digitech drop

wIsEbLooD

this looks cool anyone have one?

Attachments

• DigiTech-Drop_WEB.jpg
    DigiTech-Drop_WEB.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,564
Wasn't aware of it till this thread. Looks pretty cool and the sweetwater reviews are good.

Just got one last week and tested it out at band practise on Saturday. Retains tone better than the Morpheus droptune it replaced. Great for the first 3 to 4 drops in tuning then gets sort of warbly. I only need it for half step and it works perfect for that. Hopefully it lasts longer than the 3 years I got out of my Morpheus before it died!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone else have any experience with this pedal? Looking to get one to drop my pitch a whole step. My Morpheus is collecting dust. Plus this is much smaller.

Yup! I've had one since last year. Still on my board and still really love it! With any type of pedal that does the polyphonic shifting, you will get some slight change in tone as you go lower.

Out of all of them that I have used, this is the best one. It's a permanent resident on my board.

Had one and it works as advertised, especially - as mentioned - within the first few drops. Works well on bass, too. All things considered, tone was good when activated. As with almost everything I have, bought it to play with a fizzled band, then sold it locally. Was advertised here for a while, too, with no interest.

victim5150":222i081a said:
Do you notice much change in tone just dropping a 1/2 or whole step?

It is really not bad at all, especially if you are playing with a higher gain amp. As you get lower, the artifact increases. So much easier than switching guitars or tuning and no one in the audience can tell the difference!

Ive had one for about a year and agree with the above posts. It works very well with the first two or three drops. I only use it for 1/2 step so its great. It doesnt destroy alot of you tone dynamics like the Morpheus. I took that back in two days. By itself you can hear a bit of a synthetic tone but I really doubt it would be noticable in a band mix. I dont think I would record with it.

PBGas":vi43uxrm said:
victim5150":vi43uxrm said:
Do you notice much change in tone just dropping a 1/2 or whole step?

It is really not bad at all, especially if you are playing with a higher gain amp. As you get lower, the artifact increases. So much easier than switching guitars or tuning and no one in the audience can tell the difference!
I REALLY wish this pedal was around when I was gigging heavily a few years ago. I was carrying 5 friggin guitars to every show. It was stupid.

I've had one for close to a year. It replaced my Morpheus as well. I'm in agreement with the statements made here. I do 1/2 step and whole step drops. Play in an 80's hard rock/metal cover band. Play through a Splawn or an EVH 5153. Works great with minimal changes to the tone. Especially at higher volumes... It's really not noticeable.
Makes life a whole lot easier for me.

OK cool. Thank you guys for your input. In my Ozzy tribute we stay tuned down a 1/2 step for everything already but a few Sabbath tunes like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Into the Void and Children of the Grave are tuned down another whole step. I'm already bringing a Tony guitar, a Randy guitar, a Jake guitar and a Zakk guitar. Plus I have to bring an extra guitar for Shot in the Dark when we do it cause the E and A strings are tuned up a whole step. Don't like having to bring another guitar tuned down to C#. Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this.

Yeah I have the Drop pedal and it is really good. I've used it to go down a 1/2 step, whole step and 2 whole steps and the tracking is really good. Any lower than 2 whole steps though, and latency will be an issue.

I just bought one some days ago and already tracked bass for an EP with it, 4 half-steps down with no issues. I love it! Did a short demo of it used on guitars and bass in the context of an "instant made" mix:

Necro bump. Anyone using this keeping guitar at E STD going down to D or C std? Is it legit, doesn’t go sharp or flat? Tone suck? I’m tired of buying so many different size strings. Thanks

I have one. I only use it for half and whole step changes, and it works perfectly. I can feel the difference onstage, but out front it never fails.

Back