Do you own the best guitar you have ever played/seen... pic?

mystixboi

So I was thinking about it this morning... I absolutely love my MM Liii... it plays amazingly well and sounds fantastic!!! I honestly believe that the LIII is one of the BEST production guitars ever made... not only is it my favorite MM guitar, it's my favorite guitar ever. here's a pic:

FF4895E3-145F-4FF1-8CCF-76DC748BE1DA.jpg

How about you? What is the best guitar you have ever seen/played? Post a pic and say why it's the best!!!

There are many types of guitars. I've played amazing Tele's, Les Paul's, Strats, Gretsch, PRS......etc.
They're all a little different. Hard to say one is better than the other.

However, what works for me are Stratocasters. Ive played many, old and new, and my #1 is my favorite. Electronics are all modified, locking tuners and it is like home. I know how to manipulate it to do what I need it to do to create music. It ALWAYS sounds great.

I do own the best guitar I have ever played or seen....so much so, I have it x 4: Suhr Moderns w/ the .800-.850 neck carve, 1.65" neck width, and 16" radius (except for the Satin that has a 14" radius), Jumbo SS frets....all with different woods and pickups. I love them all equally. But, I'll just post a pic of my basswood Modern here.

Tone Zone":1lp1wdxi said:
I do own the best guitar I have ever played or seen....so much so, I have it x 4: Suhr Moderns w/ the .800-.850 neck carve, 1.65" neck width, and 16" radius (except for the Satin that has a 14" radius), Jumbo SS frets....all with different woods and pickups. I love them all equally. But, I'll just post a pic of my basswood Modern here.

Not many Suhr's are beautiful IMO. But that one really is.

Unfortunately not.

I've played some cool ones but I've never had that moment where I've really connected with a guitar. I'm hoping that it happens soon.

No. Unfortunately.

The best guitars I have every SEEN as far as looks go, are some super classy PRS models, a few Hufschmid guitars, and possibly some others I can't remember at the moment. The best guitar I have ever PLAYED has been an old, beat up Gibson Custom Shop Tom Murphy LP Standard. I should have bought that guitar. Also, a Gadow model of some sort that I played years ago.

But my '84 Custom is close. It plays quite well and sounds good. But that Tom Murphy LP was insanely awesome.

I do.
My 1991 Strat Plus Dlx and my Schecter C1-Classic.
Great chimey jangle single pup tone from the Strat, and fantastic thick and rich HB tone from the Schecter.

There is one guitar I'm still looking to get cause I love it's tone the Gibson ES335.
I really like the figured maple top models, but it adds about $700 over the cost of my next favorite the stain cherry ES335.

One of the most beautiful guitars I've seen is a 2013 LP Standard plus top in desert burst.
I actually did buy it. Tone was fantastic. But I couldn't meld with it at all, didn't feel right like I was fighting with it.
Found out I'm not an LP player.
Still gorgeous guitars though and great tones too.

I think so...its why I own them. Sure I have seen pictures of beautiful guitars prettier than mine but haven't played them or heard them. I've also played some beautiful guitars that did nothing for me in the feel and tone department. Looks are important but for me its feel, the neck, the natural resonance and sustain (unplugged first) that matter the most to me.

1911914_10202523388861454_1211355563_n.jpg

225817_10200763139176312_1820052748_n.jpg

1011279_10202524453368066_1089544145_n.jpg

how the look today

10600494_10203688217821450_6604999025802389391_n.jpg

All of my super strats...GMW and parts monsters kick ass
http://www.shawnlutz.com/myguitars.htm

I could weed it down to 6-8 guitars and be completely happy with tone and playability.

Well not the BEST guitar I have ever seen but I finally own a guitar that I have been after for nearly a decade so I am pretty stoked. Now, if I can buy a PGM 300 or 301, I will be finished.

Yup.....own/owned 4 of them. LP, partscaster, Loomis for a 7 and an Ibanez Meshuggah sig for an 8.

DSC_2535 by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

Friend built this for me to my specs....super fat neck, ebony board, gold MOP inlays, black binding on body and neck with fret nibs, Sigil pickups, Sperzel locking tuners, Graphtech nut and TonePros locking bridge. It's gone up against many Gibsons and older MIJ LPs and killed them all. The neck is perfect, the board is perfect, the tone is perfect.....sounds exactly like a LP should in any given situation.

Mutt by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

This really shouldn't have played as well as it did....Warmoth neck, random strat body off of eBay, BKP Painkiller and a Hipshot bridge. Was't digging it for a minute and then threw it into drop C and it came alive. Sold it to a friend that REALLY loved it and he still has it with instructions to send it back if he ever needs to sell it.

Loom15 by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

Out of many 7s, this thing is unbelievable...the swamp ash body and the EMG 57/66s combined with the maple neck and board made this a chug machine. 10-52s with a 70 for the low B tightened everything up and the 26.5 scale made it uber comfortable to play. Gave this to a bro that is a Loomis worshipper and couldn't afford one for himself. Made his year and was totally worth it.

image by Steinmetzify, on Flickr

I've played many 8s and there was always something off about them....the scales, the string gauges, etc....Until I found this one and had to have it, because it's the only 8 that's worked for me. This is a 29.4 in scale with 10-54s + a 64 + an 80. The chunk this thing possesses has to be felt to be believed....there is none more chuggy. The cleans are unreal due to the scale and the whole guitar sustains forever.....I've had to cut off riffs because this guitar won't do it, it'll just keep going on forever, with the whole thing just vibrating like mad under your hands. Definitely a worthy buy....if you need a cheap 8, this is the one to get. If you want a guitar just to chug on, try this one. You won't believe it even as you're playing it....and the clarity under gain from the Lundgren is unrivaled. UNRIVALED, I say. There is no pickup I'd rather have in this guitar.....they really made it perfect for this one.

Back