Amp stand for a combo and small rack

kiff

Looks like I'll be gigging again soon, but I'm going to use a smaller rig. I'm older and tired of lugging around a 1/2 stack with a ton of cables, etc... when most ppl can't tell the difference anyways. So, my new "B rig" (actually C rig), is a valvestate VSR100 combo and a digitech gsp1101.

I want to get an angled stand to put the combo on and a 3 space rack for the 1101 on top of the combo, but how do I keep it from sliding off? None of the ones I've seen on ebay or MF look like they'd prevent that.

DV016_Jpg_Large_451065.001_black_with_amp_R.jpg

p2104.jpg

So as far as a stand goes....the ones like you pictured above never grabbed me; they always seemed really unstable, so I snagged one of these for combo amps:

http://www.ampendage.com/

Light, well built, pretty small as far as a footprint goes.....as far as the rack sliding off, could you drill a couple holes in the top and fix a piece of Lexan in place to hold the rack? Or grab a telescoping handle off a piece of luggage and affix that to the back; would slide down when not in use.

Sorry, ghetto ideas abound over here. :D

those stands look really nice, actually, too bad they don't fold up though.

yea, I've been thinking about how to ghetto it, maybe a long s bracket that locks to the front lip of the amp or something. just hoping there's something made for this :/

The stand in the first picture looks like the $20 Musician's Friend stand. I have two of them and they work very well. I have never had any concerns over the stability and the price is certainly fair. The only complaint is that one of the spring-loaded adjusters broke on one of my stands; but that was caused by the stand bouncing around in the trailer, not from normal use. I give them a :thumbsup:

Back