How is the EVH 2x12 cabinet??

people never use it because of the coloring, honestly that's why i won't use it live either haha, but the Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 sounds amazing. you can get them cheap, they have Celestion Elite 80 speakers in them and it can be sealed or vented, how could you ask for more versatility at a cheap price. i think i got mine for $499

I have two of the EVH 2x12's as well as two Mesa 2x12's. The EVH sounds better with the EVH 50 watt head in direct comparison. I have yet to compare the two using another amp.

JustinG60":2lwzuao1 said:
people never use it because of the coloring, honestly that's why i won't use it live either haha, but the Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 sounds amazing. you can get them cheap, they have Celestion Elite 80 speakers in them and it can be sealed or vented, how could you ask for more versatility at a cheap price. i think i got mine for $499

the EVH 212 is 499 new with better/more expensive speakers...so I'm not sure how the tour master is a better deal?

ejecta":3m2hrm9a said:
I've owned the Bogner OS 2x12, a J Design 2x12, and a couple of Avatar 2x12's and the EVH is one of the best I've owned especially matched with the EVH 50 watt head.

Agreed.... and mine has a very nice build quality. Solid, transports well and sounds damn good paired with the 5153... I haven't tried it with any other amps but I dig it with my 100 watt 5153.

I don`t like mine. The cab is very well built but sounds harsh and thin. The low end is there but doesn`t sound right to the point that I end up using a cheap Bugera cab that sounds so much better. I also have the 1x12 EVH cab and it sounds better than the 2x12 I don`t know why?????????????????? I compare them side by side and the 2x12 EVH is the worst.

EVHpickdust":3pves2ds said:
lowmantotempole":3pves2ds said:
The 2x12 doesn't have the EVH speakers right?

It has the Celestion G12H 30W Anniversary Series, the combo has the Greenback Re-Issues in it. I think each EVH head sounds best with the cabinet that it comes with.

The 2x12 isn't cheaply made either. It's made form 7-Ply 5/8" Birch Plywood.

You sir are correct. All EVH amps sound best with the speaker cabinet designed for them.

My 5150 III 2x12 combo sounded a little thin when new. After the speakers broke in it sounds great! Which sounds like the main complaint. Speakers need to break in. Q/C is usually very good with EVH. I'm suprised to hear about damaged cabs out of the box.

Okay. Haven't played one. But I have seen live. Saw a band from LA with the guitarist having one. Played a Crate Stealth through it and sounded great for their power metal style. I thought of getting one for my stealth, but didn't want the hassle of flipping the speakers. So I scored a bogner 2x12 instead.

Back