Framus Cobra Anyone ?

Big Rich

I wanted this amp ever since they came out. Put it off until i got bored and just decided to grab one. Its a beast of an amp. You get the total recto vibe with it only it has way more gain. This amp does take time to tweak and get used to. The knobs are weird and interact with each other. Im still kind of figuring out what exactly does what but i managed to get a sound out of it that im happy with. The cleans are nice but who cares. The crunch channel is my favorite on this amp. its punchy and clear and aggressive. At volume this channel is pure anihilation. The lead channel is decent but doesnt have as much character as the crunch to me.

In this vid i used my PRS 594 with 58/15Lt pickups. I ran the head straight into my bogner 212 with v30s. Ive tried the amp with emgs and different prs passives in my guitars. I Saw so many reviews online mentioning the amp being picky with pickups and speakers and whatever. Im pretty happy with the sound i get with the v30s even though ive read negative reviews with them and this amp. Im also not too sure why this amp had so many negative comments about not pairing well with active pickups. It all sounded awesome to me haha.

This is the crunch channel btw. No boosts.

https://youtu.be/LfPE9GJOu6o

Thanks dude.

That thread actually helped me out alot. I really had a good idea of how to approach the eq on this amp from that thread. Im not sure if I couldve figured this amp out without some sort of strategy guide. You deff need some tips with this thing.

Sounds awesome. It’s one of those amps I drooled over and wanted for a long time. I never got one, but had the Framus Dragon for a while and that was a pretty cool amp.

Awesome, i really like the clip! How would you compare it vs the Recto Rev C?

Love my Recto's, looking for something new.

I should pull mine out of the closet... Been sitting in there for the better part of 7 years now lol Definitely a badass amp just fell in love with my EVH and everything else just sits and doesn't get used now lol

My cobra was one of the most badass amps I’ve ever played. Yours sounds great even without a boost. If you have a chance to put it through a greenback cab or a vht cab with p50e’s definitely give it a try. You won’t be sorry. Oh and good luck with the loop.

Metal1977":iflvx3sz said:

Thanks dude!!

The recto still has an overall richer sound to it which i prefer. The cobra totaly had the recto vibe as far as the wall of bass and punch rectos are known for. The cobra has way more gain and is definitely tighter and faster. I think you would probably like it if you are into rectos. Definitely read up on how to tweak the amp and set it up, it will save you alot of time. And definitely dont sell your rectos haha.

Big Rich":39b5tzkx said:
Metal1977":39b5tzkx said:

Thanks dude!!

The recto still has an overall richer sound to it which i prefer. The cobra totaly had the recto vibe as far as the wall of bass and punch rectos are known for. The cobra has way more gain and is definitely tighter and faster. I think you would probably like it if you are into rectos. Definitely read up on how to tweak the amp and set it up, it will save you alot of time. And definitely dont sell your rectos haha.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back