Van Halen Official web site selling HAGAR things??

jlb32":1yf6drc6 said:
F.U.C.K. is one of my favorite VH albums. I also personally think it's Eddie's best tonally.

Ouch... you're definitely in the minority on the tonality thing. It didn't "suck" by any means... but was not revolutionary and huge like his DLR era tones.

I do love the songwriting and guitar tone on some Van Hagar era tunes like Seventh Seal, Black and Blue, and others. But those tones didn't send countless players on a lifelong quest to capture them, like VH1 thru Fair Warning did.

Mailman1971":303b4nbf said:
I grew up living with both. This is why I was surprised to see Hagar coming back in the scene.
Am a fan of both eras since they are both different worlds. :thumbsup:

Same here.... I don't get the hate or the this era vs that era bullshit. Just because one era was different than the other doesn't make one superior over the other.

Who runs VanHalenStore.com?
This website is owned and operated by the publisher and staff of The Inside, an all-Van Halen magazine published from 1995 to 2000. We started selling Official Van Halen merchandise in the summer of 1994, and we were one of the very first companies to have an online store, way back in 1995! We have been working with Van Halen and their management for 20 years. Their management has used some of our ideas in making Official merchandise, and they printed our website address in the liner notes of two of their albums. We've been interviewed on the DVD documentary, The Van Halen Story: The Early Years. We've interviewed band members several times for The Inside magazine, and visited their "5150" recording studio multiple times. Naturally, we are huge VH fans! - See more at: http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/AB ... Bt2gw.dpuf

These guys have always sold Sammy era stuff. They are fans, nothing more. Doesn't mean anything in terms of something brewing between Sammy and the VH brothers...

Steve

jlb32":2ejya7qn said:
F.U.C.K. is one of my favorite VH albums. I also personally think it's Eddie's best tonally.
45038b82e3115c2e348848a70d9eac4e.jpg

57c8d9274d0023278d147485b27fdf70.jpg

Mailman1971":39pnzgdh said:
I always thought the 'Van Halen' store was legit representing???
Eddies lawyers shut down a guitar sale I had years back. So to see this legitimate promo out without being closed down I would think Eddie is aware.

I can only assume you painted a guitar yourself (or bought a guitar someone had painted) with stripes and that is why it was shut down. Only officially released guitars are allowed, otherwise you're violating the copyright officially released guitars have.

Hope that makes sense.

sah5150":1to0wdxb said:
Who runs VanHalenStore.com?
This website is owned and operated by the publisher and staff of The Inside, an all-Van Halen magazine published from 1995 to 2000. We started selling Official Van Halen merchandise in the summer of 1994, and we were one of the very first companies to have an online store, way back in 1995! We have been working with Van Halen and their management for 20 years. Their management has used some of our ideas in making Official merchandise, and they printed our website address in the liner notes of two of their albums. We've been interviewed on the DVD documentary, The Van Halen Story: The Early Years. We've interviewed band members several times for The Inside magazine, and visited their "5150" recording studio multiple times. Naturally, we are huge VH fans! - See more at: http://www.vanhalenstore.com/page/VH/AB ... Bt2gw.dpuf

These guys have always sold Sammy era stuff. They are fans, nothing more. Doesn't mean anything in terms of something brewing between Sammy and the VH brothers...

Steve

Fake-News.jpeg

Nope! Not gonna believe it!

:D

damn, I see that argument from the 8th grade back in 1986 was never settled.... :aww:

Plus who cares about singers...the better question is who was better with David Lee Roth: Eddie or Vai?
(just kidding)

What's this about Van Halen having a different vocalist other than DLR? I've never heard such a thing.

I can't believe people still argue about these has-beens. It's been decades since they were relavent. Let them die in peace. :D

While I love all Van Halen, I guess I'm in the minority here as well. FUCK is by far my favorite to listen to. I thought they were simply on fire with that album. Doesn't rally matter who they tour with, tickets will still be way too expensive.

sgill72":129qnxqz said:
Mailman1971":129qnxqz said:
I always thought the 'Van Halen' store was legit representing???
Eddies lawyers shut down a guitar sale I had years back. So to see this legitimate promo out without being closed down I would think Eddie is aware.

I can only assume you painted a guitar yourself (or bought a guitar someone had painted) with stripes and that is why it was shut down. Only officially released guitars are allowed, otherwise you're violating the copyright officially released guitars have.

Hope that makes sense.
Yeah it was a project I painted back in the early 90s as a hobby.
I wasn't aware the stripe pattern was copyrighted back then. :LOL: :LOL:
Think he was playing EBBM or just signed with Peavey.
But I do understand these days.

jabps":3g6oox73 said:
If you grew up with the "real" Van Halen then for most, Van Hagar takes a back seat.

Honestly being there in real time was an amazing experience, just a completely different era in that classic old person cliche, you had to experience it to fully understand. Really no different than seeing Kiss in their heyday, VH was something completely unique. It was a show and everyone shined with Roth the ringmaster, MC, host etc... Truly some of the most powerful concerts I've ever attended. But that era of kitsch is gone and Roth doesn't have the vocal abilities to offset his shtick. It was great for a reunion but it's kinda worn thin type of thing.

Van Hagar era was no slouch though; amazing in itself and a testament to EVH's talent that one of the worlds biggest bands could shift direction and remain one of the worlds biggest bands.

I'll always prefer the "real" VH but respect to Van Hagar. I wish they'd hang it up but their ball, and if they were to resume with Hagar, they can and have earned the right do whatever they want.

I'll drink to that . I first saw them in 1980 and have seen them on every tour after. 1981 being the best and most memorable

Chester Nimitz":2k0qm9pv said:
450.jpg

Wheelchair tour ...

Sam doesn't sing much these days, just kinda growls.

Dude. I'm a DLR Van Halen fan. Never was a Sammy fan.
I saw Sammy in 2014 at the ROT Rally. He knocked me out. He hit all the notes, and was a fantastic entertainer. I developed a new respect for him that night. Say what you want about the man, but one thing is for sure, he brings it live and most assuredly can sing his ass off. If I make it to 69, I hope I can sing half as good as that man.

I used to be really critical of the Van Hagar stuff back in the day too, even though I liked many of the songs that came from the Sammy era....now I look back with the way the music world is today and say we were fuckin' spoiled to have all that good shit to choose from. It was just a different animal from the Roth era stuff....but man there was some great stuff in there too....
If Van Hagar didn't happen the way it did....we wouldn't have gotten the awesome solo albums from DLR. I wouldn't change a thing.

The only thing I'd change is to have never had the split and see where VH could/would have gone, to me that out weighs the cool DLR solo stuff. What might have been...

paulyc":n6dcw3dd said:
The only thing I'd change is to have never had the split and see where VH could/would have gone, to me that out weighs the cool DLR solo stuff. What might have been...

What might have been? They peaked at Fair Warning... unless you're into keyboards. All bands have a peak. None of them keep rising forever. Especially not ones with a nutcase, egomaniacal frontman and a bunch of guys whose lives were being run by alcohol and drugs. It's just a rock band people... a game-changer and one of the greats... but still just a rock band.

evhfan":2lponlyx said:
Can't read this whole thread...but the VH Store has had Hagar items for sale for decades
I guess I never noticed it. Just got the email and saw it. It's usually the evh striped stuff I saw promoted.

Back