Oh, you ate one too....

I took this one from the third row at the Spectrum.
standard.jpg

My seats were like last row behind the stage, worst in the house. I went to the men's room and found a stub on the ground - 10th row, floor. I got up to the 3rd row. That was a great night.

The previous summer on the Monsters of Rock tour, when VH's crew were setting up, I remember when Ed's tech, Zeke, came out, wearing the 5150 Kramer and played for a few min. Man, that was THE sound.

Rick Lee":2wmf184v said:
standard.jpg

My seats were like last row behind the stage, worst in the house. I went to the men's room and found a stub on the ground - 10th row, floor. I got up to the 3rd row. That was a great night.

The previous summer on the Monsters of Rock tour, when VH's crew were setting up, I remember when Ed's tech, Zeke, came out, wearing the 5150 Kramer and played for a few min. Man, that was THE sound.

Sweet! I saw them on the Monsters of Rock Tour at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City in July 1988...second and last time I saw them live!

Rick Lee":2nj91nhv said:
...I remember when Ed's tech, Zeke, came out, wearing the 5150 Kramer and played for a few min. Man, that was THE sound.

I knew it....it IS the gear! That means my gear is fucking broken. :LOL: :LOL:

Awsome photo btw.

evhfan":xvmll5ws said:
I'll make the argument that the song "5150" is the best thing that EVH has ever done...

Man...I absolutely love that tune. Van Hagar was a great band in their own right. Much different than DLR's VH but still great IMO.

I love all the Hagar stuff, but 5150 has the worst guitar tone and production quality of the whole discography. And Alex's Simmons pads were just awful.

BrokenFusion":38wtoffe said:
hammered":38wtoffe said:
BrokenFusion":38wtoffe said:
evhfan":38wtoffe said:
OU812 is great...that being said, Hagar will never be in that band ever again...which is great also...

I wouldn't bet on it. When Ed's got bills to pay....

....he can call on Dave
Dave's ship has sailed. Even Ed knows that.

Yep but it didn`t stop them for going out on tour last year

hammered":2qkty9k0 said:
BrokenFusion":2qkty9k0 said:
hammered":2qkty9k0 said:
BrokenFusion":2qkty9k0 said:
evhfan":2qkty9k0 said:
OU812 is great...that being said, Hagar will never be in that band ever again...which is great also...

....he can call on Dave

Yea I saw it.Would not go again. Like I said his ship has sailed. I would go see VH with Sammy. Sammy can still actually sing.

BrokenFusion":3cf0v69s said:
Yea I saw it.Would not go again. Like I said his ship has sailed. I would go see VH with Sammy. Sammy can still actually sing.

+1000

If they get back with Sammy, that means Mike will be there and I'll drop everything to go see that. When they came last Sept., I decided to go to Oktoberfest in Munich instead and don't regret it. I remember checking Facebook that night and all my musician buddies were at the show, posting about it. Didn't bother me at all.

Rick Lee":3vn56p0r said:
If they get back with Sammy, that means Mike will be there

Ed will not be replacing Wolfgang for Mike.........Sammy wouldn't even dare to suggest it. Not gonna happen :no:

Sammy will just be happy to perform his VH tunes again on the giant stages & Ed will also love performing those tunes again, as well as having a singer who can actually sing his ass off!

No way. Mike is part of the deal or there's no deal. I can't see Sammy doing it without him and he probably has more money than all VH alumni combined. He doesn't need it. Wolf probably has his own thing going on.

Rick Lee":1nr36ig1 said:
No way. Mike is part of the deal or there's no deal. I can't see Sammy doing it without him and he probably has more money than all VH alumni combined. He doesn't need it. Wolf probably has his own thing going on.

Yup. If Sammy ever tours with VH again... it will be for the pure love of the music and the show. He's ridiculously loaded. The VH brothers were always loaded too... But with substances instead of money. I saw Van Hagar on the 5150 tour. It was a huge disappointment for me. Sammy was the entire show. He gave it all for the fans. The rest of the band couldn't even stand up. Sloppy crap from them all night.

For me, as a guitar player, Fair Warning was the pinnacle of Ed's pissed-off playing mojo and it was downhill from there. Though each album certainly had some bright spots.

Rick Lee":1ztia3c6 said:

Sam will be more than willing to tour & record with VH without Mike involved. Loyalty has it's limits, & unfortunately for Mike his position got filled by Ed's only son! There is no other option otherwise if Sam wants to do it, & he wants it badly............why do you think he sent Ed that happy birthday wish out of the blue the other day? He's trying to mend fences & tour/record with a totally sober Ed for the first time in years.

Non of them "need" the money. Of course $ will still be an important factor as it always is, but there's much more to it than just that. Sammy loves the music & huge spotlight that VH provides for him big time! They made great #1 albums together & toured huge stadiums. Sammy misses shit on that level. It's not all about $.

Ed doesn't look at Wolfgang as a hired gun for VH or anything like that. Wolf is as part of VH now as Ed & Alex are. Mike is done. Dave & Sam are the only revolving substitutes at this point.

Hagar would never come back without Mikey (who is the greatest guy ever)...and EVH isn't playing ANYTHING without his son...so, let's all thank Wolf for keeping Hagar away...another great thing the kid is doing!

...AND let's not forget that the Red Rocker told EVH to FUK OFF 8 months ago...in the most public way possible...that isn't soon forgotten amongst the brothers...

BrokenFusion":26g3iicp said:
hammered":26g3iicp said:
hammered":26g3iicp said:
evhfan":26g3iicp said:

....he can call on Dave

As much as a Roth fan boy as I am I'd probably still go see them with Sam again , heck the 14x I've seen VH 6x Sammy was on vocals. I just wish I could make the set list , have them open with AFU into Judgment Day then Humans Being , Summer Nights , Runaround , instrumental Pleassure Dome , BOBW with no goofy walk as they usually did before that tune , Dreams has to be there , Black and Blue , Don't Tell Me , Seventh Seal , a cover of Rock Candy , Amsterdam , Pound Cake , cover of Creams Politician , the solo spots . I'm sure there's a few I'm missing , there would be no F'ing Eagles Fly or Can't Drive 55 . Just a thought

sjk":xzyp5lko said:
Rick Lee":xzyp5lko said:
standard.jpg

Sweet! I saw them on the Monsters of Rock Tour at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City in July 1988...second and last time I saw them live!

I was there for that one! Hot as hell and they ran out of ice.

hammered":wtosh74c said:
As much as a Roth fan boy as I am I'd probably still go see them with Sam again , heck the 14x I've seen VH 6x Sammy was on vocals. I just wish I could make the set list , have them open with AFU into Judgment Day then Humans Being , Summer Nights , Runaround , instrumental Pleassure Dome , BOBW with no goofy walk as they usually did before that tune , Dreams has to be there , Black and Blue , Don't Tell Me , Seventh Seal , a cover of Rock Candy , Amsterdam , Pound Cake , cover of Creams Politician , the solo spots . I'm sure there's a few I'm missing , there would be no F'ing Eagles Fly or Can't Drive 55 . Just a thought

I dig that set list...i'd add Cabo Wabo, cause i love it, annnnnd, Heavy Metal Noise. i know its a SH song, but still, to me, that is a bad ass RNR guitar hook.

MrDowntown":h0gej39e said:
hammered":h0gej39e said:

I dig that set list...i'd add Cabo Wabo, cause i love it, annnnnd, Heavy Metal Noise. i know its a SH song, but still, to me, that is a bad ass RNR guitar hook.

Hell yes , I forgot about Cabo and HM would be very cool. I forgot to add the song 5150 it's a must for that era. Hagars also got a cool solo tune called "This Planets On Fire" which is pretty unknown but a killer balls out rocker . Darn it's too bad this most likely won't happen

Back