Charvel replacement body - Musikraft neck pocket question

Rock Bodom

I have a Charvel Legacy neck I'd like to put to use on a partscaster. Was thinking of buying a Musikraft body, I know I need the 2 1/4" neck pocket size obviously, but would I pick the angled or non-angled version (bridge will be a vtrem if that matters)?

Any suggestions on who does nice paint finishing appreciated as well (might go with a graphic, still thinking).

Thanks!

Rock Bodom":ql66usdf said:
I have a Charvel Legacy neck I'd like to put to use on a partscaster. Was thinking of buying a Musikraft body, I know I need the 2 1/4" neck pocket size obviously, but would I pick the angled or non-angled version (bridge will be a vtrem if that matters)?

Any suggestions on who does nice paint finishing appreciated as well (might go with a graphic, still thinking).

Thanks!
You don't need the angled pocket for a v-trem. You'd need it for a top mount (non-recessed) Floyd, unless you are lowering it to be flat against the body.

Graphic paint - Dan Lawrence is my choice. Marty Bell can do nice graphics as well, but his quality is not as good as Dan. Mike Learn is great as well. Marty is more reasonable priced than Mike or Dan if that is concern.

Steve

sah5150":ivg8gsto said:
Rock Bodom":ivg8gsto said:

Thanks!
You don't need the angled pocket for a v-trem. You'd need it for a top mount (non-recessed) Floyd, unless you are lowering it to be flat against the body.

Graphic paint - Dan Lawrence is my choice. Marty Bell can do nice graphics as well, but his quality is not as good as Dan. Mike Learn is great as well. Marty is more reasonable priced than Mike or Dan if that is concern.

Steve

Got it, thanks! Yeah, Dan Lawrence sounds good to me, I'm a fan and have a few guitars with his work on them already. Would be cool to finally actually commission something from him, think I will head down that road.

Back