best volume pedal?

lettmusic

I only know the Ernie Ball ones that I used in the past. Are the 250k mono the ones to go? I want one that would be least intrusive to my signal chain, least altering to my tone.
Appreciate any recomendation, thanks.

iplayloudly":efnn224x said:
The Traveller":efnn224x said:
I was recommended this one by the guys on here. I'm very happy with it. The best volume pedal I have used.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VisualVolume/

Never seen this but it looks interesting. How is it for slow volume swells? I see it has 10 lights... does it just have 10 volume settings? Like on a slow swell, do you hear it "step up" 10 times, or is it a smooth rise?

Its a smooth taper, you don't hear any steps. The LEDs just help give you an idea where you are. I use mine for volume swells for P&W all the time.

Dang this is an old thread but I just bought my Hilton Pro Volume Pedal.
I replaced an EB VPJR pedal that lasted less than a year of gigging weekly. The Hilton is by far the best built pedal available period. It is bullet proof but also very light. Best part about it is there are no moving parts inside. No pots no strings or tapes.
Something to consider is you cannot find a used one for sale, that means people buy them, keep them, and never replace them.
I read a review about someone that has had one for like 8 years.
If your needing something to practice with in the house or gigging maybe a few times a year than its probably not worth the money, but if you are constantly playing and don't have time to keep rebuilding your VP this is the best choice hands down.
There is also no tone loss that I can detect.

I do not believe this should be your first VP though. Keep things in perspective, will you make your money back. a new Hilton Pro will cost you 319.00.
I was spending 110.00 almost every 9-12 months replacing the old EB VP, (I did use a Boss VP for a short while but it also broke).
Like I said the Hilton Pro can last you years.
I will have made my money back in three years. Makes the 319 worth it to me.

mstehn":2m23eflb said:
Dang this is an old thread but I just bought my Hilton Pro Volume Pedal.
I replaced an EB VPJR pedal that lasted less than a year of gigging weekly. The Hilton is by far the best built pedal available period. It is bullet proof but also very light. Best part about it is there are no moving parts inside. No pots no strings or tapes.
Something to consider is you cannot find a used one for sale, that means people buy them, keep them, and never replace them.
I read a review about someone that has had one for like 8 years.
If your needing something to practice with in the house or gigging maybe a few times a year than its probably not worth the money, but if you are constantly playing and don't have time to keep rebuilding your VP this is the best choice hands down.
There is also no tone loss that I can detect.

I do not believe this should be your first VP though. Keep things in perspective, will you make your money back. a new Hilton Pro will cost you 319.00.
I was spending 110.00 almost every 9-12 months replacing the old EB VP, (I did use a Boss VP for a short while but it also broke).
Like I said the Hilton Pro can last you years.
I will have made my money back in three years. Makes the 319 worth it to me.

-just curious what was breaking on the EB Volume pedals-(besides the obvious string & spring's)-???

Back