EVh 5150 iii 100 watt mods on blue channel?

thanks for replying guys, to the 2 that have done it, no issues when changing to channel 2 meaning a loud thud? reason i ask is cuz when i did this to my first amp it made a huge thud when switching the blue channel, i had it repaired then I removed r26 and it did the same thing.

no loud thuds here. i did the //r25 only. almost double the gain on ch2.
this also increased the gain in ch1 so i removed r55 and replaced it with a 10k. clean is now super clean and does not start to break up until the gain is half or better. sounds fr*ckn awesome.

i did not know about r26 removal, so i did not do it.

Tahoebrian5":2skdib75 said:
Removed R26 on my 5150iii 100w. Where ch2 was lacking gain when dimed, now it's perfect with gain dialed at 3:30. Dialing gain at 2:00 sounds just like dimed before the mod. I don't see any downside to this and is easily reversible. If you want to try it just desolder and pull one side of the resistor. No need to mess with R25, plenty of more gain just modding r26

I'm interested in doing this. I have the 100w, 50w and 100s, but am probably sticking with the 100w and flipping the other two. I just don't hear $1000 worth of difference between the 100w and 100s. Just tonight I started thinking the blue on the 100w wasn't hot enough when dimed. Any longterm side effects removing R26?

FWIW, I put a 12AU7 in the V1 slot in my 100s and it really shaved off the gain I didn't want. But I want a tad more than the 100w has.

Back