Any reason why this is a bad idea?

mboogman

So I've got Amplitube 2, which is OK at best for preamp models, but the speaker cab models are fairly decent. Just for fun, yesterday I took the effects send (serial) and ran it into my MOTU interface. Turned off the the preamp section of amplitube, and played for a little bit. It actually sounded pretty good with the Modern 4x12 model! Here's the kicker. I left the amp in standby. I, of course, kept my speaker cab attached, even though the amp was just in standby.

This seems like a great way for me to jam and record late at night, and then go back and "re-amp" the gain through the Mod50 power section later.

Anybody got a reason why I shouldn't do this?

mboogman":29t5soui said:
So I've got Amplitube 2, which is OK at best for preamp models, but the speaker cab models are fairly decent. Just for fun, yesterday I took the effects send (serial) and ran it into my MOTU interface. Turned off the the preamp section of amplitube, and played for a little bit. It actually sounded pretty good with the Modern 4x12 model! Here's the kicker. I left the amp in standby. I, of course, kept my speaker cab attached, even though the amp was just in standby.

This seems like a great way for me to jam and record late at night, and then go back and "re-amp" the gain through the Mod50 power section later.

Anybody got a reason why I shouldn't do this?

I do this a lot for recording. I also use the M4 into the 11R using only the cabs and mic sims. I will also use an attenuator set on load and take the slave out which is post poweramp and do the same into the mic/cab sims. As long as you have a load on the head, you will be fine.

muudrock":253693ez said:
I do this a lot for recording. I also use the M4 into the 11R using only the cabs and mic sims. I will also use an attenuator set on load and take the slave out which is post poweramp and do the same into the mic/cab sims. As long as you have a load on the head, you will be fine.

That's what I was thinking, but figured it woulnd't hurt to ask. :thumbsup:

FWIW, the EG5 and SL both sounded great with a mix of the Modern and Vintage 4x12 models in Amplitube. I'm a little embarrassed, though, that it took me this long to figure this out. :LOL: :LOL:

Back