Effects for Soldano SLO-100

The Suhr Mini-mix doesn´t do anything with the levels going into the effects unit, but I suppose it might solve the impedance issue.

Since the server won't let me start a new topic...i'll post my question here and see if someone can help me out.

Will a Boss PSA work with any Boss pedal? i bought it for a Boss OD i used to have, and would like to hook it up to a boss Ch-1 now, but I want to make sure it'll work with the Chorus.

The Boss PSA i have is, a 120S; In, AC 100-240V/Output: DC 9v = 0.5A

thanks

MrDowntown":25u3pck3 said:
van hellion":25u3pck3 said:
bang for the buck, man i love my little TC nova unit.

Which NOVA unit?

man mine is just the nova system. 8 button multi unit. love it in the loop of every high gain head i own. its really great and cheap! in it you can change all of the input levels so id assume you can get it to play ball with an slo no problem.

A Wood

Dave L":t21k2qyu said:
The Suhr Mini-mix doesn´t do anything with the levels going into the effects unit, but I suppose it might solve the impedance issue.

True!

I was running a DL8000R delay, 100% wet and adjusted the fx level from the front panel output knobs.

AFAIK the new one can take up to 2 effects units in parallel which is pretty cool!

nevusofota":zof67j86 said:
Anyone use the Eventide H9 with the SLO? Looks like the perfect multi fx unit that doesn’t need a rack.

H9 can’t take the level. It expects an instrument level signal. The factor pedals can take the level however.

nnajar":1ii149t9 said:
H9 can’t take the level...
Yes it can. I borrowed a friend's H9 for a few weeks last year. Used it in my SLO's loop with awesome results. You just have to tweak the global input and output levels. It's in the latest manual under System Settings, I think.

pretty sure gary moore was rocking the intellifex with his soldano during the transition to still got the blues music
always loved my fex, but the korg dl8000 is an amazing delay/chorus unit.

Tried my SLO awhile back as a wet/dry rig, and I got hooked. So now I’m working on a small, portable wet/dry rig for gigging. It’s not quite done yet. I’m using a Katana as a slave amp, which is cool because it also serves as a backup if need be. The 2x12 has a Redback on one side for the dry signal from the Soldano. The Katana goes to the other speaker, which is an H75 Creamback. In this configuration, the brand/spec of effects doesn’t matter. I could use anything. I’m thinking about saving up for the Helix FX to replace all the wet effects (top row) pictured here.

Attachments

• BFDF092A-2686-43C0-A920-84F1A8951801.png
    BFDF092A-2686-43C0-A920-84F1A8951801.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,581
Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. I think I'm going to explore a wet-dry-wet rig. I'll keep everyone posted as it comes together. Again--thank you so much for the great advice responses. This is why I love Rig-Talk!

I tried my TC G-Natural acoustic processor with my SLO tonight, just to see how it sounds in the loop. I compared the specs and it seemed the same as the Nova system. I had to increase the units line level gain to 10 to achieve unity volume when I used the loop. It sounded good and would definitely be a contender but there was still something slightly missing. There was a slight drop in bottom end and a little more sizzle to the gain. I'm thinking this was due to the gain that I had to use w/in the TC unit to achieve unity volume as it must of been boosting the amp a bit. I still want to try an Intellifex but I really want to find something I can put on the floor (no rack).

I may not be understanding the SLO’s loop problem but would a Seymour Duncan pickup booster in the loop, after the pedals, work? It has up to 25db’s of boost.

nevusofota":2i7h2z2z said:
There’s a local Alesis QuadraVerb for $30. How do these sound in the SLO’s loop?

Good but not omg great. $30.... incredible.
But for live use it’s fine. I gigged with one for years .
Warren Haynes used to have one with his SLO.

IntenseJim":3djghj09 said:
nevusofota":3djghj09 said:
There’s a local Alesis QuadraVerb for $30. How do these sound in the SLO’s loop?

Thanks for the input.

I’m just trying to find something that I can put in the SLO’s loop that doesn’t change the tone. I’ve tried boosts in the loop and a TC G natural. Everything I’ve tried changes the tone. Still need to find an original Intellifex.

nevusofota":2uvo9qmq said:
IntenseJim":2uvo9qmq said:
nevusofota":2uvo9qmq said:

Thanks for the input.

I’m just trying to find something that I can put in the SLO’s loop that doesn’t change the tone. I’ve tried boosts in the loop and a TC G natural. Everything I’ve tried changes the tone. Still need to find an original Intellifex.
I seriously wouldn't worry about early vs later Intellifex....the build quality might have changed later but they sound the same. I had an early blackface next to my online version....same exact tone. Returned the original. Forum hype bs.

Racerxrated":3ivmgvk6 said:
nevusofota":3ivmgvk6 said:
IntenseJim":3ivmgvk6 said:
nevusofota":3ivmgvk6 said:

Thanks for the input.

I seriously wouldn't worry about early vs later Intellifex....the build quality might have changed later but they sound the same. I had an early blackface next to my online version....same exact tone. Returned the original. Forum hype bs.
Good to know as I was wondering if the black face was really that much better. They seem difficult to find now and draw twice as much. I found an "online" version for about $90 on my local CL that's in excellent shape. I think I'm going to give it a shot. In fact, its been on there so long the guy would probably take less. :thumbsup:

nevusofota":258txk6r said:
Racerxrated":258txk6r said:
IntenseJim":258txk6r said:

Thanks for the input.

Good to know as I was wondering if the black face was really that much better. They seem difficult to find now and draw twice as much. I found an "online" version for about $90 on my local CL that's in excellent shape. I think I'm going to give it a shot. In fact, its been on there so long the guy would probably take less. :thumbsup:
That's what I have, and A/Bd it with an early blackface that I paid 350 for at GC. No difference to me. I paid 125 I think for the online and the midimate pedal. Returned the blackface. Just make sure to turn the Hush off in each preset you use for the best results.

Back