Langner Fans?

Super bummed, he was a friend...
Thanks for everything, all the time and tones bro. I can't believe this. God bless you and your family. RIP

Just scored an Elite :rock: woohoo triple score on the mega cheap, man I am SUPER stoked. Has the two pots on the back. Crushing :thumbsup:

Had two back in the day when me and a friend dealt directly with Todd. Paid $400 for each. First one was the Creator, second was the Elite. Build was better on the Elite, sound was better on the Creator. Honestly back then "to me" mind you it was just the DCP-1, and the biggest difference to me was build quality, first one the chassis was a bit on the light side and the face plate was smooth, second had a heftier build, anodized face plate and the gain adjust on the back. The first was, which I guess was the Creator just sound better.

I also bought two modded ADA MP-1's directly through him as well. Todd was a great guy and I certainly wished I had kept some of the stuff. Oh and one other thing Todd turned us onto was Van Zandt humbuckers...again this was years ago. I used those and JB's in all my shred guitars for years.

Edit - forgot I had responded to the original thread.

I was fortunate to make contact with Todd Langer around 1993 in his original shop in Oakland, CA and had him wire up my first guitar rack. He did a minor mod to my MP-1 preamps, offered me his 3TM mod for my ADA MP-1 preamp, and turned down Todd's offer since I wasn't in the know about his 3TM mods or his Marshall amp mods. I just knew he designed the ADA MP-1 preamp and was given a phone number on where to find him. I know my friend, Bob Coons, an awesome jazz/fusion guitarist, still owns his Langner preamp and it kills!

Fortunately, the guys over at the ADA Depot reverse engineered a Langner ADA MP-1 3TM modded preamp and created a better version of his 3TM mod tube circuitboard. I was fortunate enough to scrape the money together and had Bob Metzger (aka Hairston on the ADA Depot) install his 3TM tube circuitboard and fixed all the issues with my MP-1 preamp. I also bought another ADA Depot 3TM mod MP-1 preamp as a spare. I don't own the DCP-1 preamp or a Langer modded Marshall amp head, but I love my ADA Depot 3TM mod MP-1 preamp. It's a shame he quit building/modding amps and passed away a few years ago. Todd was really on to something with his amp mods and amp builds.

Guitar George

Back