SL2 module question...

bikerdude2

Has anyone compared the SL2 mod to the recent Egnater Seminar head? I owned a Seminar head and loved it! If it had a footswitchable clean, it would have been a keeper. If not, any recommended Mods to get closer to that killer tone? Thanks in advance.

I replied to your PM...but best listen to someone who has played both.

There's a T/D for sale on here too and Metal Mikey is a sound guy too ;)

Close is good. My holy grail to date has been the XTC, Followed by the Diezel Einstein and the Seminar Head (tie)I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, so if I do, I want to be sure I get the right mods to start with (with more to come I'm sure!)

bikerdude2":2riggh5t said:
Close is good. My holy grail to date has been the XTC, Followed by the Diezel Einstein and the Seminar Head (tie)I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, so if I do, I want to be sure I get the right mods to start with (with more to come I'm sure!)

Have you been following stratotone/Pete's experiments with the Randall XTC?

No, this modular stuff is all new to me. Sounds like I have some reading to do. :D
JKD":3k8kp8ag said:
bikerdude2":3k8kp8ag said:

Have you been following stratotone/Pete's experiments with the Randall XTC?

I have the new Seminar head, tourmaster 4100 and the mod 50

The seminar head is really the bomb something real special about it (not complaining bout the other two)

I just roll off the volume and it cleans up real nice with just a tad break up on the high gain input.
I have a resistor in the volume knob to retain the highs as I roll back.
:thumbsup:

guitarslinger":2uhlefnv said:
Actually,

The "3" in the EG 3/4 module is what the Seminar head is based on.

Just get an EG 3/4 module. :thumbsup:

Exactly but with a bit more gain on the seminar head!

Thanks Jeff. Looks like the SL2 would be a better fit. I'm not sure I could live with less gain ;) Any chance you guys will do a XTC Module? Or is that only a Randall thing..Thanks Oh yeah...what about the EG5? Can anyone compare that to an amp tone?
Jeff Hilligan":eayomymh said:
guitarslinger":eayomymh said:
Actually,

The "3" in the EG 3/4 module is what the Seminar head is based on.

Just get an EG 3/4 module. :thumbsup:

Exactly but with a bit more gain on the seminar head!

EG 5 is way more aggressive and upper mid voiced than the seminar amp. It is the ultimate high gainer! No on the XTC module from us...but we can take a Randall one and make her rip. Just did one yesterday.

Thanks Jeff. Sounds like I should pickup a used XTC mod and send it your way! Appreciate the info.
Jeff Hilligan":39yumvh0 said:
EG 5 is way more aggressive and upper mid voiced than the seminar amp. It is the ultimate high gainer! No on the XTC module from us...but we can take a Randall one and make her rip. Just did one yesterday.

So I found some new Mods, just no new SL2 :cry: I have a Bassman, and a EG5 on the way, so at least I have my clean and crunch covered until I get to try out a SL2 :rock:

Back