Geek Pulse from Light Harmonic

alpha215

Hi guys,

Long time luker, first time poster. I cam over this product and think it's interesting for their size and price, so I want to share it with you for the music

Geek Pulse is a high-definition DAC and 3W headphone amplifier, and DS+ 32 bit DAC decode capabilities

They are now in fund raising that you can make your contribution in return for a Geek Pulse (at discount price) here

Geek Blue - A Bluetooth Stage that is Rad
Geek Blue is a Bluetooth 4.0 stage so you can stream your music right from your Android, iDevice, or other Bluetooth-enabled device to Geek Pulse.

Prototype images
geek_pulse_sound_room.jpg

geek_pulse_back_panel.jpg

Updated Features:
Removed decorative "V" on the front panel.
Changed from a glossy acrylic front panel to metal.
A large volume control knob with digital encoder sending to digital volume control - 64bit.
Controls both headphone and line out.
Informative LED's to the front panel to display sample rates, etc.
Gain switch, three positions: High (3W) Medium (1W) Low(100mW).
Headphone Mute
The headphone output and the line output will have discrete analog circuits.

In development (and continually taking other suggestions:)
Balanced output version of Geek Pulse (dual-mono ESS9018K2M) - soon.

Disclaimer: I don't have any financial interest in to this product. Just here for the music.

Would have been perfectly fine had he come along and stated his intent and purpose.

But trying to spin it like it's some kinda "honest first time post, long time lurker"?? Dude, so fail.

That's is the only 2 sentences that I actually wrote in that post.
The rest of it, I copy from headfi, so it's actually that I am not selling anything.
Besides, for this $400, this is the only place that we can get a desktop (Geek Pulse) and a portable dac (Geek Out) amp combo with that kind of power, utilieis, and a Sabre chip. So I think it's a good deal that I want to share with others.

Most everyone here would prefer to have flat response monitors and/or a set of monitors for music playback.

Itt seems to be more applicable to someone who is into gaming, poor headphones, or a shitty DAC of a soundcard. Hell for that matter, the product wants people purchase based on the use of the words "awesomefier technology". You would be hard pressed to sell that on this forum using that terminology. Seems like a load of BS.

glpg80":3t4d4mne said:
Most everyone here would prefer to have flat response monitors and/or a set of monitors for music playback.

Itt seems to be more applicable to someone who is into gaming, poor headphones, or a shitty DAC of a soundcard. Hell for that matter, the product wants people purchase based on the use of the words "awesomefier technology". You would be hard pressed to sell that on this forum using that terminology. Seems like a load of BS.
true, I am not saying that everyone should buy it. I listen to music on the go with my laptop a lot, and want to replace my DragonFly. During the search, I found this and though it's a great product and wanted share with everyone.
I will remove the features in the first so that you guys come and discover the product yourself.

They added Geek Pulse X to the campaign - a fully balanced version of Geek Pulse!

What is Geek Pulse X?

Geek Pulse X is a balanced version of Geek Pulse. The differences between the two on the outside are easy to spot. On the front panel, instead of a standard 1/4” stereo headphone jack, you’ll find a 4-pin balanced output. On the back panel, you’ll find two XLR outputs, one AES digital input, one RCA digital input, and one TOSLINK input. But these external differences only scratch the surface of the design change inside.

In order to accomplish a true balanced design, we have to nearly double the internal components, including the DAC IC and the analog signal amplifiers. This means that Geek Pulse X uses a dual mono (sometimes called “mono-mono") design. There are other internal component upgrades as well. Geek Pulse X will employ Nichicon Muse capacitors in the decoupling stage, and the analog stage will feature a dual mono, high-bias class A module with high-precision, non inductive Caddock resistors. This is all geek-speak for “this sucker’s bad to the bone.”

Should I Choose Geek Pulse or Geek Pulse X?
Well, my friend, that’s up to you. But here’s what I’d consider:

Do you have balanced headphones?
Do you prefer to interconnect your components with balanced cables?
Do you like AES better than SPDIF to connect your digital components to your DAC?

balanced_outputs.png

Source

Sad that's I wont order the Geek Pulse, because I dont have balance headphone and there is no extra power to the output, but the dual dac should make the sound better, I assume.

alpha215":140bj4bw said:
They added Geek Pulse X to the campaign - a fully balanced version of Geek Pulse!

What is Geek Pulse X?
What amps are you driving? Are you a Lester or a Strat kind guy? :student:

alpha215":2uhak7x0 said:
I copy it from their website since it's a definition in their own word. It should have put in quote box.
Rosewood or ebony? Actives or passives? Boutique low capacitance cables or Planet Waves? Stomps or rack?

alpha215":kt06gmjj said:
I copy it from their website since it's a definition in their own word. It should have put in quote box.

You prefer EL34 or 6L6? Does tag know tone? You get your Cameron yet?

Back