NAM: Boss Katana

chadprsman

It's been a minute, but I can't believe there has not been a mention of the Boss Katana amps here. Inspired by the "brown sound" of the waza and using similar tech of the blues cube. Sounds pretty fucking good. I've got the 100 head and GAFC footswitch. Great sounding amp for the $, and a nice option if you don't want to be a tweaker... 55 boss effects available through the tone studio, even it's easy to use. There is a 50+ page thread on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. ... s.1744135/

I think $2,500 is too much for that amp . I would buy a JP 2c, kemper or axe fx if I'm investing that amount of money.

jinch0":se51npmx said:
I think $2,500 is too much for that amp . I would buy a JP 2c, kemper or axe fx if I'm investing that amount of money.

This is a newer amp that costs less than $400

Looks like a great amp to me. Lots of tones and inexpensive. Perfect rig to drag around town in your car. I'd get one if I needed that kinda setup.

Japanese Boutique?

Does not compute.

Like driving a Lexus... at the end of the day... it's a Toyota. Says so right on the window glass.

I'll pass.

Wizard of Ozz":3img5990 said:
Japanese Boutique?

Does not compute.

Like driving a Lexus... at the end of the day... it's a Toyota. Says so right on the window glass.

I'll pass.

I believe "Waza" is the quasi-boutique amp. These Katana amps are Boss branded and are pretty inexpensive. OP is talking about the Boss amps. They are pretty damn cool for the $$$.

mystixboi":2fuhqk1b said:
BrokenFusion":2fuhqk1b said:
Maybe time to upgrade my Vyper.

After 10 min with my 50 watt katana, my vypyr went into the storage part of my basement.
Good to know,Which Vyper? I have the VIP2 which is not bad for a bedroom amp, but I'm pretty bored with it.

the monitor speaker on the head for practice and checking FX is great. this should be in EVERY amp, even if it doesn't sound that great its extremely useful.

BrokenFusion":illoc2md said:
mystixboi":illoc2md said:
BrokenFusion":illoc2md said:
Maybe time to upgrade my Vyper.

After 10 min with my 50 watt katana, my vypyr went into the storage part of my basement.
Good to know,Which Vyper? I have the VIP2 which is not bad for a bedroom amp, but I'm pretty bored with it.

I have the same one. The boss craps all over it. The cleans alone just spank the peavey and I've been a hardcore peavey fan for decades!

The clean channel is pretty good(nice to add chorus/delay/reverb-AND the octive is fun), the crunch setting can be dialed in for a nice low gain Marshall sound, I have 2 "brown channels", set-mid gain and over the top with effects. Giddy Up.

Back