The official NAMM 2012 rumors thread

Jakem

New Randalls for Hammett and Hetfield? Cameron attenuator? Hetfield ESP white iron cross Eclipse?

Rezamatix":1ki3rre0 said:
Line 6 is working in audio over Wifi. My friend works there, telling me about new wireless systems running over wifi, no more RF transmissions.

I.e. I could sit here and play your amp?

Some of Fender's 2012 products:

American made premium products inspired by musicians for musicians. Finest hand selected materials, new player-centric, hand-crafted designs featuring light weight bodies, compound radius necks and many other features…Inspiring innovation and constantly evolving. Stay tuned for more details of the exciting news coming from Fender.

firstlook1.jpg

firstlook2.jpg

firstlook3.jpg

If the first one had HSS pup config, modern C neck profile and a flametop body in 3-sunburst color, it'd be quite close to being a perfect strat in my books. :D

moltisanti":m8uvdmgv said:
Marshall Joe Satriani Sig JVM ?

Must be nearly ready

Since you mentioned Marshall, lets not forget the New Zakk Wylde signature, the AFD 5 watt combo, and the hopefully amazing "golden jubilee" 50th anniversary model Marshall.

mrkmas":3mayhdpk said:
moltisanti":3mayhdpk said:
Marshall Joe Satriani Sig JVM ?

Must be nearly ready

Since you mentioned Marshall, lets not forget the New Zakk Wylde signature, the AFD 5 watt combo, and the hopefully amazing "golden jubilee" 50th anniversary model Marshall.

Golden Jubilee... :rock:

kasperjensen":2hbe3pey said:
Rezamatix":2hbe3pey said:
Line 6 is working in audio over Wifi. My friend works there, telling me about new wireless systems running over wifi, no more RF transmissions.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: good catch dude.....anybody want to try out my stuff, I'll send my wireless address :thumbsup:

steve_k":rdzt45p4 said:
kasperjensen":rdzt45p4 said:
Rezamatix":rdzt45p4 said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: good catch dude.....anybody want to try out my stuff, I'll send my wireless address :thumbsup:

oh man, would that ever open up the possibilities! i likey :yes:

steve_k":1hlsw1wd said:
kasperjensen":1hlsw1wd said:
Rezamatix":1hlsw1wd said:

You would be first on my list!! :LOL: :LOL:

joepete77":ck4x084i said:
steve_k":ck4x084i said:
kasperjensen":ck4x084i said:
Rezamatix":ck4x084i said:

You would be first on my list!! :LOL: :LOL:
By the time the signal reached there you would have sold the greatest amp ever for the next greatest amp ever. :LOL: :LOL:

Reiep":33jrhizi said:
AFAIK the G series are already using Wifi or something close too (2.4 GHz) : http://line6.com/relay/

So I guess that's something else :confused:

2.4Ghz is just the frequency being used, it doesn't necessarily mean it's wifi. Wifi, specifically 802.11a/b/g/n is a protocol for transmitting data packets over various frequencies. I suppose it could be used for wireless, since various plugins have worked over IP networks for slaving of processing power. Reaper and Logic in particular both have this ability. But they'd really have to watch latency.

Back