Who here has an ESP Horizon? lets see pics!!!

Probably my favorite looking superstrat of all time.
Had a DBSB Horizon NTII. Loved it. I remember owning a PRS Hollowbody at the same time and side by side, I struggled to understand how one was half the price of the other. They're really well made guitars with amazing maple tops to boot.
Much prefer the old pointy headstock aswell. I don't know why they changed it. I guess it was so sharp & pointy that either people got seriously hurt or it rarely survived the first knock. I gigged with mine for 5 years and the point was immaculate. It's rare to find a used one where the point hasn't been damaged in some way.

I guess you don't buy a guitar like that to play the blues, but after playing guitars with more mojo, started to find the ESP a bit sterile in comparison.

I've had a couple, this is the one I currently have, and it really is a killer player. Neck is comfy, tone is great, just an all-round cool axe.

esp1.jpg

I've got an original series Horizon. Its the best guitar I've had so far. Beat out my PRS' in terms of quality and tone so now the Pauls are gone. Expensive but the Original series are limited production pieces built by the custom shop. I'll have one of the USA hardballs incoming shortly.

I had an older lefty. It was a good guitar. Kicking myself for selling it. Very solid and I get it for like 400.00

I had three, the only thing that I didn't like was that it get don't have belly cut or arm cut upfront (Fender like). No problem playing when it's hanging, sitting down I noticed it a lot. ESP M shape is much more comfortable to me because of that reason. Great guitars, other than that.

Blue_guits.jpg

Had an NT-II. It was a nice guitar. Felt as good as every ESP Standard I've ever played. Neck wasn't as thin as an M-II, more like an Eclipse, which has a bit more meat to it.

I ended up selling it because I could never get it to sound how I had hoped it would. I have an LTD Horizon with the same pickup combo, but it must have been made of alder, because it sounded just massive. I could never get that out of the ESP, it always felt "under powered," and I had enough other guitars that I didn't bother trying other pickups with it.

I have these two, great guitars.

20150922_135344_zpsk31tsgg2.jpg

27 fret horizon. The fret board is scalloped on the upper frets.

fr7_zps626edf5c.jpg

Horizon 7 string.

If you play mostly metal, they are great. Plays so easy.

Rock Bodom":3irf90in said:
I've had a couple, this is the one I currently have, and it really is a killer player. Neck is comfy, tone is great, just an all-round cool axe.

esp1.jpg

that thing is sweet!!

lessthan12":2oajh31z said:
I've got an original series Horizon. Its the best guitar I've had so far. Beat out my PRS' in terms of quality and tone so now the Pauls are gone. Expensive but the Original series are limited production pieces built by the custom shop. I'll have one of the USA hardballs incoming shortly.

AMAZING!!

This is a custom shop one off. Ash,quarter sawn maple,ebony. Hammett kh2 neck profile. Dunlop 3105 frets. Got it before the prices went crazy. Took ten months to receive. Is the first custom I ever ordered. I now have this, two master built jacksons, bc rich handcrafted warlock arch top occult themed inlays by Ron thorn and graphics, and dean bumble V. All custom shop.

I love the weight and neck on the ESP's. Currently have an MH1000NT but will soon be getting a Horizon. Great feel, length, and size. They feel right in my hands, but each person is different.

I've got an old Deluxe I think is what the model name was? It's the bolt on ESP kind from a while back. I'll have to snap some pictures...

EDIT: Looks like I had some!

Knockout":23r8fmzb said:
I had three, the only thing that I didn't like was that it get don't have belly cut or arm cut upfront (Fender like). No problem playing when it's hanging, sitting down I noticed it a lot. ESP M shape is much more comfortable to me because of that reason. Great guitars, other than that.

Mine is a 2010 NT-II and *does* have a belly cut!

I swapped the stock Duncans for a Custom 5 bridge and a SH-12 Screamin' Demon neck. Love the beef it gives me, with clarity.

Love it; it's one of my most used axes. :rock:

Speeddemon":z760gcrg said:
Knockout":z760gcrg said:

Mine is a 2010 NT-II and *does* have a belly cut!

I swapped the stock Duncans for a Custom 5 bridge and a SH-12 Screamin' Demon neck. Love the beef it gives me, with clarity.

Love it; it's one of my most used axes. :rock:

custom 5 is awesome in that!!!

Back