NGD - "I love the smell of nitrocellulose in the morning..."

Scotty":qf77ls2b said:
You skater kid sneaker wearing Bavarian Manure wagon driving Rudy Sarzo hair styling 80s reject piss stained wall posing West coast bitch gain playing hope your karate kid punches you in the yam bag while his orthodontist's work goes south and you have to shell out another $5000 sonofabitch.

I buy FOUR guitars from you, countless NOS brass parts from you, let people know you are in good terms with ME and I get no heads up in this endeavor? You could have at least had the courtesy to give me a reach around pal.

I am sure that after listening to you for years speak of Charvel guitars that you have brought the best parts to your line and I know you are honest to a point of being too honest for your own good. I wish you luck my friend in this endeavor, your prices are going to shake up the entire business model and have others rethink their strategies. From the many times speaking with you I know you have done your homework, you may drive shit cars but I know you know hot rodded guitars as well as anyone in the business.

Love the LeMans strip guitar and hope you did not use Lucas electronics on it with that British green paint.

I hope to squeeze enough capital to order from you as the kid wants to go to private high school the little bastard, I have taught him too well to succeed in life unlike his booze swilling old man that spent way too much on a boat but still haves a ton of fun.

I wish you the best my friend.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

SpiderWars":3kffs2j2 said:
R

Any roasted maple? Or plans for it? .

Congrats Chub. These look great.

Any plans for roasted maple? I just got a strat with roasted maple and Im really digging it.

Congrats, very awesome.

These look really nice and the thing that gets me, like everyone else is talking about....The price point!!!

If these are even near the custom shop quality for much less it is very appealing. Most guitars that nice are much more expensive.

About the amp show. Is this like NAMM where you have to be a vendor or an endorsed artist type of thing to attend?

maddnotez":3s53cl4a said:
Congrats, very awesome.

These look really nice and the thing that gets me, like everyone else is talking about....The price point!!!

If these are even near the custom shop quality for much less it is very appealing. Most guitars that nice are much more expensive.

About the amp show. Is this like NAMM where you have to be a vendor or an endorsed artist type of thing to attend?
Nah, anyone can show up at the LA Amp Show, pay the admission and see tons of killer gear:

http://www.ampshow.com

Steve

sah5150":12b5fte2 said:
Chubtone":12b5fte2 said:
While I welcome Steve's glowing review, it makes me quite nervous too. We are doing our best with these guitars and have been trying so hard to get things just right. Neck contours, body contours etc.
I just calls 'em as I sees 'em, bro :) - my personal opinion is the one I have nails what I want in these guitars...

Steve
I had the wonderful experience of playing one of these prototypes in January; I agree with everything Steve has said. Just great guitars at a sick value!

Chubtone":2qdie074 said:
jcj":2qdie074 said:
Digging #10.

Congrats Curt (and you too, Steve). :D

Thanks Josh. Will you be at the LA Amp Show this year?
Awesome looking guitars Curt! Man, I love that vintage racing stripe that's sold....any plans for more like that? Maybe different color schemes/stripes? I'm grabbing Psychodaves custom Charvel this week but in the near future would love one of those! :rock:
Thanks!

PeteLaramee":3hhp8i3z said:
And congrats Curt! Those look great. I would have a really hard time choosing with all those options.

Thanks Pete!

xzacx":3hhp8i3z said:
I'm really into #25 - just wish it had a reverse headstock.

We have a bandsaw and wood glue :D

SpiderWars":3hhp8i3z said:
Any roasted maple? Or plans for it? Don't even know if I'd want it, just curious.

It is in the works.

jcmlespaul":3hhp8i3z said:
I can't add any more to what Steve has covered other than I have played a few of the different chubtone models. I would say the chubtone guitars would get equal if not more playing time than the charvel custom shop I have owned. The price point rivals anything else on the market. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks Josh!

metalmaniac93":3hhp8i3z said:
I do not need another Super Strat!!!

Said no member of Rig Talk ever. :gethim: :)

Jeff Hilligan":3hhp8i3z said:
Congrats on your dream and making it happen! I love the reverse headstock!

Thanks Jeff!

bwgintegra":2tc35buk said:
Also, congrats to Curt, I've been buying pickups and Floyd parts from his store for years. He has always had great service and hope to get a guitar from him in the future.

Thank you!

Mailman1971":2tc35buk said:
I have not heard of Chubtones line up untill today.
Thanks for sharing the link. Fantastic looking guitars for a really great price!! :rock:
Congrats on the guitar line!! :thumbsup:

It was a sneak attack and Steve gave it away. The secret is I don't want to sell any of these so then I can keep them for myself! Don't tell my partner. :)

skoora":2tc35buk said:
Throw me on the congratulatory pile too. Awesome getting this launched. The guitars look great. I'm more of a stop tail tail guy but if I need to go Superstrat these guitars will be my first stop. Any plans on arch/carved tops or grained maple caps?

Thank you. We have a couple with figured maple tops that are in the works. No plans to do arch/carve tops right now.

Beyond Black":2tc35buk said:
Congrats to you Curt, and good luck to you with your new business venture! Not that you'll need it with that awesome line of guitars at those prices. :thumbsup:

Thanks. These prices won't be forever. We are trying to get established and get these guitars out there.

crwnedblasphemy":3ox0gfaa said:
Good prices...And Curt is cool as fuck...Buy up folks

True story. :hys:

alan67":3ox0gfaa said:
Now THAT's what I'm talking about.........gettin in line :rock:

There's a line? :D We are pretty happy with how it is going so far.

thenine":3ox0gfaa said:
Any plans for roasted maple? I just got a strat with roasted maple and Im really digging it.

And that is two questions about roasted maple. Let me fire up the BBQ this weekend and see what happens. :D

maddnotez":3ox0gfaa said:

If these are even near custom shop quality for much less it is very appealing. Most guitars that nice are much more expensive.

This is exactly what we are going for. There is a wealth of custom shop level talent all over So Cal.

Bronco":3ox0gfaa said:
I had the wonderful experience of playing one of these prototypes in January; I agree with everything Steve has said. Just great guitars at a sick value!

Thanks Eric. I appreciate it! We are working on a true dinky body too.

Racerxrated":3ox0gfaa said:
Awesome looking guitars Curt! Man, I love that vintage racing stripe that's sold....any plans for more like that? Maybe different color schemes/stripes?
Thanks!

Absolutely. I am a huge racing fan.

Scotty":2tw9bgf6 said:
You skater kid sneaker wearing Bavarian Manure wagon driving Rudy Sarzo hair styling 80s reject piss stained wall posing West coast bitch gain playing hope your karate kid punches you in the yam bag while his orthodontist's work goes south and you have to shell out another $5000 sonofabitch.

I buy FOUR guitars from you, countless NOS brass parts from you, let people know you are in good terms with ME and I get no heads up in this endeavor? You could have at least had the courtesy to give me a reach around pal.

I am sure that after listening to you for years speak of Charvel guitars that you have brought the best parts to your line and I know you are honest to a point of being too honest for your own good. I wish you luck my friend in this endeavor, your prices are going to shake up the entire business model and have others rethink their strategies. From the many times speaking with you I know you have done your homework, you may drive shit cars but I know you know hot rodded guitars as well as anyone in the business.

Love the LeMans strip guitar and hope you did not use Lucas electronics on it with that British green paint.

I hope to squeeze enough capital to order from you as the kid wants to go to private high school the little bastard, I have taught him too well to succeed in life unlike his booze swilling old man that spent way too much on a boat but still haves a ton of fun.

I wish you the best my friend.

And this just goes to show you how ineffective internet forum restraining orders are. How am I supposed to respond to maniacal rantings like this other than to say how am I supposed to inform you of my life plans when you are Mr. Forums Are So 2012 and also shun social media? Maybe I could attach a note to a flounder and while you are posing as your favorite The Deadliest Catch captain, putting around in that sorry excuse for an ocean, Long Island Sound, in your dingy, maybe you would catch that flounder?

And you want to hit below the belt? Because I like cars that turn left, AND turn right and stop and accelerate on a dime and go wherever I point them after a perfect heel toe downshift? Fine "Scotty". Two can play that game.

I am awesome enough without Facepage and Mybook, no need for additional propaganda on my part. It is all a matter of prospective.

I am all about Sea Bass and Little Tunnies right now, blackened Sea Bass tacos ALA Islamorada with fresh cut salsa using plum tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, lime juice, cilantro and grilling the tortillas over wood charcoal with margaritas made ALA Velco Fly with fresh limes and sugar cubes just makes me so much cooler than you are. I will be looking for that message on a flounder but I am sure one of the damn bottom dragger commercial guys will get it first.

Ah Long Island Sound, yes it is really a flooded body of land between Long Island, the home of the House of Metal and Connecticut but it does give you incredible views while having lunch with the wife to shut her up for why we are in debt in the first place.

20160830_110957_zpscsa3mi5y.jpg

2016 Mustang GT350, look it up on the internet one day. Yes we have gone past the days of wooden wagon solid axles believe it or not and have reached the 21st century in terms of suspension. I cannot patrol every Cars and Coffee on a national level and was considering selling my Mustang due to all of the Memes going around that the Mustang was an agent of ISIS.

Ah yes two can play this game of interesting owners of cars........

bmw-drivers-bad-parking-jobs-750x500.jpg

PxazI1O.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes I did have an X5 ute this past April while in the keys and it was fun to thrash around while soccer moms looked at me with looks of envy only dreaming of being on my field while hauling my family around.

So I am thinking Yngwie theme here........

Cream body
Your choice of neck radius, want what you would go for
Maple one piece neck duh and reversed and oiled like a cheap philipeno hooker during fleet week
Alder body want that late 70s shape
6100s I suck playing and need all that I can get
Traditional strat pickguard mint 3 ply
EVH low friction volume pot
I would send the wire, 70 year old cloth wire from a 1950s telephone switch to create that voices in the machine vibe ALA Jol Danzig
59/hybred custom bridge and Yngwie Fury neck and middle
5 way switching, screw Yngwie's 3 way
1984 Floyd
Brass strap buttons

If you choose to accept this build I will send you a deposit directly to your wife for her annual visit to the shrink to tell her things will get better he is just going through a phase right now.

Scotty":20wjg5zu said:
I am awesome enough without Facepage and Mybook, no need for additional propaganda on my part. It is all a matter of prospective.

I am all about Sea Bass and Little Tunnies right now, blackened Sea Bass tacos ALA Islamorada with fresh cut salsa using plum tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, lime juice, cilantro and grilling the tortillas over wood charcoal with margaritas made ALA Velco Fly with fresh limes and sugar cubes just makes me so much cooler than you are. I will be looking for that message on a flounder but I am sure one of the damn bottom dragger commercial guys will get it first.

Ah Long Island Sound, yes it is really a flooded body of land between Long Island, the home of the House of Metal and Connecticut but it does give you incredible views while having lunch with the wife to shut her up for why we are in debt in the first place.

20160830_110957_zpscsa3mi5y.jpg

2016 Mustang GT350, look it up on the internet one day. Yes we have gone past the days of wooden wagon solid axles

believe it or not and have reached the 21st century in terms of suspension. I cannot patrol every Cars and Coffee on a national level and was considering selling my Mustang due to all of the Memes going around that the Mustang was an agent of ISIS.

Ah yes two can play this game of interesting owners of cars........

bmw-drivers-bad-parking-jobs-750x500.jpg

PxazI1O.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes I did have an X5 ute this past April while in the keys and it was fun to thrash around while soccer moms looked at me with looks of envy only dreaming of being on my field while

Your choice of neck radius, want what you would go for
Maple one piece neck duh and reversed and oiled like a cheap philipeno hooker during fleet week
Alder body want that late 70s shape
6100s I suck playing and need all that I can get
Traditional strat pickguard mint 3 ply
EVH low friction volume pot
I would send the wire, 70 year old cloth wire from a
59/hybred custom bridge and Yngwie Fury neck and middle
5 way switching, screw Yngwie's 3 way
1984 Floyd
Brass strap buttons

If you choose to accept this build I will send you a deposit directly to your wife for her annual visit to the shrink to tell her things will get better he is just going through a phase right now.

I like this guy. He makes me LOL....Scotty, what's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?....The porcupines got it's pricks on the outside......

Back