HSS wiring - out of phase issue

university81

Just looking for some advice on this

i have a HSS setup

a p90 in the neck
a single coil in the middle
and a p-rail humbucker in the bridge

position 2 is out of phase (bridge + middle pickup) , however all the other positions are fine (bridge+neck , middle, middle+neck / neck)

It's a super switch i'll add hence the bridge+neck combo

what wires should i reverse to make them all in phase as it were? if indeed possible

thanks

What brand? If it's a Duncan, try reversing the green and black wires. If it's a DiMarzio, reverse the green and red.

Code001":3axnclre said:
What brand? If it's a Duncan, try reversing the green and black wires. If it's a DiMarzio, reverse the green and red.

duncan bridge

i just tried reversing the middle pickup wires, now bridge+middle is fine, but middle + neck is out of phase =0 given the combinations i'm not sure there's really a solution

You reverse the wires on the bridge humbucker, not the middle. Now that you switched those wires up, try reversing the black and green wires on the neck.

Code001":3esirini said:
You reverse the wires on the bridge humbucker, not the middle. Now that you switched those wires up, try reversing the black and green wires on the neck.

thanks for the help =0 think my ears were playing tricks on me, just reversed the bridge pickup wiring, all seems good now

:rock:

racerevlon":2mfmfjpc said:
You can also save yourself hassle in this situation by purchasing an RWRP middle pickup.

true, the biggest hassle til now has been unscrewing the pickguard loosening strings etc etc.. , although i've had some pretty good training now =)

i'm somewhat debating the usefulness of the middle single coil, but gives some extra sounds

Back