Armageddon problem!!!

Pat6969

We are getting ready for a gig this weekend so we've been doing some heavy practicing. Well, today after about a 3 hour practice my head craps out. Clean channel sound OK but channel 2 and 3 sound wakeful, scratchy and powerless. When I engage the ISP, all sound goes away. I swapped out tubes grasping at straws and nothing changed. When I engage the mid boost it Meeks a funny sound, only when I engage the ISP does it cut out.

I bought it 2 months ago and am seriously concerned. I love it and need advice. I live 5 hours from where I bought it so taking it back quickly isn't an option.

Damn, perfect timing with a gig coming up!!M

Man....shitty. I had an Armageddon and LOVED that head. Did everything and out of nowhere.....the fan stopped working, the tone would seem like it would change overnight, the channels just would start switching on their own. I had the 30 day return policy from guitar center so they took it back. Sorry for not offering any insight on your issues but nonetheless I hope Bruce will chime in and help you out. Good Luck.....

No resolve yet!! Talked to the rep Wednesday and haven't heard a thing since. Luckily borrowed a head from a friend for Saturday, it went awesome!! Wish I'd have opted for a 5153 like he did. 18 months and it still rocks hard. Oh well, live and learn.

Looks like my issue is resolved!! There are no qualified Egnater repair centers in Canada so if I PAY to ship it back to Egnater in the USA they will gladly repair it for me!! Paid $1800 for the head 2 months ago and shipping a 50 pound head to the states and back insured should only run me $400-$500 so perfect!! Maybe I'll get dinged for customs and braokerage on the way back!! That would be sweet!! I realize that Bruce's amps that are built locally are probably great, why there is no true support for these is mind blowing.

So, the Egnater rep up here told me no one in Canada fixes Egnater amps. I phoned Egnater myself and found 2 authorized dealers. I'll send it in for repair and then sell it. Thanks for the help!!

Well, this is getting worse by the day. Rep tells me no one will fix them I Canada. I find a shop that is listed as doing Egnater repair work in Edmonton and Axe finally says they will pay to ship. Then the rep tells me that that shop won't repair Egnater anymore and wants me to ship my amp to Ontario!! WANTS ME TO SHIP!!! These guys are the biggest joke company I have ever dealt with. Both Axe and Egnater international. On Thursday they said they'd call me right back and that's the last I've heard from them. I'm sure you're a good guy Bruce, but your name is being dragged through the mud by these idiots!!! At this point I just want my head working so I can salvage something out of this nightmare. Unreal!!

Take it back to Axe as for a store credit
Trade it for the PRS archon they show in stock

Your problems will end
The prs is made in USA with much higher
Quality parts and the clean and gain
Channels are amazing

gtr31":e73lcrtq said:
Take it back to Axe as for a store credit
Trade it for the PRS archon they show in stock

Your problems will end
The prs is made in USA with much higher
Quality parts and the clean and gain
Channels are amazing

They finally stepped up to the plate and are replacing the head. I give them credit and thanks for that, too bad I had such a headache about it. I was looking at the PRS. Are they road proven as reliable amps? They also have a Mark V I was eyeballing. :rock:

Sorry for all the trouble. I'm sad to lose a customer because of our customer service but, unfortunately, I am not so involved in the daily operations in Los Angeles. I will address this further but I am glad your trouble is gone.
Thanks
Bruce

It's not like this is anything new Bruce, come on. The Tourmaster had trouble, the Tweaker, now this....the quality of the Chinese made stuff just isn't cutting it...

paulyc":7rt8i282 said:
It's not like this is anything new Bruce, come on. The Tourmaster had trouble, the Tweaker, now this....the quality of the Chinese made stuff just isn't cutting it...

It's so unfortunate, because Bruce has great ideas and knows tone.

I agree ! I have a JCM 800 that I sent to Bruce years ago for his Megadrive Preamp mod...it's still going strong and sounds awesome. He put in a tube buffered loop too, and the low end Density control. I've read this is based on channel 3 of his TOL series amps.

bruce egnater":2dpgfvmr said:
Sorry for all the trouble. I'm sad to lose a customer because of our customer service but, unfortunately, I am not so involved in the daily operations in Los Angeles. I will address this further but I am glad your trouble is gone.
Thanks
Bruce

Thanks Bruce. The fact is I loved the tones I was getting from the Armageddon. The built in ISP and versatility was exceptional. If the service I received after the initial purchase was good I'd have no problem replacing it. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with that again.

gtr31":11abv8cj said:
Glad to hear that Axe music fixed ya up
Did you trade it in for the mkv

Haven't really decided yet. Might look at the EVH 5153 as well. Haven't read a bad review yet.

Pat6969":3q4phef9 said:
gtr31":3q4phef9 said:
Glad to hear that Axe music fixed ya up
Did you trade it in for the mkv

Haven't really decided yet. Might look at the EVH 5153 as well. Haven't read a bad review yet.

5150 III amps are built like brick shithouses. Solid stuff. You won't be disappointed. Despite my enjoyment of the Tweaker 40 combo - and the fact that Egnater service did in fact come through for me when the power tranny blew & it has been running perfectly since- I myself am eyeing the new 5150 III 1x12 combo as a second (or replacement) amp.

Back