LIVE Metallica show on youtube right now in HD

BrokenFusion":jew0u97u said:
Hetfields voice sounds weak,

Well he is getting old but I don't think he's sounding too bad. Everyone shit talks Lars but to be able to play for like three hours, mostly fast shit at his age is pretty impressive. Kirk however has lost more than a few steps and his tone is just... ugh

They sound fine & the streaming is rock solid. Pretty good setlist so far......

They have obviously lost a few steps but I have to hand it to them for being in their 50s and still being able to pack a stadium and play a great show. Are they still using axefx live?

Im still a 15yr old kid everytime they do something like this..... gotta be up at 5am for work... but Im here with a bottle of Red and watching... That's why I LOVE music.

Side note.... You try singing live or playing live directly into the board for live stream and let's see how YOU sound....

2nd side note.... Playing with that energy at 53yrs old(30+ years doing IT)... and still enjoying it. Hats off... and Im thankful for the music. Living in a world of full access, full time.... say what you will with no governor.... Let's not forget what we came from... For me, playing Lightening and Master cassettes so many times that the ribbons actually wore out.

World needs a little more kindness and a bit less judgement..... As someone's here 'quote' says... "it never hurts a candle to light another candle"... or something like that. :)

Me too man. It makes me feel like I am 13 yrs old watching a year and a half in the life of.. again. A lot of people shit on Metallica for whatever reason but at the end of the day, they are responsible for releasing five absolutely legendary albums in only 7 years that changed music forever. Think about that for a second. Five legendary and elite level albums in seven years. Going from shitty bars to arenas in only 4-5 of those years. So people can shit talk all they want but that fact does not change. I give load a pass but everything after that was garbage, however, when you have those five albums under your belt, you can pretty well do whatever you want musically however on the down side, it kind of seemed like after the black album, they just gave up musically as individual players. Just seems like none of them really bothered to try and progress in their craft.

I just caught the last half hour. Kind of cool, but it was a lot of the pop Rock Metallica stuff; wish I heard the earlier songs though... I'm sure they had some more of their metal stuff which I like a lot better

Whooaaa Yeahh!

Thanks for that...great show!!

Thought James played well...nice tones from the Axe FX, if that's what they're using.
Obviously off stage switching, yet I enjoyed the way they did it. Cleans, acoustic, dirty, nicely done.
Haven't seen them live for a while and I enjoyed hearing the set.
Glad they're rockin' it!!!

Thanks for the link!

The Metallica I loved, died many many years ago. Was fortunate enough to have seen them on the MOP tour w/Cliff. Thats the Metallica I know.

can't blame them I guess, gotta keep the money coming in somehow.

ElectricVoodoo":c5sktgdf said:
Thanks for the link!

The Metallica I loved, died many many years ago. Was fortunate enough to have seen them on the MOP tour w/Cliff. Thats the Metallica I know.

can't blame them I guess, gotta keep the money coming in somehow.

+1. Saw the MOP tour with Cliff. That was back when listening to Metallica seemed dangerous, now it's a Super Bowl corporate pregame event. :rock:

It`s gets taken for granted these days but that was pretty cool of them to stream that concert. I was watching bits of it last night and again this morning. No there not the same band first I saw in 1985 but I`m glad there still out there

peterc52":1c45uybr said:
I still enjoy every Metallica moment. :)
Couldnt have said it better myself it was awesome it also streamed on thier website To Heavy For Halftime loved it
Be nice if they played superbowl half time I might care a little more go panthers btw. I am a huge cavs fan and seeing James and Kirk play the national anthem last year was cool

Pretty good show. I ended up watching the whole thing.

It was cool to see Kirk use the Gary Moore/Peter Green 1959 Les Paul for Whiskey In The Jar.

They may not be what they used to be, but people evolve. Even now, when they bust out the older stuff it makes me grin like a fool.

I thought they sounded really great. I don't think the AxeFX systems sound bad but I do wish they would go back to their Mesa rigs live. IMO their older live setup sounds much better.

I was there last night. Great show. I went into it trying to keep an open mind. It was a great night of music and entertainment. James actually sounded pretty darned good. At least being in the audience. Fantastic lighting and effects.

Back