Friedman be 100 , fantastic except one thing .

Well by now maybe y'all heard the BE50 Deluxe has a master on the HBE channel, along with a gain control for HBE as well...I guess there will eventually also be a BE100 deluxe from what we've heard.

Many had previously added a master to the HBE, without a seperate gain for HBE....that's what I did for my BE100..and it's a killer feature for sure. That said, it seems many amps have "boosts" with a preset amount of volume bump which really just comes as a result of added fatness from the boost....and it's never really enough bump for your solos to be heard over a drummer/band...so the idea putting something in the loop to kick it up is used by many and seems to work well....on some amps I have I use an MXR 10 Band EQ and this works very well for a controllable volume bump for solos.

uglyfuzzface":3kgzu8m0 said:
Yes the loop is an option , but I always use delays etc so not an option for me . Let me know how you find It live and cranked
I had the same concern. The eventide h9 has a db boost of +12 and some killer delays. I had Dave mod an extra MV on my HBE channel. It was fairly inexpensive considering the amps cost. To be honest i liked the amp as much just boosting with the H9 as it was pretty simple of course that is with a controller to switch presets on the eventide and switching to the hbe simultaneously. I am sure you have considered all this, hope this helps.
I would add 4dbs on the preset and switch from be to hbe channel with basicly the same dealy, maybe a few more repeats or a touch more mix. It was a great boost and no tone suck.

I use a boss ge-7 in the loop of any of my amps that doesnt have a second master. Works great in my Marshalls, xtc, and runt 50. Leave the sliders flat, but run the level up until it boosts where you want it. No tone difference at all just louder. Works well with delays in the loop too.

Marshall Freak":1ayjmvj6 said:
I use a boss ge-7 in the loop of any of my amps that doesnt have a second master. Works great in my Marshalls, xtc, and runt 50. Leave the sliders flat, but run the level up until it boosts where you want it. No tone difference at all just louder. Works well with delays in the loop too.

THIS!

philb":1tz59lkt said:
uglyfuzzface":1tz59lkt said:
Yes the loop is an option , but I always use delays etc so not an option for me . Let me know how you find It live and cranked

Will do. I will also use a Torpedo Live for FOH instead of micing.

Been using the same amp for over 4 years. No desire to change anything.
It works fantastic.

No GAS for me anymore. Thanks Dave for the best amp

Back