Wizard MTL Clips

Wizard of Ozz

Some random wankery clips of the 2017 Wizard MTL 100W in to a Wizard 4X12 with 2V30s + 2 H75 Creambacks...
Audix i5 mic in to UA Apollo Duo Twin MKII in to Logic Pro X on a MacBook Pro:

https://soundcloud.com/user-768095258-7 ... wizardmtl2

https://soundcloud.com/user-768095258-7 ... wizardmtl4

Guitar was a 2017 LP R9 with a Wolfetone BlisterBucker bridge (ceramic mag around 16.5K output).
V30 was close miced off axis and the speaker is basically still new.

... yes somewhere, just now GL just threw-up a bit in the back of his mouth. Yum. :yes: :D

Here's another with a different mic... different mic position. This is with a Bock U195 condenser about 2 feet back from the center cone off-axis. Not sure if I like it better... but gives a better feel of the amp in the room I think.

https://soundcloud.com/user-768095258-7 ... wizardmtl5

I got to play a wizard mtl, and will get to often.... badass amp.
Prob the only reason I haven’t bought one yet is cause a buddy has one.
Def fell in love instantly. Enjoy it bro!!

I couldn't get the WizardMTL3 track to play for me but otherwise the Wizard MTL has just moved up a few notches from the "I want" camp to the "I need" camp lol. I think my next amp purchase is a toss up between the MTL and a KSR. Thanks for the gas brother! :rock:

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

errrrrl":w5obr71k said:
I couldn't get the WizardMTL3 track to play for me but otherwise the Wizard MTL has just moved up a few notches from the "I want" camp to the "I need" camp lol. I think my next amp purchase is a toss up between the MTL and a KSR. Thanks for the gas brother! :rock:

This is what happens when you are new to Logic Pro X and close the program without saving the edits. :doh: :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

Definitely 2 killer amps. I want to make some clips of my KSR Gemini as well. Hard to go wrong with either one. Two different flavors of great high gain tone.

:rock:

Redneckstomp":3fyf7oyd said:
I listend all your clips on soundcloud. MTL is the best

Thanks. I can't disagree. It has a mean cut to it. :thumbsup:

I fairness though, I need to redo the Diezel clips as they were recorded with a stock Gibson CustomBucker (PAF clone) which is like 8.0K with an A3 mag... and not really that tight.

Fantastic clips!

The MTL sounds pretty incredible. So much cut to it but what I'm liking is that there's no "give" in the tone. Not quite in the same sense as a really tight and vicious solid state amp, but in a similar vein with more dynamics and liveliness. I actually think the MTL clips blow away both Deizel clips.

If you can, can you do a couple of MTL clips with the bass up high and showing the Saturation knob at different levels?

Man, if I could get the sharp, hard tone the MTL has with a bit more low mids or a Mesa Mark tone flavor added, I think I might be set.

Makes me really want to hear the MC and MCII compared. I've never really been a Marshall guy, but you may have just changed that. Then again, I've not heard a Marshall sound like your clips.

lespaul6":370hh3ep said:
OP do you use the custom buckers at all these days?

Not really. Just replaced my last set. They are really good pickups though. The closest Gibson has come to the real deal 1958-1960 original stock PAFs. Some complain about the use of the A3 magnet and by the late '50s most all oem pups were A4 mags... but they sound/feel great to me.

I tend to favor hotter bridge pups personally overall.

EvilBatman":1rzfhf07 said:
Fantastic clips!

The MTL sounds pretty incredible. So much cut to it but what I'm liking is that there's no "give" in the tone. Not quite in the same sense as a really tight and vicious solid state amp, but in a similar vein with my dynamics and liveliness. I actually think the MTL clips blow away both Deizel clips.

If you can, can you do a couple of MTL clips with the bass up high and showing the Saturation knob at different levels?

Man, if I could get the sharp, hard tone the MTL has with a bit more low mids or a Mesa Mark tone flavor added, I think I might be set.

Makes me really want to hear the MC and MCII compared. I've never really been a Marshall guy, but you may have just changed that. Then again, I've not heard a Marshall sound like your clips.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. :D

A lot of it has to do with the mic and placement etc. I really like the Audix i5 mic more than the favored and venerable Sure SM57. It stays tighter at volume and lets more highs thru.

The saturation pot on the MTL is sheer genius imho. It does what it says and lets you dial in just the right amount. Works great in unison with the depth pot. The MTL has a lot of bass and low mids if you want. I had the bass pot at around 11:00 and the depth around 10:00. It's gets really monstrous sounding very quickly.

I'm all about tight, focused high gain tones. Me no like mushy tones. :no:

bock needs a gobo methinks. i hear some phase cancellation from the room.

love my mtl

really hard to capture that huge 3d soundscape that you experience in the room with the amp. really inspiring to play.

Back