Friedman be 100 , fantastic except one thing .

uglyfuzzface

Was talking with some musicians on my local music forum and we were discussing my new purchase of the Be100 , I live in the uk and the price on these heads are mental , I never spent so much on an amplifier .
One thing someone mentioned was how come this amp doesn't come with a 2nd master volume for the boost . I had to agree with them on that , so was wondering why one hadn't been installed ? .
Awesome amp though , love it .

uglyfuzzface":1bv60rru said:
Was talking with some musicians on my local music forum and we were discussing my new purchase of the Be100 , I live in the uk and the price on these heads are mental , I never spent so much on an amplifier .
One thing someone mentioned was how come this amp doesn't come with a 2nd master volume for the boost . I had to agree with them on that , so was wondering why one hadn't been installed ? .

Excellent question. I use the loop level as a poor man's second master. It works well for my needs but would certainly like having a real second master.

Love the amp as well. I'm going to try mine live the first time friday.

Yes the loop is an option , but I always use delays etc so not an option for me . Let me know how you find It live and cranked

uglyfuzzface":kvuk72a5 said:
Yes the loop is an option , but I always use delays etc so not an option for me . Let me know how you find It live and cranked

Will do. I will also use a Torpedo Live for FOH instead of micing.

I have a 16 ohm cab and I run the amp at 16 ohm even though the Torpedo calls for 8 ohms.

uglyfuzzface":33qsf44z said:

Congrats on the purchase Mark :thumbsup:

I have one too, and it's probably one of the best amps I've ever owned.. :rock:

uglyfuzzface":ovr93j4h said:
Hey Darren , good to hear from you again .

You too..It's been a while..

Hope you and the family are well... :thumbsup:

Had my Friedman about 2 weeks now and it was a great purchase..Mine is the slightly older version with separate inputs for the BE & HBE, but it was sent back to Dave to make it foot switchable between the 2.
So now the old BE input is now blocked..So much better than plugging into separate inputs.

BE channel with C45 engaged and neck single coil is stunning...

What speakers are you running it through?

I wish it had a switchable 2nd master and or a switchable loop, great amp tho but for me that made gigging with another guitarist difficult when it came time for a solo boost,

Yer well it needed to be awesome to make me part with this amount of cash , only got two 4x12 left ,ones the celestion black backs 55hrtz and the other was the one I kept in the band van , jcm800 cab with I think g1275 . I sold the bogner cab cos I didn't dare take it out on the road and get scratched etc , wish I kept it now .

I had mine modded with a second master for hbe channel. alternatively you can use an mxr boost line driver in the loop, which i use for a volume increase.

Great amps and the best thing ive played my amp flipping days are over!

I was just wondering If it was designed not to have one because of tone or circuitry . For a £3000 pound amp,
my friends would laugh at me having to boost it my self through the loop .

se7en":27oj4rvz said:
I'm pretty sure Dave said a 2nd master was a tone suck.
The second master has no affect on the tone. On my BE modded Marshall I have a separate gain on the second MV and am able to kick in the Sat on either MV1, MV2, or both if I want. Very cool. :thumbsup:

uglyfuzzface":1ymxpwtl said:
If that's the case then fair enough

Yeah. I think he said some people just have to have it and he'll do it if you request it, but it sucks tone so isn't a standard feature.

uglyfuzzface":2zrk02us said:
I was just wondering If it was designed not to have one because of tone or circuitry . For a £3000 pound amp,
my friends would laugh at me having to boost it my self through the loop .

They would laugh? The loop is a great wya to boost the volume. And, a hell of a lot cheaper than a second master.

se7en":3evmolcj said:
uglyfuzzface":3evmolcj said:
If that's the case then fair enough

Yeah. I think he said some people just have to have it and he'll do it if you request it, but it sucks tone so isn't a standard feature.
I can't see any reason why that would be the case.

Steve

Back