Custom Shop

bruce egnater

After all these years, I am considering starting up the custom build/modification shop again. Not repairs but a place you can make your ideas a reality. sounds like fun?
Thanks
Bruce
begnater@aol.com

Please don't read anything about Egnater into this. FYI, I live in Detroit where I do all the design and prototyping. Our Egnater offices are in California. I just want something new and exciting and the custom work is something I've always enjoyed.

Damn straight, I just contacted you today about that Seminar amp you just sold. My perfect amp would be along those lines.

great but are you leaving egnater? I only ask because new models have not come out and GC doesn't carry Eggy any more. Is someone else in charge of egnater amps now? If you can't talk about it, I understand - just love your stuff

Not leaving Egnater! I am Egnater. Most often I am not the one to make the final decisions on which products get released and which don't. This does cause delays as you can clearly see. The three models of Egnater pedals are being built as we speak. The Rebel20 and Rebel 30 MKII amps should be shipping soon, also. GC is another story that I can't discuss, sorry.
There is a difference between building mass production products, which we have been doing for a number of years now, and designing and hand building truly custom gear and working directly with players. Of course, you get much more personal satisfaction from creating special things but, unfortunately, that does not always pay the bills. I simply wish for more out of life and the "custom shop" is just something I have not been able to do for a long time. I'm getting older and there is still so much I want to do. The "custom shop" is sort of one of my bucket list items. Of course, Egnater was a "custom shop" for over 30 years before the larger scale manufacturing/distribution happened. I guess I just want to get some of the personal feel back.

Bruce, that would be awesome! I guess I will have to keep an eye out and see if you end up opening said shop

actually, i am already day dreaming about a Marshall TSL100 or JVM410H with the blendable power section like my Egnater Renegade has!

I am local to Bruce's shop and a while back he did some work on my T/D module. I thought the T (Twin) channel A was fine but thought the D (Deluxe) channel B needed more balls and he did a great job. Now the gain at 1 is about where the pre-mod version was at 3-4, and with the gain dimmed it has a real nice fat, glassy overdrive. Price and timing were very reasonable.

Bruce, I think that is great. Your custom amps are excellent. I really liked the tone I got from the Mod 50, and the functionality was perfect for gigging.

Imagine a 2 channel amp, clean that sounds like a late 60's Super Reverb, and an overdrive that sounds like a Soldano SLO 100. An adjustable gain and channel volume controls like on the Renegade and Mod 50, and an adjustable solo boost that works on both channels. Ideally, the clean channel when pushed would have that light breakup ala SRV. Effects loop, either 50 or 100 watts, presence and depth knobs.

Awesome ! My Marshall you did for me years ago is still truckin' along, but it could use a playmate...something like a TOL 100 maybe ? And one of your amp switchers...yes yes, that would be fine.

If you are truly wanting to do customs & mods post a ship to address.
I have a first run Rebel 30 combo.
No-body better touch the clean channel!
But I always wanted to dial in a more modern high gain and a slightly brighter sound out of channel 2....

Then there is my TourMaster 4100.
Always wished there was a way to footswitch the contour on 3 & 4.
I know you and I have had this conversation before and you said it wasn't feasible
but change the direct out to XLR. Would have love to have the Eganter/Randall cab emulation built in.

So could you please kindly point me to where I am to get in line?

Duff

I love the custom shop idea Bruce, not sure what you all mean, like could I go there and work on or discuss the build or just make a special order ? either way it sounds like a win/win from my perspective.

I totally get that its not the same doing what you truly love and making a living, few people get both of those simultaneously, time flies it seems like just yesterday and wow! here we are I hit 49 in July and man, where did it all go....so much still to do....

p.s. as I was installing the new replacement quad of KT66's today (got a bad one in my last set) ...I couldnt help but go all the way and slide my Renegade chasis out of its cab and take a look, and man o man, I was in (mod dreamers heaven) looking at all those pretty caps and resisters and checking out where all the wires ran to just wondering about this and that, seeing how easy it would actually be to replace a power transformer or choke if I chose to upgrade.

I was truly admiring your creation there Bruce, thinking about all the hours and experiments it must have taken you to settle on the design. I was very happy...lol and I hadnt even put in the new tubes.

So I guess the question is what can we have built ? Say i wanted something smaller compact like the Detroit was going to be, 50 watts 2 ch typical Egnater Clean/ Modern HG ,dual masters .

Also what features can you use and what features are owned to the Egnater offshore brand like power scaling ,Cab sims , Reverb ,Headphone outs ,ISP gating

Build times??

Thanks

Back