Creation Audio Labs Mk 4.23 Who has one?

So it looks like the 48v version is called the Mk.4.23 Pro? Is that correct? I can't even find mention of it on their website (which, to be fair, kind of sucks anyway).

I think that is the Pro. They stopped making it(!?)
Bobby here was trying to get a group together to leverage them into making another batch
$50 is a steal!

crankyrayhanky":fce6uj8f said:
I think that is the Pro. They stopped making it(!?)
Bobby here was trying to get a group together to leverage them into making another batch
$50 is a steal!

They had no interest at all in any type of preorder of any number of units. Fucken bastards.

They've stopped making the Holy Fire 48 v too. When I asked why, they said that they just aren't selling, and that everybody wants 9v for ease of use on pedalboards. They were blowing them out recently.

I'm late to know and this seems legit. Since this is a necro bump has there been something better made or is the mk4.23 still the king?

I snagged a Supro boost ona sdotd a few weeks back
I don’t know if it’s king, but it’s a solid clean boost with a 3 way eq setting: Flat, low cut & hi cut
The low cut is good for me; it’s that in between sound- sometimes I love an of clean boost & sometimes I miss the organic amp girth. This supro gives a nice vibe of both

exo-metal":357eklp7 said:
I'm late to know and this seems legit. Since this is a necro bump has there been something better made or is the mk4.23 still the king?

Ive used a mk4.23 9v for 10 years now. I recently acquired a 48v 4.23. Its everything the 9v is and more. Ive recently inquired with CAL about the 48v version and there never to be made again. I was informed that the internal voltage of the 9V was stepped up to match the 48V version in 2014. I didnt know this and anxious to pick upa new 9v 4.23 to compare against the old 48v 4.23

I have one and i like it. My serial is 1670, don't know if is the old or new version.
They should make the mini version of this pedal.

That 423 is such a transparent boost it seemed to work well with any of my amps over the years including bass
But I did enjoy it/use it most at low and medium volume levels in front of the amp. Once you get an amp cranking into the high 90s dbs, there is less need. At lower levels it gives you that amp blasting reactive tone which is way cool.

If you use it in the loop it will pummel your band as a solo boost :rock:

crankyrayhanky":2mvlf36s said:
That 423 is such a transparent boost it seemed to work well with any of my amps over the years including bass
But I did enjoy it/use it most at low and medium volume levels in front of the amp. Once you get an amp cranking into the high 90s dbs, there is less need. At lower levels it gives you that amp blasting reactive tone which is way cool.

If you use it in the loop it will pummel your band as a solo boost :rock:

I must own one now! I'm trying to Think the Heard & just stick with 1 or 2 clean boost & 1 or 2 overdrives.

I currently have 12 or 13 Clean Boost/Overdrives at last count.

wait till Black Friday weekend. That's the one time a year that company offers a discount, I think 10 or 15% off.
I've had a few things from them, redeemer belt pack, 423, mw1- all great stuff, all bought new on Black Friday

crankyrayhanky":13aygmw8 said:
wait till Black Friday weekend. That's the one time a year that company offers a discount, I think 10 or 15% off.
I've had a few things from them, redeemer belt pack, 423, mw1- all great stuff, all bought new on Black Friday

Thank you Sir.

Back