Egnator Tweaker FX loop

Clarky94

I am fairly new to this having only started to learn to play the electric guitar 3 months but planning a head I was advised that Tweaker 15 Head and Cabinet was the way to go, I managed to get a good condition preloved setup .This is a fantastic little amp with a lovely big sound, I am now looking at adding some pedals and sounds, or maybe a TC electronics G- Major or D-two.

Being new to this I was unsure how this type of equipment should be connected to a tweaker, a Google search provided the answer but it also raised the question of difficulties with the FX loop with certain pedals.

I found a very old post from 2011 on this forum that identified this problem and provided a fix by either returning to factory or a user diy mod, there was also a mention of an external box that could be made that would negate the need to open up the Tweaker but i can't find the plans on how to do this

I therefore have the following questions-

As this post was so long ago has this FX loop problem been fixed in later production runs and is it possible to identify if a unit has been modified by serial number?
If this has been addressed are the plans for the external loop box mod available.

Apologies it this as been discussed elsewhere - but the original post doesn't have a conclusion

I'll tell you what. I've had a fair few of these Asian made Egnator amp heads, tweaker 40 head (Reb 20 30 tweaker15 head).
They were ALL excellent in both sound and tweakability. I no longer have any Egnator amps but I'd never had anything bad to say about them.
I often regret unloading the Rebel-30. It was a real nice amp.

Milfwah I have to agree the Rebel 30 is a great clean and rock amp the like pedals and effects loop has outstanding pedal delay sound and chorus also.
I steam punked mine as it now runs 11 tubes instead of 9 tubes.
Two 12ax7 tube sockets have adaptors in each to run 2 6av6 tubes in each socket and there all vintage tubes !
A 6av6 tube was copied and doubled into 2 gain stages to make a 12ax7
6av6 came first and running 2 of these with 12volt splits the volt to 6volt each !

Great sounding tubes , better than current production and cheap as no one uses them anymore. lol
The octopus of wires coming up from the socket base go to 2 6av6 sockets looks very steampunk !
The added heater current is there as Bruce Ignater indicated on the forum and he is correct !

I lucked up buying a unknown brand 12ax7 said it looked like a old GE but it was a Ribbed plate Telefunken 12ax7 stronger than any current made gain tubes.
I put it in the Channel 2 OD socket and it break up is classic and big and my favorite channel !
Best $19.00 ever spent as its strong as NOS tubes and my tester shows emissions above all my vintage 12ax7 tubes.

Back