Knaggs Steve Stevens Guitar

SFW":p03ritnn said:
Why exactly are so many companies trying to reinvent the Les Paul?
Because there are enough people who want or think they can buy a 'better more expensive kotur Les Paul' and have it sound like...a Les Paul? :confused:
Ahem TGP. cough cough

Of course I'm guilty because I suppose one could say the same thing about boutique strat style guitars.

IntenseJim":2c8r2f7l said:
85850452.jpg
Exactly Intense Jim that's the one!!
Steve-Stevens-01-200beb.jpg

Steve-Stevens-150beb.jpg

Steve-Stevens-200bec.jpg

Steve-Stevens-200kag.jpg

StevieStevens002_jpg_200x.jpg

StevieStevensFLIP_200x.jpg

stevestevensadambomb2.jpg

l_c777e335035a133ee2cfeec40cabcd08.jpg

WashburnSS29.jpg

WashburnSS37.jpg

Here is the Glow Jackson Soloist back in the day!
WashburnSS57.jpg

http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html

Atomic Playboy

Just to note.... I can speak for myself, who owns a Knaggs, and a friend who recommended the Knaggs to me. These guitars are on another planet than PRS, Schecter, or anything the Gibson factory shits out.

...another Knaggs with SS . Not to bang on Knaggs but Steven even make the Squier Hello Kitty guitar look cool.

I would be suprised if Knaggs were that much better than a nice high end PRS. I could be wrong but this smells like cork.

7522630.jpg

101_0272.jpg

carlygtr":1w5yd2xl said:
rupe":1w5yd2xl said:
carlygtr":1w5yd2xl said:
rupe":1w5yd2xl said:
Not digging the SS model...hate that giant headstock. That said, if it plays and sounds great, I'd still rock it.

The Severn on the other hand is one of the cooler new designs that I've seen recently...love it! How about a rundown on it?

My friend from Md, John Bell, a great blues guitarist was endorsing Knaggs. I checked their site and saw pics of this black/ maple severn. At the time they made 2 of them and both went to Germany.
I contacted a dealer and ordered a few months ago.

The one pictured is mine w/ trem and maple pickguard, diamond inlays, flamed maple all over. Check the Knaggs Facebook pages (they have 2) they have lots of pics. They make some outstanding looking guitars

Here's some specs-

Specs: Chesapeake Electric “Severn” (Tier: 2)

Chesapeake Electric “Severn”, Tier 2, color ‘Aged Scotch’ (Photo: Larry Melton)
Description:
•Double cutaway, Flat body, Six on a side, Long scale
Neck:
•Scale length: 25.5”
•Number of frets: 22
•FB radius: 8.5”
•Fret wire: Tall thin
•Neck shape: “61” 1 5/8” to 2 3/16”
•Neck wood: Rock maple
•Fingerboard wood: Rosewood or Curly maple
•Headstock veneer: Ebony or Curly maple
•Fingerboard inlays: Diamonds
•Headstock inlay: Knaggs circle with star
Body:
•Back wood: Alder
•Top wood: Tier 2 Curly maple
•Pick guard: Wenge or maple
Hardware:
•Plating options: nickel, gold
•Tuning pegs: “Kluson type” six on a side
•Nut: bone or Tusq™
•Bridge: Chesapeake (hard tail or Trem)
•Strings: .010’s
Electronics:
•Pickups: 3 single coil or split coil crème or black
•Switches: 5 way toggle,
•Pots: vol, tone, tone

Options:
•Pick guard: Maple Ivorized
•Knaggs Tremolo system
Cool...looking forward to hearing your feedback once its been in your hands for a while. I'm predominantly a single coil user these days and I'm intrigued by this guitar...its unique yet familiar at the same time...an elusive combination.

Will do. Kinda like a cross between a PRS and Strat
So, what's the verdict?

rupe":3i3sm6rw said:
carlygtr":3i3sm6rw said:
carlygtr":3i3sm6rw said:
Not digging the SS model...hate that giant headstock. That said, if it plays and sounds great, I'd still rock it.

The Severn on the other hand is one of the cooler new designs that I've seen recently...love it! How about a rundown on it?

My friend from Md, John Bell, a great blues guitarist was endorsing Knaggs. I checked their site and saw pics of this black/ maple severn. At the time they made 2 of them and both went to Germany.
I contacted a dealer and ordered a few months ago.

The one pictured is mine w/ trem and maple pickguard, diamond inlays, flamed maple all over. Check the Knaggs Facebook pages (they have 2) they have lots of pics. They make some outstanding looking guitars

Here's some specs-

Specs: Chesapeake Electric “Severn” (Tier: 2)

Chesapeake Electric “Severn”, Tier 2, color ‘Aged Scotch’ (Photo: Larry Melton)
Description:
•Double cutaway, Flat body, Six on a side, Long scale
Neck:
•Scale length: 25.5”
•Number of frets: 22
•FB radius: 8.5”
•Fret wire: Tall thin
•Neck shape: “61” 1 5/8” to 2 3/16”
•Neck wood: Rock maple
•Fingerboard wood: Rosewood or Curly maple
•Headstock veneer: Ebony or Curly maple
•Fingerboard inlays: Diamonds
•Headstock inlay: Knaggs circle with star
Body:
•Back wood: Alder
•Top wood: Tier 2 Curly maple
•Pick guard: Wenge or maple
Hardware:
•Plating options: nickel, gold
•Tuning pegs: “Kluson type” six on a side
•Nut: bone or Tusq™
•Bridge: Chesapeake (hard tail or Trem)
•Strings: .010’s
Electronics:
•Pickups: 3 single coil or split coil crème or black
•Switches: 5 way toggle,
•Pots: vol, tone, tone

Options:
•Pick guard: Maple Ivorized
•Knaggs Tremolo system
Cool...looking forward to hearing your feedback once its been in your hands for a while. I'm predominantly a single coil user these days and I'm intrigued by this guitar...its unique yet familiar at the same time...an elusive combination.

Will do. Kinda like a cross between a PRS and Strat
So, what's the verdict?

Awesome guitar. Out of the case one of the finest examples of workmanship of anything that ever passed thru my hands. Sounds like a great Strat. Playability excellent. No issues or anything I don't like about. Only thing I did was get the 10-46 off and put 9-42 on.
One of these days I'll make a video of it

Greg Riley":2f58oowx said:
He also had a Washburn signature with slant HH. I owned a Hamer SS.. it was pretty cool.
Greg all the Washburns had slanted twin humbuckers. The Hamer SS-3 had the slanted bridge HB and a slanted neck single coil.
Here is when I first met SS in 2011, I am the one who doesn't resemble Albert Collins. lost some weight since then. Steve is holding the flamenco CD's I burned for him.
1b991292.jpg

l_f12623fcf5ab9a8bec118d776973061c.gif

Here is a picture of Steve's wife Josie, who is a real sweetheart with Steve's first Washburn, which he still owns. This is the prototype Washburn SS 100 with the Frankenstein poster graphics and the glow in the dark finish:
61129_125923140792971_1259190407933.jpg

Rare picture of SS, with MJ andQJ at the Dirty Diana recording. Bubbles the chimp was there in the studio and Steve said the chimp was wearing the Elizabeth Taylor fragrance "White Diamonds", plus MJ had on his penny loafers, very surreal indeed. Steve laid down about twenty minutes of guitar for the track and Micheal liked the real high notes!
230714_la_zps7337e902.jpg

The Hamer SS-3 called the white/black, there is a black/white which has a reverse headstock that a buddy of mine owns along with the white/black and the natural finished SS 80 called the 'raw' guitar.
I had a replica/tribute Hamer SS-3 built by my ex-Texas buddy Matt Lee Phillips of Bunkman Guitars who now resides in LA. He had an original Centura plus specs and measurements from the real SS-3's so mine is the most accurate of the few copies made of this white elephant bolt on neck Hamer.
Mine has the EB MM EVH asymmetrical neck profile and a maple cap neck with flamed maple for the board, it's an awesome guitar!
6a078815.jpg

HamerSS-3Giger.jpg

WashburnSS28.jpg

Steve showing Jol Danzig, (they aren't best buddies word) how to play a Hamer SS 3 through mega Marshall plexi's:
4773_88594501341_87755361341_199219.jpg

Here is the 'raw' poplar SS80:
WashburnSS10.jpg

WashburnSS8.jpg

With Ritchie Kotzen:
WashburnSS13.jpg

WashburnSS19.jpg

My tribute/replica SS-3 white black as used in the Atomic Playboys and the live Dirty Diana videos:
35607_1808770419020_1232748538_3215.jpg

100_2901.jpg

100_2896-1.jpg

100_2902.jpg

100_2909.jpg

100_2916.jpg

100_2840.jpg

100_2839.jpg

Picture20006-2.jpg

Picture20007-2.jpg

Picture20009-1.jpg

Picture20010-1.jpg

Picture20014-1.jpg

Picture20017-1.jpg

Atomic Playboy

I forgot about the white Hamer. :doh:

Josie...world class assets. Seems adorable in videos too. I'm trying to get passes backstage to Vegas; any leads would be appreciated. My woman loves Idol soo much.

What's the street price on the Knaggs SS? .

Greg Riley":pkdc3469 said:
Thanks for sharing all the pic's "Atomic".. The SS-3 looks amazing :rock:
Thanks Greg! The Hamer is an awesome piece that's for sure.
My two Washburn SS 80's are featured in my tribute/history of the SS Washburn's for the Vintage Washburn web site:

http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html
Here is Steve's first protoype Washburn SS 100 Frankenstein at the 1993 MTV Video Awards, rocks hard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrskcZK5 ... r_embedded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8PQtvY4Zoo
Hamer SS 3 in video action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwa0RAYA ... &index=281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ws_p1o ... &index=361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHREgewR ... &index=702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uoWxa4cUY
Steve playing the SS 3 black/white with his awesome plexi set up in the 'One World' project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK6BaVbN ... &index=928
I have a special Charvel Steve Stevens tribute coming up concentrating on Steve's world famous 1986 Charvel 'Glow' Dinky Strat Head #4790, the one used on Dirty Diana, the Top Gun anthem and the Vince Neil 'Exposed' CD!
Cheers
Dave

MSRP $6000 ---> ~$4500 street price ?

http://www.knaggsguitars.com/index.php/ ... ure-model/

Once all instruments are sold to guitar aficionados and enthusiasts, one lucky winner will be invited for a private guitar lesson. Sales of Steve Stevens’ Signature models will also help MusiCares, a charity Steve has been supporting. “We really wanted to give back some of the proceeds of my Signature guitar and MusiCares immediately came to mind. I’ve personally seen them help so many gifted players change their lives for the better and I was fortunate enough to perform with Billy Idol when MusiCares honored Jerry Cantrell in 2012. They are such an amazing organization”.
IMG_4309_.jpg

IMG_4343_.jpg

Huge Thank you to Dave/Atomic Playboy for all the information about the great Steve Stevens. I read lot of your posts on different guitar forums and saw all the pictures of SS and scans of old magazines interviews you posted online. Really thanks for sharing all this stuff for all of us who love Steve. You're really a #1 SS fan! Cheers from Italy!

Back