Rebel 30 MKII

They definitely dropped it for a while. A few months ago they were blowing the stuff out of there and it was not listed on their or MF's website. There was a lot of discussion of it here.

Wondering why they went with the 'classic/HG' switch on the Rebel 20 MKII and not the 30.
Still hoping there will be a Tourmaster MKII with the upgraded transformer and high gain option.

I've been trying to find some info, reviews, youtubes, etc. on the Rebel 30 mkII...no luck. Anybody played one of these yet?

Me too. Absolutely nothing out there, which is incredibly odd. Poor marketing on Bruce's part, I must say. Recording a demo would take minutes, cost nothing and go a long way toward promoting the amp. I'd consider getting it, but not without hearing some demos. Not all of us live near big music stores...

So i'm thinking about selling my Tweaker 40 head and picking up the Rebel 30 MKII combo and running it with the Rebel 112x extension cab i currently also own. Currently my main rig is a Renegade 65 with the matching 212 cab. Wondering if i will be losing alot of character and low end running two 112 cabs instead of one 212 cab with the renegade? Would i be better off just buying the Rebel 30 MKII head and using the 212 cab? I am also liking the idea of taking up less space up on stage using the combo with the 112.

I have the Rebel 20 with the matching 1x12 and it sounds very good through that but I also play it through the Egnater 2x12 and it sounds even better, more depth. You could always stand the cab on it side if space is tight. The Rebel would easily fit on top of the 2x12 cab on it's side.

I use a Rebel 30 head with 2 of the 1x12s stacked as my main rig, and it's got plenty of bottom end in my opinion. If you're looking to downsize with out sacrificing much, I think you'd be very happy with this. Although, I'm not a fan of stacking a combo on another cabinet, as sometimes it helps exacerbate tube rattle.

Went ahead and bit the bullet...ordered the Rebel 30 Mk II head yesterday. I'll post some comments in a few days when I've had some time with it.

So I received my MKII a dew days ago and There's definetly a huge difference between the new and
original rebel 30.
They definetly went for a more modern sound, without making it sterile. As apposed to the glassy, vintage tone of the MKI, its now just a bit tighter and edgier. The unrefined raw tone of the MKI remains, but now seems to be a bit more "polished" or sculpted.

The clean channel now sounds to be a cross between the original glassy tone and the tweaker 15's plush rounded responsivness.
They definetly kept the "in your face" tone as the second channel really revs up nicely with more of a growl now.
I also think the bright switch on the clean channel is less abrasive than the orginal.
All in all they're both awesome amps, but if I had to choose it'd be the MKII.
I've yet to push the new amp hard and can't wait. I'm sureb it'll sing just like the original.

Thanks for the review. Would love to hear clips. I don't have the extra income for an amp anymore so I'll be waiting a while if I ever get an amp at all, but definitely want to hear some clips!

It's baffling. They finally bring these new Rebels to market and there is not a single video/sound clip on the Egnater site and no one has posted a clip on youtube either. WTH?...

I don't think marketing is an Egnater asset.
I'm on several forums & occasionally check the Egnater site but I had to come here today to find out that they had even released a Mark II.
And no - there's no sound clips anywhere.
I'm a Rebel 30 head owner and have had a few contacts with Egnater Corp so they have my email.
If they're interested in selling Mark II you'd think they might email current owners & implement a marketing strategy but ???????????
The Egnater site "news" page doesn't even mention Mark II.
http://www.egnateramps.com/EgnaterNews.html
Great way to sell amps hehe

It's crazy. These clips should be all over the web generating interest.
I would love to check out a 30 mk ii. I tried the original 30 about 3 years ago while looking to move from my Rebel 20 to a 2 channel amp.
The 30 has an amazing clean but I didn't gel with the overdrive...I needed more modern high gain but the voicing was more vintage.
Ended up getting a Budda SD18 after the HG Rebels release kept getting pushed back...and back.

Back