New EVH Wolfgang Special made in china

nitro

The new run of EVH Wolfgang specials are now made in china.The japan plant where the EVH Wolfgangs were made has now closed.Terrible.......... :thumbsdown:

nitro":197ja86n said:
The new run of EVH Wolfgang specials are now made in china.The japan plant where the EVH Wolfgangs were made has now closed.Terrible.......... :thumbsdown:

The price should be reduced accordingly then..

I would rather get a Rasmus by Suhr than a foreign made EVH guitar..

TheEternal":1z6odmgv said:

I would rather get a Rasmus by Suhr than a foreign made EVH guitar..

I agree completely that the price should be reduced. I don't know what they are thinking. World wide, people know Japanese manufacturing is towards the very top. They also know Chinese manufacturing, while improving all the time is not as good as Japanese manufacturing. To think that they can get the same Japanese type money for a Chinese built guitar is RIDICULOUS.

Rasmus is made in China, now EVH is made in China. I don't know why Suhr would get the preference.

Chubtone":10i9cc97 said:
TheEternal":10i9cc97 said:
I don't know why Suhr would get the preference.
From the Rasmus website:

So what sets the Rasmus guitars apart from the competition? It wasn't merely enough to work closely with what we consider the best guitar manufacturing operation in Asia. We needed to go the extra mile so that the experience of playing a Rasmus is very close to playing a USA–made Suhr in terms of playability and sound. So with this in mind, we decided to offer genuine USA–made Suhr pickups, Japanese–made Gotoh bridges and the same German-made fret wires that we use on our Suhr instruments. The woods are of the highest quality imported from North America (Alder and Maple) and Indonesia (Rosewood) and meet our strict weight guidelines.

But this wasn't enough. Every Rasmus guitar will be Plek'd and set up by Suhr master builders before being shipped from the Suhr factory. Yes, we will disassemble each guitar, Plek the neck with our top–of–the–line Plek Pro computerized fret–leveling machine and do the set–up and QC check ourselves. You can be assured of superb playability due to the Plek process, excellent sound courtesy of the Suhr USA pickups, and reliable functionality offered by the same Gotoh bridges that we use on our own Suhr guitars.

You can also count on the same stellar customer service and product support that has made Suhr Guitars famous in the exclusive high–end market for custom instruments. We will support the Rasmus guitars in the same way that we've always supported our own USA–made Suhr guitars and other related products. The Rasmus guitars will only be available through authorized Suhr dealers in limited quantities. Rasmus requires a lot of our time and effort and that means there will be a limit to how many we can Plek and set up in our shop. This also means that each Rasmus will get the Suhr attention to quality and workmanship. Our commitment to quality is as strong as ever and this commitment will show in every Rasmus guitar.

I do not think this type of quality will be the norm with the Chinese EVH guitars..

I will never buy a guitar made in China even though the Suhr Rasmus are nice guitars for the money, have great parts and are reassembled/QC in the US. I agree that the Japanese guitars quality is at the top and I have owned a few ESPs/Ibanez's and currently have a Charvel So Cal. Even the Korean made guitars are good quality for the price.

TheEternal":1r58zct6 said:
From the Rasmus website:

It wasn't merely enough to work closely with what we consider the best guitar manufacturing operation in Asia.

Japan is in Asia still, right?

Chubtone":dft22hkg said:
TheEternal":dft22hkg said:
From the Rasmus website:

It wasn't merely enough to work closely with what we consider the best guitar manufacturing operation in Asia.

Japan is in Asia still, right?

Only on Tuesdays.

TheEternal":1bnfhs7f said:
Chubtone":1bnfhs7f said:
TheEternal":1bnfhs7f said:
From the Rasmus website:

So what sets the Rasmus guitars apart from the competition? It wasn't merely enough to work closely with what we consider the best guitar manufacturing operation in Asia. We needed to go the extra mile so that the experience of playing a Rasmus is very close to playing a USA–made Suhr in terms of playability and sound. So with this in mind, we decided to offer genuine USA–made Suhr pickups, Japanese–made Gotoh bridges and the same German-made fret wires that we use on our Suhr instruments. The woods are of the highest quality imported from North America (Alder and Maple) and Indonesia (Rosewood) and meet our strict weight guidelines.

But this wasn't enough. Every Rasmus guitar will be Plek'd and set up by Suhr master builders before being shipped from the Suhr factory. Yes, we will disassemble each guitar, Plek the neck with our top–of–the–line Plek Pro computerized fret–leveling machine and do the set–up and QC check ourselves. You can be assured of superb playability due to the Plek process, excellent sound courtesy of the Suhr USA pickups, and reliable functionality offered by the same Gotoh bridges that we use on our own Suhr guitars.

You can also count on the same stellar customer service and product support that has made Suhr Guitars famous in the exclusive high–end market for custom instruments. We will support the Rasmus guitars in the same way that we've always supported our own USA–made Suhr guitars and other related products. The Rasmus guitars will only be available through authorized Suhr dealers in limited quantities. Rasmus requires a lot of our time and effort and that means there will be a limit to how many we can Plek and set up in our shop. This also means that each Rasmus will get the Suhr attention to quality and workmanship. Our commitment to quality is as strong as ever and this commitment will show in every Rasmus guitar.

I do not think this type of quality will be the norm with the Chinese EVH guitars..

I agree with this and just wanted to add to it.....

In response to Chubtone's question: Not all factories in China are the same. I am not aware of which factory the EVH's will be coming out of, so it's questionable. As for Rasmus, Ed Yoon himself (former Suhr employee) hand picked the factory for which the Suhr Rasmus line would be produced. And, from just about all accounts over the net (including my own experience owning a Rasmus), they have had an excellent reputation for pumping out a quality product....many glowing reviews. Now, this could be totally different for the EVH line.....it's just too soon to tell.

nitro":31p94xyu said:
For EVH its all about the money.

Eddie has released great guitars & amps over the years.

If the specials are now going to be made in China, I bet you the quality won't suffer.

Ed demands quality from the stuff associated with him.

Tone Zone":1rs8xdb4 said:
TheEternal":1rs8xdb4 said:
Chubtone":1rs8xdb4 said:
TheEternal":1rs8xdb4 said:
From the Rasmus website:

I agree with this and just wanted to add to it.....

In response to Chubtone's question: Not all factories in China are the same. I am not aware of which factory the EVH's will be coming out of, so it's questionable. As for Rasmus, Ed Yoon himself (former Suhr employee) hand picked the factory for which the Suhr Rasmus line would be produced. And, from just about all accounts over the net (including my own experience owning a Rasmus), they have had an excellent reputation for pumping out a quality product....many glowing reviews. Now, this could be totally different for the EVH line.....it's just too soon to tell.

I want to get a USA Suhr, but if money is tight I would not feel too bad about one of the Rasmus guitars despite them being made in China..

TheEternal":79jjxnfp said:
I want to get a USA Suhr, but if money is tight I would not feel too bad about one of the Rasmus guitars despite them being made in China..

Yeah, the one I had (Rasmus Standard S200) was nice! Same Suhr playability, and sounded great too. Just sold it last week to a Rig-Talk forum member.....only because I took the liberty of ordering a Suhr Custom Standard that is due to arrive in my hands sometime in December. There was nothing wrong with the Rasmus, ...just preferred to have a nicer finish and SS frets. I sure wouldn't be against owning another one someday if something ever happened to my Suhrs due to a financial situation or otherwise. I'd definitely recommend them for a lower cost alternative to the real thing.

TheEternal":3ltbl6g1 said:
Like every other American company that has done that in recent months, they're probably planning on passing the savings directly on to their executive management. Boats don't pay for themselves, you know.

Of course, at the shareholder meeting it'll be "we're just trying to keep the lights on", "we HAVE to do this to be competitive".
:doh:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but my brand new Ibanez Artist AR325 is Made in China and on par quality-wise with my USA Hamer and LACS Starfield (Ibanez) guitars. It is simply a freaking incredible guitar.

Honestly, if it didn't say Made in China right on the back of the headstock I'd have never believed it either. I feel the instrument's value is 2 to 3 times what I paid for it ($539 brand new).

In my honest opinion, whatever Chinese factory Ibanez is using to make their new Artcore Custom and Artist guitars is capable of producing an instrument as good as just about anything.

How consistent are they? I don't know. Maybe I just got incredibly lucky, but I'm now a believer.

If Ibanez can pull it off I'm sure Fender/EVH can, too.

Look at this thing!

92AE8EE6-CCAB-42DD-B674-4F3F5EDA4F12-11565-00000BF394CA8E33.jpg

Devin":2yup6240 said:
I'll probably get flamed for this, but my brand new Ibanez Artist AR325 is Made in China and on par quality-wise with my USA Hamer and LACS Starfield (Ibanez) guitars. It is simply a freaking incredible guitar.

Honestly, if it didn't say Made in China right on the back of the headstock I'd have never believed it either. I feel the instrument's value is 2 to 3 times what I paid for it ($539 brand new).

In my honest opinion, whatever Chinese factory Ibanez is using to make their new Artcore Custom and Artist guitars is capable of producing an instrument as good as just about anything.

How consistent are they? I don't know. Maybe I just got incredibly lucky, but I'm now a believer.

If Ibanez can pull it off I'm sure Fender/EVH can, too.

Look at this thing!

92AE8EE6-CCAB-42DD-B674-4F3F5EDA4F12-11565-00000BF394CA8E33.jpg

Man, that's super nice..

To be honest, I have been blown away by the quality for the money of the new, Chinese made Charvel Desolation series guitars. They don't sell very well though. Those and the Rasmus opened my eyes as to what Chinese manufacturing is capable of these days. However, to say that ANY guitar factory in China is better than the best of the Japanese guitar manufacturing is really pushing the limits of what we are supposed to believe. I have no doubt that Ed and John Suhr secured the best guitar manufacturing company in China. I know that John Suhr does not mess around. I also know, from being on the front lines in a guitar shop, that there is a limit to what someone will pay for a Chinese made guitar. And I think in some cases we are surpassing that limit.

There is also a fairly large number of customers that won't touch a Chinese made guitar for purely political reasons. I have to listen to their rants almost every single day. So I point them towards a Korean or Japanese built guitar and in many cases, they are OK with that. It's to the point where I almost cringe when someone asks where a guitar is made. Now if it's a cheapie, people expect China, but you know, $350 and up, people don't want Chinese made in my experience. I sell SO MANY Seagull guitars because they start at $350 and are made in Canada. Gee, let's see..... Canada or China? Seagull....... SOLD!

Anyway, more on topic, I think it is quite optimistic for the EVH line to move production from Japan to China and think the consumer will be happy to line up and pay the same price for it. The store is paying the same price for it too. If Fender can make a USA Standard Strat in a hard case for $999 why can't they make an EVH Wolfgang Special for $1399 in the USA on a production line?

Hmmmm. Glad I have my Japanese EVH Special and will definitely be hanging onto it. I'll probably try a Chinese one but highly doubt it will compare.

Elric":1fh2ydlf said:
TheEternal":1fh2ydlf said:
Like every other American company that has done that in recent months, they're probably planning on passing the savings directly on to their executive management. Boats don't pay for themselves, you know.

Of course, at the shareholder meeting it'll be "we're just trying to keep the lights on", "we HAVE to do this to be competitive".
:doh:

This is the main reason why I will not buy a Chinese guitar or amp. It is hard enough already not to buy Chinese goods!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Back