have it...

B

Now that would be a killer thing to happen. Good luck Brad, hope you can make it fly. That might be the only way I order a CCV.

Way to go Brad :rock: Your bringing an awesome amp to life again :thumbsup: Good luck....As i will be ordering a CCM :rawk: :rawk:

Brad,

I paid Jerry Dyer-Mark Cameron on 7-19-2010, amount $3000.00 for a CCV and received an invoice receipt from Cameron Amplifiers. Mark Cameron indicated I was number 2 behind Doubleneck when I spoke to him on Monday 1-17-2010. Jerry Dyer built out the amp chassis and other components and was waiting on Mark to finish it.

Mark

psychodave":bl0qcyi4 said:
That is good news, Congrats :rock: . I want a CCM. :thumbsup:

Question: Mark tweaked (Cameronized) every amp before it left his possession, is this process going to stop?

A: Yes it will stop, Mark will submit his design to the builder initially and from there they will build a prototype of the production model. Mark will get to check out the proto CCV and make sure it is just as he would build it.

Once he signs off on it thats how they will be built. They will come straight to my warehouse and then to the new owners. He will not be in possession of the amps or the money and will not be tweaking with the finished product.

No different than John Suhr or Reinhold Bogner who doesn't tweak the finished amps.

Thats the plan.

psychodave":ssz2938d said:
King Guitar":ssz2938d said:
psychodave":ssz2938d said:
That is good news, Congrats :rock: . I want a CCM. :thumbsup:

Question: Mark tweaked (Cameronized) every amp before it left his possession, is this process going to stop?

A: Yes it will stop, Mark will submit his design to the builder initially and from there they will be build a prototype. Mark will get to check out the proto CCV and make sure it is just as he would build it.

Once he signs off on it thats how they will be built. They will come straight to my warehouse and then to the new owners. He will not be in possession of the amps or the money and will not be tweaking with the finished product.

No different than John Suhr or Reinhold Bogner who doesn't tweak the finished amps.

That is great news. :rock:

Will you will look into producing the CCM?

One Mountain to climb at a time kimosabe. :LOL: :LOL:

Brad, this is awesome, and I feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg, it sounds like a monumental undertaking, but I wish you the best, and would have absolutely zero hesitation ordering a Cameron through you!

Any word on who will be producing the amps? is it that Barrang thing, or are you still working that out as well?

and in before people start selling "Mark Cameron made" amps for 5x the price :LOL: :LOL:

Jayzuz Brad. Good on you man. Glad you are able to step up to the plate, not only from, a business relation but from a man who cares about his constituents but guys in general who have suffered here and tolerated all the missed delivery dates and cover up. Congratulations to Mark for making the decision to move forward in a different manner. Hopefully, the open orders will be fixed and some better will outcomes will be displayed all around.

Peace & Grease,
Steve

I'm very happy to hear this!!! Many thanks Brad!!! I hope it finally works for all of us.

I paid 3000USD to Jerry Dyer in 3 times:
Order confirmation 1000USD on 8/September/2010
2nd payment 1000USD on 6/October/2010
3rd payment 1000USD on 7/November/2010

One question: the FX Loop was an extra option in the CCV... will it be orderable now?

Great news Brad! I will be ready to buy when the other guys get their amps!! I hope it goes well!!

Theoretically speaking, same pricing? :D

Either way, the amps just need the light of day. And also, extreme props to you. Just from your writing, you can actually tell there's no nonsense here...which is oftentimes rare around these parts.

great news! sounds like the best way to do it as far as the finances and taking orders. Once everyone gets theirs who initially ordered, I would order through you and feel comfortable

chameleon":kf3vd3n0 said:
I'm very happy to hear this!!! Many thanks Brad!!! I hope it finally works for all of us.

I paid 3000USD to Jerry Dyer in 3 times:
Order confirmation 1000USD on 8/September/2010
2nd payment 1000USD on 6/October/2010
3rd payment 1000USD on 7/November/2010

One question: the FX Loop was an extra option in the CCV... will it be orderable now?

The production amps will have a fx loop.

NS10Fan":2hmk9t7b said:
Theoretically speaking, same pricing? :D

Either way, the amps just need the light of day. And also, extreme props to you. Just from your writing, you can actually tell there's no nonsense here...which is oftentimes rare around these parts.

Not sure about the pricing until I speak with the production builder.

Back