Bruce, is this true about The Detroit amps

Studio Deluxe":2zpk7u58 said:
They're not happening. Have been postponed indefinitely.

There are threads on this. I will save you the time and answer your question.... yes.

Bruce posted the following on Jan 26:
"Detroit for sure but,,,, they are delayed until later this year. It will be the perfect bedroom or performance amp......when they come out."

Most recent post i can find regarding the Detroit series. Haven't seen anything from him about postponed indefinitely though. Although "later this year" in Egnater land can equal indefinitely.

black_wizards":4tzcy4b0 said:
Bruce is not the captain on Egnater ship... He should keep his great designs ideas and start another company.

You are implying that if I want one of these great sounding amps, I should find some way to buy it directly from Bruce?

I would love to have one, I love the sounds, but I can't risk getting one that isn't going to hold up for more than a few months or a year. I know there are good ones out there, but I can't get anybody "in the know" to tell me how to be sure I'm getting one that is a newer more solid build. If Bruce sells amps directly, then that is certainly a viable option.

I have no insight to what goes on at Egnater, but I do believe from what I've read that B E is looking to go back to his shop and get 'hands on' again.

As far as Cpt. of the Egnater ship, I think there are many models in business that people use to get from a small shop to major player.
Not too many of them keep the original founder as the Cpt, ... but instead as a primary owner/partner and/or more so ..... as a major spokesperson.
I guess it makes the company sound more "Mom and Pop" when it's actually part of a larger distribution based company that sells many brands.
Like ... say .... a company named Boutique Amps Distributors, who sells/supports a few different brands, and who's address is the same as Egnater's ....... and who answers the phone (if you actually get a human) when you call the Egnater support number.
So my guess is that it's actually BAD that's running the daily events at Egnater (no pun intended).

Flyer91":17eszken said:
I have no insight to what goes on at Egnater, but I do believe from what I've read that B E is looking to go back to his shop and get 'hands on' again.

As far as Cpt. of the Egnater ship, I think there are many models in business that people use to get from a small shop to major player.
Not too many of them keep the original founder as the Cpt, ... but instead as a primary owner/partner and/or more so ..... as a major spokesperson.
I guess it makes the company sound more "Mom and Pop" when it's actually part of a larger distribution based company that sells many brands.
Like ... say .... a company named Boutique Amps Distributors, who sells/supports a few different brands, and who's address is the same as Egnater's ....... and who answers the phone (if you actually get a human) when you call the Egnater support number.
So my guess is that it's actually BAD that's running the daily events at Egnater (no pun intended).

Hmmmm. Interesting take on this.

1meanplexi":2soim84t said:
Flyer91":2soim84t said:

Hmmmm. Interesting take on this.

And that's really all it is, just my take on what I see, read ... and have some experience with.
I may be totally off base on the business end, but I did read that Bruce wants to go back to the shop.
I 'think' I also saw him say that in a viddy interview, but the '60's and age sometimes play me. ;)

If anyone is inclined to see if they can find it, or just for some interesting Bruce Egnater viewing, look here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bruce+egnator
IMHO: The guy's great, a true technician's engineer, and has a very pragmatic approach to making the sonic rubber meet the road.

Back