Who here has an ESP Horizon? lets see pics!!!

Has this one years ago that I made into a project.

Started like this

IM001272-1.jpg

IM001271-1.jpg

To this

horizonfill.jpg

whiteguitar.jpg

And finished

P3140002.jpg

P3140003.jpg

P3140001.jpg

I have not seen it since I sold it 10 years ago.

Incoming NGD,should be here friday. Another Orignal series Horizon. This one is from the first year they were available outside Japan(2013 i think) so its still Japan spec. With the ESP custom shop pups. I like the top on this one more than my other one.

I have an NT II from 2011...grabbed it dirt cheap, as it was a NAMM floor model and I was working at a music store...ESP Rep hooked me up. One of my absolute go-to guitars (my cheaper LTD H-351 is still one that I regularly go-to, as well).
Definitely in search of another one if I can find it at a good price again.
I will post some photos of mine later!

danyeo":3qq78iw9 said:
How do the Horizon necks feel compared to something like a Charvel? Is it wide and flat like the typical Charvel?
No, it's more Les Paul like, on the thinner side. But beefier than a Charvel neck.

2011 Standard Series NT-II. I got it from a member here. Had a couple of minor flaws but the price was stupid so I had to snag it up and I am glad I did.

Nicest guitar I have owned. It just plays so nice and sounds great. I actually think it was from a limited run that Brad had in 2011. Where the quilt was also like a burst.

Speeddemon":26n8qbkg said:
danyeo":26n8qbkg said:
How do the Horizon necks feel compared to something like a Charvel? Is it wide and flat like the typical Charvel?
No, it's more Les Paul like, on the thinner side. But beefier than a Charvel neck.

Didn't realize this was a necro bump but I agree with this statement.

Thicker than Charvel/Ibanez, slimmer than Les Paul. However I do find them very comfortable. I used to love my Wizard neck, I still do but now I see how that is almost too thin and flat.

Just my opinion. I would not mind if the ESP neck was slightly thinner and flatter (maybe a 14" radius and very slightly thinner) but it is nice for me.

IMG_0327_zps4u2dre7z.jpg

Love this guitar. Just wish it was les Paul scale and 22 frets. Have realized I'm not a super strat guy anymore.

maddnotez":1gzrn4od said:
Speeddemon":1gzrn4od said:
danyeo":1gzrn4od said:

Didn't realize this was a necro bump but I agree with this statement.

Thicker than Charvel/Ibanez, slimmer than Les Paul. However I do find them very comfortable. I used to love my Wizard neck, I still do but now I see how that is almost too thin and flat.

Just my opinion. I would not mind if the ESP neck was slightly thinner and flatter (maybe a 14" radius and very slightly thinner) but it is nice for me.
I agree with your elaboration also. :thumbsup:

Thinking back, the thinnest, fastest neck I've ever played on was some Jackson Dinky series in the late 90's. But that guitar had very little tone to it.
Right now Wizard II necks are almost to thin for me as well...and the wide D shape feels not as good as a C shape. All minor differences but they're there.

@scary groove; BEAUTIFUL thing! I love amber/orange colored guitars with black hardware. :rock:

mchn13":150qbf57 said:
IMG_0327_zps4u2dre7z.jpg

Love this guitar. Just wish it was les Paul scale and 22 frets. Have realized I'm not a super strat guy anymore.
I just picked up it's LTD counterpart. It's my first Super Strat and it's been an adjustment. I like the neck and sound though so I'm happy.

D-Rock":m9lt2tr5 said:
mchn13":m9lt2tr5 said:
IMG_0327_zps4u2dre7z.jpg

I just picked up it's LTD counterpart. It's my first Super Strat and it's been an adjustment. I like the neck and sound though so I'm happy.

That's awesome! I really liked this guitar, but just sold it due to 24 frets and scale.

The Blue NTII was my first ever ESP. Custom ordered it in a lefty, took 7 months. I never should have sold it. The black one I partially traded and then got back and then sold. Yes, I'm an idiot.

I have owned 2 LTD Elite Horizon IIIs, which were MIJ and replaced the ESP Standard series. They were both incredible guitars, and I sorta wish I still had them.

0JqKObM.jpg

Back