Bogner Uberschall revision blue effects loop help

rp108

Hey everyone,

First post but been on these forums for awhile doing research like many. I could really use some help. I just got my Bogner Uberschall revision blue and loving it but I had some trouble with the effects loop.

The first thing I noticed was I had to dime the send level on the back of the amp to match the volume when the loop was disengaged. Is that normal? I figured it would be somewhere around 12 o'clock based on other amps I had.

Second, does the channel volume have anything to do with the effects loop? I know the other revisions did but can't get a clear answer if the revision blue does.

Last, when I got a uniform sound I noticed with my delay pedal engaged it just sucked the life out of the Uberschall. It's a boutique pedal and never noticed this with my other amps. To be sure, I ran a test with the fx loop engaged but the delay pedal off (true bypass) and didn't hear a thing. So I am not sure if I was overloading the pedal or it's the pedal itself.

Thanks!

The effects loop of the ubers, and most bogners, is their weak point. Yes, the channel volumes matter. Just had to sit down and find a balance between the channel volumes, the send level, and the levels on my effects to find a comfortable balance.

rp108":aq83oquw said:
The first thing I noticed was I had to dime the send level on the back of the amp to match the volume when the loop was disengaged. Is that normal? I figured it would be somewhere around 12 o'clock based on other amps I had.
Thanks!

Guessing this is because you can use it as SOLO boost when loop is active.

Can anyone confirm the channel volume affects the effects loop, specifically as a the send level? I thought it shouldn't because of the send level on the back but from what I was seeing last night it seems like they are related.

Talked with Charlie at Bogner. Very cool that he got back right away to me today. He said that the channel volume is still the send level and the "send" level on the back of the amp acts more like a return. He suggested dime that and lower the channel volume to match the unit.

So now, I think the problem was that I was overloading the pedal a bit with the channel volume since I ran that at around 1 o'clock. Lowering the channel volume should get the tone back to where it needs to be when the loop is engaged.

Back