Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Jun 25, 2017 12:32pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:07am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I don't know about any of you all, but I dislike doing business with musiciansfriend.com. Do they offer a ton a decent gear decently priced? Sure do. What about when you actually order that gear; can they ship it the same day the order is received? Apparently not.

I ordered an ENGL Z-4 footswitch on Sunday, Nov18th. You think I might have received it by now wouldn't you? :) Nope. I just yesterday *(11/27) received the shipping confirmation. The only time I shop at musiciansfriend.com is when Sweetwater.com doesn't have what I need. Otherwise I avoid mf.com like the plague. All said and done it's taken 11 days to receive an item that was in-stock! I even paid an upcharge for two-day shipping. Haha, what a joke!

When I order from Sweetwater I get a phone call from a sale representative within an hour of my purchase. 1. Thanking me for my order and 2. Confirming the order and when it will ship. I know you guys experience the same level of service and damn it's refreshing to say the least.

Sweetwater usually ships the same day unless the order is recevied too late in the day. So worst case scenario, I'm looking at 3-5 days tops to receive the product. I kills me that mf.com can't even get something off the shelf in 5 days. This is at least the 3rd time I've experienced this with musiciansfriend.com. It one of the reasons that keeps me from going back and doing business with them on any consistent basis.

I wish Sweetwater had a few more lines of gear available; namely ENGL & ESP/LTD. Who else is out there that has Sweetwater like service?

calhoun tubbs, Mklane, PaulyPanacea, borninwinter, Mailman1971, cameron711,
the4thlast1, tcrash, hazmat33, glassjaw7, just42dave, axegod8185, dual lead, sjk,
davyped, tfridgen, J.B., Audioholic, Laura (I love her!)

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:14am 
Rock God

I avoid MF, GC, Music123, etc when I can.

I generally order from small online shops, Sweetwater, or Zzounds.com.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:17am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

blackba wrote:

Same here. The only exception for me is Sweetwater due to the fact that their sales team is great and it seems they take a real pride in their gear (high resolution photos for expensive gear w/ different serial numbers). Other than that, it's hometown favorites who are always great to deal with.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:21am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Luckily, I've never had that experience with them. Everytime I've ordered something from them, I always got it pretty fast....unless the item was backordered. Most of my experiences ordering from Musician's Friend have been quite positive. They offer good discounts most of the time and when they are not.....I can often call them up and get them to bend to at least 15%, if not 20% off an item the majority of the time. So, I can't really complain. :dunno:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:26am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
I can often call them up and get them to bend to at least 15%, if not 20% off an item the majority of the time. So, I can't really complain. :dunno:

Maybe I should start calling and trying to do the same. I could live with the slow service if I was rountinely getting discounts.

the4thlast1, tcrash, hazmat33, glassjaw7, just42dave, axegod8185, dual lead, sjk,

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:34am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

dooredge wrote:
Tone Zone wrote:
I can often call them up and get them to bend to at least 15%, if not 20% off an item the majority of the time. So, I can't really complain. :dunno:

Maybe I should start calling and trying to do the same. I could live with the slow service if I was rountinely getting discounts.

Yeah, it seems that I generally get them to do so about 90% of the time. The last thing I ordered from them in early November was the new TC Electronic Flashback X4 delay pedal (although backordered)....and I was able to get 20% off of it. 20% off can be a bit more difficult to get at times.....but 15% off at anytime is fairly easy in my experiences when ordering from them.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:50am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I've had good results with MF & Sweetwater - both discount off published prices. I've even received items that I wasn't happy with and was going to return, and they offer additional discount to keep (rec'd ENGL cab with scuffs and tear in tolex on a like new item, they took another $50 off). Dealing with smaller shops is nice but sometimes selection and the ability to pay for over longer time if you want 0% interest to pay for pricey item is main motivator. Too bad ENGL doesn't just include the darn footswitch with their heads.

Diezel Hagen - Black Out
ENGL Artist
Mesa Triple Rec Multi-Watt Black Out
Orange 4x12's (1 x All V30, 1 x V30/Creamback 65)
Mesa 2x12
James Tyler Classic - Ice Water
Knaggs SSC - Lime Green T1
Nash T-52

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:53am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

MI retail seems so wishy-washy.

I was in it when GC and Mars were cutting prices down to actual dealer cost (sometimes below actual cost). Mars lost that war, GC essentially monopolized the market, putting local Mom 'n' Pop stores out of business. When that happened, it seems like they unilaterally raised their prices across the board and changed the sales associates' wages to no commission, seemingly to cut out low profit margins.

I say all this because 10-15 years ago, 20% off retail was nothing. You could get at least 35% off stuff -- it was cutthroat. Even Mesa Boogie was hard to push back in the early 2000s; that's "C" mark stuff, meaning that dealer cost is 70% of retail. Everyone was/is under the impression that you can't negotiate on Boogie stuff. Lie. You can successfully negotiate anything, even a can of beans at the grocery store.

Rambling rant aside, I think your best bet is to find a smaller shop/online shop that will cut you a better deal than the big chains while still
making a little commission -- win/win for everyone, and you feel better knowing you didn't have to go to GC (the owner of Musicians Friend).

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 11:30am 
Hack

Out here on the east coast you can definitely deal in the big stores, probably because you have both GC and Sam Ash. Full disclosure I work at a Sam Ash (and people are constantly threatening to go to GC to negociate prices heh). Sam Ash also has an online store, I won't comment on their service I've never ordered from it myself, but the shipping seems to be pretty fast. In NY we're able to use the same warehouse to drop ship things to customers and the turn around seems pretty quick.

That said, Sweetwater's customer service is unbelievable. I've bought stuff there in the past and they always follow up to make sure you're happy with the product and then check in every few months.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 11:33am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

marvcus wrote:
Rambling rant aside, I think your best bet is to find a smaller shop/online shop that will cut you a better deal than the big chains while still making a little commission -- win/win for everyone, and you feel better knowing you didn't have to go to GC (the owner of Musicians Friend).

This is inaccurate. In most instances, smaller shops can not compete with big chains when negotiating discounts on new items. Sure, every once in a while they might be able to undercut a big chain, but the majority of the time you'll find better discounts at big chains for most items. It's simple economics.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 11:37am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
marvcus wrote:
Rambling rant aside, I think your best bet is to find a smaller shop/online shop that will cut you a better deal than the big chains while still making a little commission -- win/win for everyone, and you feel better knowing you didn't have to go to GC (the owner of Musicians Friend).

This is inaccurate. In most instances, smaller shops can not compete with big chains when negotiating discounts on new items. Sure, every once in a while they might be able to undercut a big chain, but the majority of the time you'll find better discounts at big chains for most items. It's simple economics.

Really? I bet I could get a better deal at King Guitar than at GC on, say, an EVH Wolfgang. ;)

I understand your point and concede a bit since the bigger stores put out way more volume. Depends on what you are looking for.

My question is, if you can get it at GC/MF for $2000 and at a small store for the same (MAP), which one would you go with?

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 11:48am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

marvcus wrote:
Tone Zone wrote:
marvcus wrote:

Really? I bet I could get a better deal at King Guitar than at GC on, say, an EVH Wolfgang. ;)

I understand your point and concede a bit since the bigger stores put out way more volume. Depends on what you are looking for.

My question is, if you can get it at GC/MF for $2000 and at a small store for the same (MAP), which one would you go with?

Well, I wasn't referring to GC....as most people know, they are just out there to FUCK somebody. As they are the biggest name in musical instruments. I was referring more to big online chians. And, yeah...I know MF is owned by GC, but as everyone knows....the sames discounts don't apply at GC. And, to answer your last question....honestly? I'd go with MF. Just because I can have it sent to me for free (in most cases)....and if there are any issues, I find it easier to have them resolved through them and often get an additional discount if there is a problem. Also, there is the huge advantage of not having to pay TAX.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:11pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I use Sweetwater. I ordered picks through MF a while back and it took about 10 days to get here. There "free" shipping is free meaning you get what you pay for. I understand that items shipped free go through UPS and USPS so it takes a while. Typically, when I order something, I want it quick and 10 days doesn't quite cut if for me. I live too damn far from most stores to just "run out" and get this stuff. It becomes a half day excursion which I don't always have time for...

info at valvequeen dot com
My band:
http://foolscrown.com

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:24pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
Also, there is the huge advantage of not having to pay TAX.

I'd say this is the biggest reason I shop on-line for gear needs. Lord knows we all pay through our noses tax-wise & if I can avoid paying taxes (& get free shipping) on gear I will. Heck, I saved $134 alone in taxes when I bought an amp from Sweetwater earlier this year.

I'd rather do the on-line things versus going to GC and dealing with some mook who thinks they know gear. I will say I do support the little guy in my town. It's a nice shop. No fabulous selection of gear; just your run of the mill Epiphones, Schecters & Ibanezes, Fender, Blackstar, Kustom brands. But I like to buy my cables, strings, picks, straploks and stuff like that from him. Pretty easy to see what the mark-up is and he's definitely making a profit so I'm all for it. I'd rather help his bottom line than GC's.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:37pm 
Supah Stah

My guess is that it was listed as "in-stock" but was actually drop-shipped from the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:43pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

The last time I went to GC, the kid working called me ma'am. I didn't buy anything and haven't been back since. Guys who know me know that I have spent a pretty penny in that place in the past.

My band:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:50pm 
Rock God Trainee

Laura wrote:
The last time I went to GC, the kid working called me ma'am. I didn't buy anything and haven't been back since. Guys who know me know that I have spent a pretty penny in that place in the past.

Dig out that Sacred Reich shirt and he won't call you ma'am anymore... :lol: :LOL:

My YouTube Channel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 12:55pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

RockStarNick wrote:
My guess is that it was listed as "in-stock" but was actually drop-shipped from the manufacturer.

It was actually one of their "gently used" items priced at a discount. :dunno:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:05pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
dooredge wrote:
Tone Zone wrote:

Yeah, it seems that I generally get them to do so about 90% of the time. The last thing I ordered from them in early November was the new TC Electronic Flashback X4 delay pedal (although backordered)....and I was able to get 20% off of it. 20% off can be a bit more difficult to get at times.....but 15% off at anytime is fairly easy in my experiences when ordering from them.

Yeah when Musician's Friend has exclusions on a 15% off coupon, it's usually as simple as opening a chat window or making a phone call to get them to budge on the price even if it's on the blacklist. You can also go through EBATES http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yJLc548xePPOKz6s9v%2BfVA%3D%3D to get an additional 4% off at Musician's Friend (as well as Guitar Center and Sam Ash) in cash back (it doubled to 8% on Cyber Monday). :rock:

Last edited by chumbucket on Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:14pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Laura wrote:

Hey, you could've been called worse! :D

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:15pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

MF can suck it. I ordered a Tremol-no and a few packs of picks and picked 2nd day shipping. As I wanted the tremol-no for a show that weekend. Well I get an email later that day saying the Tremol-no is on back ordered. So I call and tell them I want to cancel the ENTIRER order cause I don't want the picks sent 2nd day air (which the representative agrees is silly) and then receive my trem 2 weeks later. So what do they do. They cancel the tremol-no order but send the pics 2nd day shipping. :doh: Seriously. . . WTF! Why would I pay $8 shipping for $6 worth of picks? Now when ordering online I call to make sure the item isn't on back order before I complete my transaction, which also gives me a chance to haggle a discount :yes: .

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:20pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

tripstan wrote:
MF can suck it. I ordered a Tremol-no and a few packs of picks and picked 2nd day shipping. As I wanted the tremol-no for a show that weekend. Well I get an email later that day saying the Tremol-no is on back ordered. So I call and tell them I want to cancel the ENTIRER order cause I don't want the picks sent 2nd day air (which the representative agrees is silly) and then receive my trem 2 weeks later. So what do they do. They cancel the tremol-no order but send the pics 2nd day shipping. :doh: Seriously. . . WTF! Why would I pay $8 shipping for $6 worth of picks? Now when ordering online I call to make sure the item isn't on back order before I complete my transaction, which also gives me a chance to haggle a discount :yes: .

Lesson here: Don't fuck around with MF if you need to get your shit fast! As I said earlier, I've had pretty good luck at getting my order fast...but, if I were ever in a pinch and HAD to have it fast, I would not take my chances with MF. Just from what I've read here, 2nd day shipping is a waste of time and money when buying from MF.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:43pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

im in no way calling anyone here wrong, my experience has just been different. but ive been ordering from them regularly for 5+ years and ive never had a problem.

i do hate guitar center though, i traded in some pedals for an ibanez paul gilbert airplane flanger from them which wasnt in store. i get am email saying that its on backorder, i called and they said it will ship on the 16th. the 16th came around and nothing happened. i called, they said it didnt ship because there were other people ahead of me. i told them that someone told me it would ship, "who told you that?, what was their name?". of course i didnt remember their name, apparently im supposed to record every convo i have with them because they cant be trusted, according to this person. (lol, not literally) so they said they guaranteed it would ship on the 22nd. sure enough im an idiot and didnt get that persons name.the 22 came around and nothing happened. called, same story, people ahead of you. and im screwed because since i traded gear for it im sure i cant demand my money back. i told the story said that i want the numbers, you say it will ship, i want you to tell me how many people have ordered these, how many pedals are coming in and where i am in line, i was on hold forever and she told me. finally someone was right and it shipped when she said it would

thats in addition to all the trips ive made there, having sales men say things like this:

me- do you have the les paul signature stings
him- yeah, which ones do you want? (thinking i meant stings that go on a les paul or something)

or

me- do you have any gibson v's in or on the way
him- no but i have a dean v here

no i dont buy it just because it says gibson but i dont buy it just because its a v either

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:45pm 
Rock God

I've never had a problem with MF. They've even made exceptions for me in the past. But if you feel that way-go to sweet water. They're great guys, great business.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 1:49pm 
Rock God

I've ordered tons of stuff from them over the years, never with a bad experience. Lately I've been ordering more from SW though.

Good transactions with: Juggernaut, Daavvt, gbsmusic, reverymike, zewango, Ancient Alien, RACKSYSTEMS, moltenmetalburn, lolzgreg, tlingen, Chris O, guitarded_1, Findthetone, King Guitar, dual lead, axegod8185, dooredge, OUTLAW1969, mniel8195, Dale B, Crunchtime

http://imgur.com/jtdoLvC

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 2:09pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
Laura wrote:

Hey, you could've been called worse! :D

I know but seriously if you are trying to sell, you should probably know that most women don't like to be called ma'am. Just sayin'...

My band:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 2:12pm 
Supah Stah

Solution: www.samedaymusic.com.

Just like it sounds - if it's in stock, it ships that day. If they screw up, they pay you $100. Pretty f'n cool. I found them after a similar experience to the OP's.

They generally will match MF discounts, too, if you call them.

Great transactions with: King Guitar, gainzilla, pstar, BIGKAHUNA, manray03, QueenCityGuitars, ttosh, Jimmie, lolzgreg, mystidream, bwgintegra, truthhurts318, locoed, Marshallman, gibson5413, Wizard of Ozz, goldwing68nv, ConcreteVampire, rrtiludrop, zuel69, sjk, axegod8185, caseygree, 61reissue, Spaceboy, Gainfreak, ChadVanHalen, 232cap, barnesjd, smdb.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 3:31pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Sam Ash has been having some killer deals on Gibson. Got a 2012 Traditional mahogany satin (worn brown) for 1050 shipped brand new. I also got within 4 days of placing order.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 1951 times ]

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 3:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

dwizted wrote:
Sam Ash has been having some killer deals on Gibson. Got a 2012 Traditional mahogany satin (worn brown) for 1050 shipped brand new. I also got within 4 days of placing order.

Man, that's a beaut ! Bound Gibson LP for a grand is a great deal.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 4:08pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Musicians Friend/Guitar Center has a huge distribution center in Kansas City Mo, it is really close to the UPS and FedEx distribution hubs. If you need the item quick. Don't do free shipping, instead pay for the typical ground or 3 day, they ship the same day in that case. Free shipping allows them to focus on getting out the paid shipping items first and then the free shipping items.

I live close enough where ground shipping is overnight delivery. But If I use "free shipping" it can take up to a week! So I always pay the cheap shipping fee (usually the one up from free) and get the item overnight.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 4:10pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I've never had an issue with MF taking their time to ship. Usually it's shipped the next day or the day after. Obviously in the OP's case the holiday screwed things up a bit.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 4:42pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

What's funny is I spoke on the phone to customer service before & after the holiday; they never used that excuse. That's a lame excuse anyway. 'Murica keeps on moving right through the Thanksgiving any more with all the black Friday greedness. If the holiday affected my order, it more than likely came down to some knucklehead on a tryptophan overdose.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 5:49pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Recently spent $3300 on a guitar in Bostons guitar centre. Now the first time I was there I spent about 500 on pedals, had a great service, no pushy sales guy. The guy I had was very patient and spent about an hour with me trying several out. I didn't haggle and didn't get any discount. Didn't really bother me.
Fast forward to a month later and I am back in trying out some guitars. I wasn't being snooty or arrogant but I made it clear I would be spending a fair amount on a guitar. Had a sales guy with a beard who seemed to be more concerned about talking to his buddy. Anyway I pick a guitar that I loved, had a problem using my card though as being from the UK the banks panic when a transaction of that amount is made. So it gets stoped and the bank asks for the authorisation call. The guy couldn't be assed and said it was declined. I called the bank themselves and they said that wasn't the case. They said the sales guy needs to call us. But he wouldn't and didn't seem to care about the sale. I ended up handing over 3k cash. No thanks for the sale or anything. I would have walked but I really wanted the guitar. So thats put me off GC and next time I am Boston next year I will give them a miss. I went to Sam Ash in new york the week later and had great service just for spending 200 bucks and discount and 2 hours of great gear chat

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 5:54pm 
Rock God

Aristocat wrote:
blackba wrote:

Same here. The only exception for me is Sweetwater due to the fact that their sales team is great and it seems they take a real pride in their gear (high resolution photos for expensive gear w/ different serial numbers). Other than that, it's hometown favorites who are always great to deal with.

They do have a great sales team. But God Forbid you give them your phone number. You don't even have to order and expect bi monthly phone calls. I do like the candy though.

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 6:11pm 
Hack

So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 6:24pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I've never had an issue with MF really. I did get a DOA Jet City Pico Valve amp once, but it was clear that the shipper (UPS) had used it as a football in an NFL game. MF made it right for me.

I will say though... I've been a bit frustrated with MF for a month or two because I REALLY want to pick up a Saffire Pro 24 recording interface and NONE of the 10-15% MF coupons/discounts for the past couple of months applied to that particular piece of hardware. They sell it for $299 (non-DSP version) and I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Closer to $250 and I'd have snapped one up already.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 7:17pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Noah76 wrote:
So you order on a Sunday and want them to ship on a Sunday? Lest see UPS,FedEX,USPS don't work on Sunday. No pick up=no ship.When I worked at UPS in the late 90's I sure as shit never worked Sunday.But please tell us how you were inconvenienced again.

ninja: Oh ya most if not all shipping centers are not open on a Sunday and it sometimes takes a day or 2 to get to the order. Or the second/third shift.

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 7:53pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Red_Label wrote:
I will say though... I've been a bit frustrated with MF for a month or two because I REALLY want to pick up a Saffire Pro 24 recording interface and NONE of the 10-15% MF coupons/discounts for the past couple of months applied to that particular piece of hardware. They sell it for $299 (non-DSP version) and I just can't bring myself to pay that much. Closer to $250 and I'd have snapped one up already.

Open up a chat window when your coupon code doesn't work and talk to a rep. They will give you another coupon code that overrides the blacklist. If you clicked through Ebates too, that $299 interface becomes about $243 with free shipping and no tax. I scored a Bogner Red for that price the other day. :rock:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yJLc548xePPOKz6s9v%2BfVA%3D%3D

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 8:07pm 
Hack

dooredge wrote:
Noah76 wrote:

Haha, you gotta be kidding me right? I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb. Any dimwit knows nothing ships or moves off a shelf on a Sunday. That wasn't the point of the post you moron. :D

Then why the hell are you bitching?You made a post how so and so can't ship on the same day of ordering on a fucking Sunday you dumb cum eating whore.You walked right in to your own stupidity. And if you needed that shit the next day pay for next day air you dumb fucking cunt. Now go hang your self.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 8:17pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

It's Zzounds.com for me. Ordered a NEW Marshall JVM205 today for $1195. The thing about them, is that they don't fuck around with price matching, they BEAT your best price. Probably spent 10k with them in 2 years.

Randall RD412 V30's/G12T-75's
MXR Zakk Wylde OD
MXR Black Label Chorus
Boss DD3 Delay
Joyo Space Reverb
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss NS-2

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 8:25pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

napalmdeath wrote:
It's Zzounds.com for me. Ordered a NEW Marshall JVM205 today for $1195. The thing about them, is that they don't fuck around with price matching, they BEAT your best price. Probably spent 10k with them in 2 years.

Yep, that's where I got my EVH 50W from. Had purchased it from MF with 20% off for $800....it was on backorder. Contacted zzounds.com and they beat it for a grand total of $776 to my door! And, I didn't have to wait with them...they had one in stock! :rock:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 8:33pm 

Noah76 wrote:
dooredge wrote:
Noah76 wrote:

Then why the hell are you bitching?You made a post how so and so can't ship on the same day of ordering on a fucking Sunday you dumb cum eating whore.You walked right in to your own stupidity. And if you needed that shit the next day pay for next day air you dumb fucking cunt. Now go hang your self.

Now, I know you can read because you're posting here, but I have to say your reading comprehension is akin to that of a 2 year old retarded goat. Go back and read the initial post, if you're too lazy/stupid allow me to summarize..... ahem.........you're an idiot.

BOUGHT FROM: cyndicate, 1923ford, rlord1974, sevenstringer, technomancer, ibanez4life SZ!, just42dave, quinnethan, moltenmetalburn, pulverizer, dimebag11, bwgintegra, Code001, KingGuitar, GtarLover, 7 Stringer, bwgintegra, stratjacket, Jeremy
SOLD TO: GuitarGoat, diezelduder, rlord1974, moltenmetalburn, smdb, mmolteratx, halebox, bwgintegra, LickliterAmps, dooredge, King Guitar, VC4Ever, strata2628, bwgintegra, dwizted

Proud Member of the "Pack 'em tight and pack 'em right" Club

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:07pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Tone Zone wrote:
napalmdeath wrote:

Yep, that's where I got my EVH 50W from. Had purchased it from MF with 20% off for $800....it was on backorder. Contacted zzounds.com and they beat it for a grand total of $776 to my door! And, I didn't have to wait with them...they had one in stock! :rock:

Got my EVH from them as well. Got my Les Paul Classic Plus for $1551, back when they were all $1899.

Randall RD412 V30's/G12T-75's
MXR Zakk Wylde OD
MXR Black Label Chorus
Boss DD3 Delay
Joyo Space Reverb
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss NS-2

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:30pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Noah76 wrote:

Dayum... it's the internet guy. Step away from the computer before you stroke out. :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:33pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

chumbucket wrote:
Red_Label wrote:

Open up a chat window when your coupon code doesn't work and talk to a rep. They will give you another coupon code that overrides the blacklist. If you clicked through Ebates too, that $299 interface becomes about $243 with free shipping and no tax. I scored a Bogner Red for that price the other day. :rock:

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=yJLc548xePPOKz6s9v%2BfVA%3D%3D

I actually did a chat the last time and they told me it didn't qualify, but to call for possible other discounts. I did that, but in the end they couldn't give me any discount. Must be specific to that manufacturer because I've never had problems getting discounts from MF before. But thanks for the Ebates advice. Never tried that.

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Noah76 wrote:
dooredge wrote:
Noah76 wrote:

Holy fucking Hell! Take some meds!

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:40pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Oh the hostility! Where's my hangin' rope... may as well end it now. :confused:

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 9:59pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

I try to source as much as I can locally. In a pinch, I'll use MF....but I'd rather buy from Sweetwater due to the customer service and better shipping times.

Post subject: From Musician's Friend
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:01pm 
Hack

dooredge wrote:
I don't know about any of you all, but I dislike doing business with musiciansfriend.com. Do they offer a ton a decent gear decently priced? Sure do. What about when you actually order that gear; can they ship it the same day the order is received? Apparently not.

I ordered an ENGL Z-4 footswitch on Sunday, Nov18th. You think I might have received it by now wouldn't you? :) Nope. I just yesterday *(11/27) received the shipping confirmation. The only time I shop at musiciansfriend.com is when Sweetwater.com doesn't have what I need. Otherwise I avoid mf.com like the plague. All said and done it's taken 11 days to receive an item that was in-stock! I even paid an upcharge for two-day shipping. Haha, what a joke!

When I order from Sweetwater I get a phone call from a sale representative within an hour of my purchase. 1. Thanking me for my order and 2. Confirming the order and when it will ship. I know you guys experience the same level of service and damn it's refreshing to say the least.

Sweetwater usually ships the same day unless the order is recevied too late in the day. So worst case scenario, I'm looking at 3-5 days tops to receive the product. I kills me that mf.com can't even get something off the shelf in 5 days. This is at least the 3rd time I've experienced this with musiciansfriend.com. It one of the reasons that keeps me from going back and doing business with them on any consistent basis.

I wish Sweetwater had a few more lines of gear available; namely ENGL & ESP/LTD. Who else is out there that has Sweetwater like service?

I'm very sorry that it took us so long to get your order shipped out. It shouldn't have. For the most part, all orders placed before noon eastern will ship the same business day. We even guarantee it (Details here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/shopping-guarantee).

Could I get you to email your order details to forums@musiciansfriend.com? I'd like to take a look and see how we dropped the ball here. Again, I'm sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,
Chris Baker
Night Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 10:33pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Hey Chris, thanks for chiming in - unexpected, but thanks!

Please know what I didn't expect you guys to ship on a Sunday. Having been an internet buyer for years now; I know how it works. I knew there'd be at least 24 hours before I heard anything on the shipping front. Not entirely sure how that dope Noah76 came to the conclusion this was about shipping the pedal out on a Sunday of all days.

No matter, I'll forward the order confirm to you as requested.

Thanks again,
Jerod