Great Friedman BE-50 Demo (Dave Weiner)

Yup, Paul's vids and his testimony helped me make the decision to get the BE50. I played it last night through my new (pre-owned) Bogner OS 2x12 with an H75/60L and it sounded mean. Heavy. Without a boost with Sat on. Without Sat on with a slight boost.

bbaug14":d8xw3fd3 said:
LP Freak":d8xw3fd3 said:

Here’s some higher gain stuff

You should just post some more demos with the same set up. That would be sweet.

Yeah man, this clip I really like. Sounds killer :rock: Amp has a really good roar it seems. Seems like it can work and sit in very nicely plugged straight in but could also use a boost without it being too much.

I guess each video has it own purpose. An "amp features" video certainly has a purpose as well but for me and maybe a lot of people the sound will be the most important. Now if you can get a full feature video that sounds killer all around without being deceitful about it then to me that would be the best of all.

Sounds awesome!!

2 questions...

Rob, what's the FAT switch for?
Secondly, does it do "plexi"?

Great vid - yup - a more tone based vid is in order - Jer - we're waiting on ya - and overall - Friedman's got a special thang with his amps... I know.

Still a Bogner fanboi through and through, but the Friedmans have impressed me. Very much.

Ventura":13aa5ksi said:
Still a Bogner fanboi through and through, but the Friedmans have impressed me. Very much.

Same, I have had some amps that I really liked but the one amp I will never sell is the Rev 2. However, Friedman is very impressive and I do want to get one some day. I have the buxom boost but want the JJ :LOL: :LOL:

LP Freak":1bllrjg5 said:

Here’s some higher gain stuff

Sounds great man! I played one last week. Great sounding amp and probably my favorite from the Friedman line now.

Ventura":1vx64qv8 said:

Have you played the new Superlead? Its great IMHO. I played it when I tried out the BE50. I would have a hard time choosing between the two.

Ventura":137t39xj said:
Great vid - yup - a more tone based vid is in order - Jer - we're waiting on ya - and overall - Friedman's got a special thang with his amps... I know.

Next week I should be in receipt of the BE-50 from Rob so I will been it for sure. It'll give me a chance to show off my Custom Shop BC Rich!

Oddly enough, I have about zero experience playing anything Bogner. Closest I have gotten is the MBritt & Guidorist Kemper Profiles.

Played my BE50 at band jam tonight. ...Man, I don't know how else to say it: incredible amp. It's hot rod aggression and I'm loving the Sat switch more and more. It seems to have more low mids, but still cuts. I would be interested in maybe modding the HBE side of things as i feel it takes away some mids or bite, but that is easily dialed back with Presence, Mid, Treble and RESPONSE. Response is where it's at for me. ...I didn't like Sat at first, but once I opened it up at band jam volumes, I wasn't using a boost pedal.

BE without Sat with a good boost is gnarly metal and chug.

Can't wait to see the demo that comes from JerEvil on this. It will impress some of you that were unimpressed.

Now, if I can figure out how to dial in VH1 tones!!! My band is play 4 VH songs tomorrow night at our gig. Got my phaser and flanger added to the board!

Cheers.

Tone Merchant":1lyk7qcm said:
I had Dave specifically do a "guided tour of the amp." I wanted a video manual for the amp. I get calls every day about the feature set etc and if I have to explain to someone what the Fat switch does one more time, Ill run into moving traffic and that would make Physcodave way to happy. I think Dave explains things really well on camera and is perfect for what I wanted.

if Jerry wants to do a demo of the BE50 Deluxe all he has to do is text me

Hey Rob-

You have one of these at th shop I can try? Been very curious about his one. :D

Junk Yard Dog":3snwb4z6 said:
Any updates on the 'tone' features demo?
Not yet. I need to reach back out to Rob. I got hella busy and forgot all about this TBH.

Hold please...

Back