Billy Blades Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Savage":35pbqmmr said:
TrueTone500":35pbqmmr said:
One uh de aspects ah' real likes about da damn Firebolt, be dat ya' kin control de signal drough bod de 2nd and 3rd gain stages via 2 x 500k pots. I'm not certain uh dis, but ah' duzn't see how some dual preamp adplum could be configured any oda' way. Slap mah fro! If I'm co'rect, de RK100 gots a similar setup, as duz de Zinky designed Fenda' Prosonic. Co' got d' beat! De RK be furda' controlled by bleedin' some uh de signal t'ground via da damn "hot" switch. Lop some boogie... De 2nd and 3rd stage is limited t'parallel adjustments only, due t'its dual-concentric (stacked) pots. A dual pot setup lets ya' dial in some real supa fine clean tones dat would oderwise not be available in some standard 2nd stage only configurashun. ah' duzn't know if MC used da damn same type uh circuit matrix, but ah' real likes it. Man! ah' recon' Bruce Zinky wuz de fust t'use dis.

You really need some quality time away from this thread.

this iz sum pritee funee stouph! ay theenk tha eet iz funee an sumtyms eet hurz tue theenk! sheet, ay bata woch owt ohr ay wil geyt slysd buy da blayds!

charveldan":vzbuxpyv said:

Sounds identical to the 5150 clip above ... :confused:
Dude seriously....find an SLO somewhere near you. Pay the guy if you have to, but make sure you can give it some volume...I'm talking like 3-6 on the master....and then report back. It will shit ALL OVER your Friedman...and I do think your amp sounds good. But don't talk about an SLO sounding like a bunch of bees when you are listening to a freaking computer clip...you have absolutely NO CLUE how an SLO sounds unless you get in front of one. I love Marshalls and always will, but an SLO is a different beast. 5150s aren't even CLOSE. Not even remotely..and I had one 20 years ago.

Racerxrated":2ujftkg3 said:
charveldan":2ujftkg3 said:

Dude seriously....find an SLO somewhere near you. Pay the guy if you have to, but make sure you can give it some volume...I'm talking like 3-6 on the master....and then report back. It will shit ALL OVER your Friedman...and I do think your amp sounds good. But don't talk about an SLO sounding like a bunch of bees when you are listening to a freaking computer clip...you have absolutely NO CLUE how an SLO sounds unless you get in front of one. I love Marshalls and always will, but an SLO is a different beast. 5150s aren't even CLOSE. Not even remotely..and I had one 20 years ago.

:shocked: :banhim:

Racerxrated":2ztjn6oi said:
charveldan":2ztjn6oi said:

Hey asshole i said the clip &playing sound the same [production] not the amp.

Didnt you hear the ampfest clip ....dumbass.

SLO is overated./thread

This whole thread/discussion is a waste of broadband.

charveldan":umgu5ijk said:
Racerxrated":umgu5ijk said:
charveldan":umgu5ijk said:

Hey asshole i said the clip &playing sound the same [production] not the amp.

Didnt you hear the ampfest clip ....dumbass.

SLO is overated./thread

This whole thread/discussion is a waste of broadband.

Yeah, because that guy runs a DI and reamps all his clips from the same guitar track so you can compare how the amps sound without altering the other variables like cab, playing, mic, etc. I don't really like that SLO clip though. I think his Hot Rod clips are better.

Shit's heating up in here.

toilet-fire.jpg

Bob Savage":2lew4ogm said:
TrueTone500":2lew4ogm said:
That's not a very nice thing to say to someone Bob.

I'm not saying it to someone, I said it to you.
That's not a very nice thing to say to anyone.

While you're here, can you explain why you designed this Kemper rack/head-box with the extended top? Also... Where the f#ck do you get off asking $650.00 for this? :loco:

This should be good for at least 2 pages... :LOL: :LOL:

TrueTone500":1izjhv7z said:
Bob Savage":1izjhv7z said:
TrueTone500":1izjhv7z said:

While you're here, can you explain why you designed this Kemper rack/head-box with the extended top? Also... Where the f#ck do you get off asking $650.00 for this? :loco:

It's because it's a lunchbox head shell made by hand with beautiful and exotic woods.

maddnotez":31t30a80 said:
TrueTone500":31t30a80 said:
Bob Savage":31t30a80 said:
TrueTone500":31t30a80 said:

It's because it's a lunchbox head shell made by hand with beautiful and exotic woods.
And we're off! :LOL: :LOL:

I almost forgot...

;)

TrueTone500":2mlv714d said:

You're not anyone.

If these questions cannot be answered by your own reasoning faculties, I have nothing to share that could help.

TrueTone500 - Are you an amp builder and designer now?? Just curious as above you seem to speak like you know what you're talking about. Again, the Firebolt Billy Blades stole from Jose Arredondo. In that design, the player controls the amount of signal after the first and second gain stage. One stage is "normal" and the other is "bright" and you're adjusting the mix. Nothing special, but what's going on and Billy Blades didn't develop it and it's used on a lot of amps and Plexis!

I forgot to get back with you on the transformer issue also...yes, they are "carryover". In that, Blades acts like everything is custom (it is not) and he hates clones! Hmm. Well, your amps ARE clones, so again, what it the fuck is this fat fuck shitty tattoo artist bullshitter talking about?? The transformers he uses are clones of Marshall C1998 and the like. There is nothing "custom" about them and in regard to my comment about being "carryover"....they are. They are transformer clones you can find in any clone kit. Here, here's one from Triode Electronics. - http://www.triodeelectronics.com/100wmarshkit.html

If anyone wants to build I "Firebolt", the layout and preamp section has been reported and on this thread and forum and anyone can build it up or have a real technician or electricall engineer build it. They don't need Billy Blades and his gay handle, cup holder, chicken knobs and thin weak cabinets at a premium price. If they want, they can always just go to Ceriatone and get Chupa and save a lot of cash and it will be build 1,000x better! :) Likewise, there's only a couple tweaks once they get the Ceriatone amp to get it to 100% (from 80 or 95% there)!

Bob Savage":33m1jkpl said:
TrueTone500":33m1jkpl said:

You're not anyone.

If these questions cannot be answered by your own reasoning faculties, I have nothing to share that could help.
That's a reply! :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

rockinchippy":2uqjnimu said:
I added some Blades to the pile :rock:

blades.jpg

totally looks right at home with the friedman, Cameron and suhr's! billy thinks those amps will be left in the dust because he copied their mods, then by divine inspiration, he was then able to surpass their designs! shit, I better watch out or I could get SLICED BY THE BLADEZ!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back