Creation Audio Labs Mk 4.23 Who has one?

I have one I run inmy loop, last thing for volume boost for solos, work fine, as does my Suhr Iso boost, but the 4.23 is supposed to be great in front of the amp for more gain without coloration. Really nice piece though, really jewel like in construction. You'll like it no matter where you use it.

Didn't think I'd find a boost that could beat the Koko Boost. I was wrong Mk 4.23 is more open and transparent.

bobbtoz":tt0rdf3f said:
Didn't think I'd find a boost that could beat the Koko Boost. I was wrong Mk 4.23 is more open and transparent.

I agree. I have both and like the MK 4.23 the better.

hi2nw":1c23tkuo said:
bobbtoz":1c23tkuo said:

I agree. I have both and like the MK 4.23 the better.
Funny you guys should mention the Koko and Mk 4.23. I run my amp at a medium gain for crunch that can get pretty clean, and use the koko for boost. I like to use the Koko as a slight boost for heavier rhythms (like the mid boost), but like it pushed up further for leads. I haven't found the right OD pedal, so I was considering using the Koko for the mild boost (and the mid shaping) and picking up a MK 4.23 to kick up lead tones.

Either of you try that setup?

Had the Mk4.23 9v & the 48v pro, the most transparent clean boosts I've ever used.
All it does is just add more or what's already there which is why placement is important.
The cleaner the signal you feed it the cleaner boost you'll get, I used to run my decimator Gstring to decrease pedal noise and have the mk4.23 to lift the sound at the beginning if the signal chain. Worked great!

Got the 48V Pro model and it _IS_ the best boost, period. Does sooooooooooooo much for your tone. But don't get me started, your questions were who has one and where does it go. I definitely do and it goes IN FRONT.

I find in front it just takes EVERYTHING and makes it MORE. Best pedal in the arsenal. Does the simplest function but what it does for my tone and playability? Incredible. I've got a lot of stomps... This is probably my "magic stomp" out of the bunch.

Seriously epic pedal. No I don't work for CAL.

Lord Toneking":3gb4baoc said:
I have one coming and really don't know what to expect :confused:

Do I run it in the loop or in the front?

I Run mine in the Loop
with Fantastic results, it's
more Prominent there.
Try them both, see which one
suits you best.

I have both their 9v Mk 4.23 and the 48v Holy Fire on my pedalboard running in front.
As I've said before on similar threads, I didn't know what transparent truly was until I got my Mk 4.23.

Inca Roads":1dyt1erk said:
Lord Toneking":1dyt1erk said:
I have one coming and really don't know what to expect :confused:

Do I run it in the loop or in the front?

I Run mine in the Loop
with Fantastic results, it's
more Prominent there.
Try them both, see which one
suits you best.
M'MAN!! :yes:

I run mine in the front- makes the amp so lively!
But if I was playing in a live band, I'm sure the loop would be great for solo time...might need 2 :yes:

Ventura":qd1ckkwx said:
Got the 48V Pro model and it _IS_ the best boost, period. Does sooooooooooooo much for your tone. But don't get me started, your questions were who has one and where does it go. I definitely do and it goes IN FRONT.

I find in front it just takes EVERYTHING and makes it MORE. Best pedal in the arsenal. Does the simplest function but what it does for my tone and playability? Incredible. I've got a lot of stomps... This is probably my "magic stomp" out of the bunch.

Seriously epic pedal. No I don't work for CAL.

Yup. That about sums it up. Other pedals I would put closely behind it are the blue channel of the Xotic BB+ and Jerry's More pedal (Surreal), but with slightly less transparent qualities.

RG955TT":234dxx9u said:
I have one I run inmy loop, last thing for volume boost for solos, work fine, as does my Suhr Iso boost, but the 4.23 is supposed to be great in front of the amp for more gain without coloration. Really nice piece though, really jewel like in construction. You'll like it no matter where you use it.

I do exactly this for solo boosts too..
I'm thinking of getting one for in front too..
Sick pedal!! :rock:

John4021":3bwqaicx said:
Hurry up and hate it so I can buy it from you.
Demo's sound killer.
Using it in real life is sooooooooooooo much better.

I remember the tech talking to me about it - was going off about it like it was some magic pixie dust laden stomp. But I "have come to believe" in that it's a boost - granted - but what it does for fingers, touch sensitivity, tone, robustness, etc. is off the hook. It truly is one of, if not the stomp I'd last get rid of. It's amazing.

I keep my first in the chain and it is on 99% of the time- maybe the occassional clean passages I turn it off, otherwise it is around 9-11 oclock ON!
Congrats!

UPDATE:

Well, I used it at practice last night and I tried it both in the loop and in front

In the loop it was a perfect 'clean' solo boost for soloing. Then I plugged into the front of the amp amd "BAMMM!" Holy crap!! :rock: It made my Quickrod sing like never before. It did alter the tone but didnt take away the character of the amp's voicing...but just made it BETTER :) Hard to discribe, it just gave it 'more'...in a good way! :thumbsup: I left it on pretty much the whole time only turning it off for cleaner stuff. Im VERY impressed. Probably one of my best gear purchases :yes: It took a dry and tight amp and gave it a more squishy more forgiving feel without losing its tight focus and attack...and its QUIET too! :)

One other thing for guys that have this pedal. That damn LED is like a freakin' LASER BEAM!! :shocked:

Holy crap is that sucker bright!! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks SteveK! This will not leave my board :thumbsup:

Back