Intelligent Pitch - Harmonizers???

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I'm considering selling my Eventide H3000 D/SE. Besides the pitch shifting it does amazing delays, reverbs, chorus, etc...

Send me a PM if interested.

Chuck

glpg80":11be4hxe said:
one of the knobs fell off of mine. i just popped it back on though! :LOL: :LOL:

it never came off again. excellent unit ...

Wait...are you talking about your "significant other" or...? :LOL: :LOL:

'Just fun'n :LOL: :LOL:

amiller":1nqk6k2x said:
glpg80":1nqk6k2x said:
one of the knobs fell off of mine. i just popped it back on though! :LOL: :LOL:

it never came off again. excellent unit ...

Wait...are you talking about your "significant other" or...? :LOL: :LOL:

'Just fun'n :LOL: :LOL:

:hys:

dude that is so wrong on so many levels :LOL: :LOL:

digitech, eventide H3000, tc electronics G-force, boss....

bump - anyone that can give more testamonies on these units for their harmonization abilities?

i've always wanted the ability to do this on certain solo sections for an added effect but figured only units like the H8000 could do it. im really trying to figure out what sounds the best for the money.

im thinking the boss and digi are in their own league, whereas the eventide and the TC are also in theirs? or does it matter on harmonization?

Rocktron IntelliPitch (used them for years, out of production, same software as G-Force AFAIK, nice 1HU unit)
Major II (not yet, soon)
Axe (used it for 6 months)

Crunch Master":16ghww9k said:
I'm not sure if this will do you want or not, but it looks like it may be a good unit.

Eventide PitchFactor
http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/P ... actor.aspx
that pedal cant do scales - it can only "learn" from chords while you hold a button down and not adjust with root notes or 3rd/5th/7th's if you move up in modes in a particular key.

plus it wont sound righ if you instantly change keys all together without pushing and holding the button down again. amazing harmonies im sure, but not intellegent like the other units.

thanks - let me know how you like it. im leaning towards either the eventide H-3000 or the g-force. just looking for speculations from other members.

doesnt mentoneman own a g-force?

Zachman":26lvubuz said:
The H Series Eventide can program Custom scales, do Intelligent pitch, Diatonic, and fixed intervals-- but it's expensive.

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/H8000FW.aspx

i couldnt find the h3000 on there... do all H series have that ability zach? or just the beast models that are way out of my price range :aww:

i wouldnt mind spending $1,000 for the ability to preprogram diatonic scales, fixed intervals for modes, or do intellegent pitch shifting for whatever else you could think of.

if the h3000 can do all of these i definately know what to start saving for :D

glpg80":3t8d6zvx said:
Zachman":3t8d6zvx said:
The H Series Eventide can program Custom scales, do Intelligent pitch, Diatonic, and fixed intervals-- but it's expensive.

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/H8000FW.aspx

i couldnt find the h3000 on there... do all H series have that ability zach? or just the beast models that are way out of my price range :aww:

i wouldnt mind spending $1,000 for the ability to preprogram diatonic scales, fixed intervals for modes, or do intellegent pitch shifting for whatever else you could think of.

if the h3000 can do all of these i definately know what to start saving for :D

All the new H- Series (H7600, H8000, H8000FW)-- I think (Not sure about the 7600)-- allow Custom scales, the H3000 series did not, iirc. The H3000 series has long since been discontinued. I don't recall if the Orville (also discontinued) allowed Custom scales, but if it did-- perhaps that would be a viable solution for you-- though I would guess it's going to be a bit over the $1K range. Couldn't hurt to check it out though. Good luck :thumbsup:

Necro-bump for relevance and more discussion. Almost 10 years later and I still have the same damn questions :LOL: :LOL:

glpg80":2rd4z4im said:
Necro-bump for relevance and more discussion. Almost 10 years later and I still have the same damn questions :LOL: :LOL:
Ha i forgot about this. I now have the axe 2, but sadly hardly ever use the harmonizer.

And if Bob happens to see this - i never lost that weight (in fact i gained another 50) so the banana hammock vids never happened.

Talk about an old thread! Eventide added custom scales to the Eclipse pitch shifters a long time ago(Hungarian, harmonic minor all the modes and more(Neapolitan, Whole tone, Melodic minor, Enigmatic)were already in the Eclipse to begin with), also optimized the tracking since this thread was created. Eclipse is the best cost effective quality option.....Eventide even to this day is still the king of pitch shifting.

On the pedal side of things; the TC Electronic Quintessence allows you to program a scale too. And you have 3 Custom Toneprints for custom harmonies.
It tracks a helluvalot better than the Boss PS-6 I had before. Then again, the Boss's detune function was one of the better subtle, yet juicy chorus sounds I've heard.

Speeddemon":1e3gidjh said:
On the pedal side of things; the TC Electronic Quintessence allows you to program a scale too. And you have 3 Custom Toneprints for custom harmonies.
It tracks a helluvalot better than the Boss PS-6 I had before. Then again, the Boss's detune function was one of the better subtle, yet juicy chorus sounds I've heard.

The Quintessence looks like it might be a winner for me. Where have you placed it in your signal path? Is it in front of the amp or in the loop? And why have you positioned it where you have?

I have it in the Loop, as the 1st pedal.
That way distorted tones (amp gain only) come out better.

Loop is:
Quintessence Harmonizer-->Mooer Ensemble King Chorus (CE-2 clone)-->MXR Micro Flanger-->MXR Carbon Copy Analog delay-->Boss RE-20 Space Echo (for the more obvious stuff+tap tempo)-->FX Return.

Speeddemon":1qse6hvw said:
I have it in the Loop, as the 1st pedal.
That way distorted tones (amp gain only) come out better.

Loop is:
Quintessence Harmonizer-->Mooer Ensemble King Chorus (CE-2 clone)-->MXR Micro Flanger-->MXR Carbon Copy Analog delay-->Boss RE-20 Space Echo (for the more obvious stuff+tap tempo)-->FX Return.

Thanks Speeddemon :rock:

Back