One of EVH's bumblebees he ordered in 82 is on sale this sat

Some of the other guitars in that auction are pretty groovy. Imagine what the original bumblebee dime has is worth....

rottingcorpse":opvtkwq0 said:
Some of the other guitars in that auction are pretty groovy. Imagine what the original bumblebee dime has is worth....
Dude I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Man.... I would love to have that one. It's the one he played when he was on Entertainment Tonight with Valerie back in '82.

Steve

sah5150":15nw6cjb said:
Man.... I would love to have that one. It's the one he played when he was on Entertainment Tonight with Valerie back in '82.

Steve

I would love to check it out after you buy it Steve. Like you are going to let someone else steal this one out from under you?

Let me be the first to say congrats and HNGD! :rock:

Funny, seller has completed a total of 4 transactions and is selling an item estimated at $50,000.
I don't doubt the legitimacy of this sale, but damn I'm trying to get to 100 post just to sale a few things here on Rig Talk.

I have a 124 transactions on eBay. But when they got hacked and made everyone change their password, I haven't been able to log in. (two or three years ago)

Chubtone":16ri2z49 said:
sah5150":16ri2z49 said:

Steve

I would love to check it out after you buy it Steve. Like you are going to let someone else steal this one out from under you?

Yea I concur, thats way too sweet for Steve to pass up.... Congrats in advance Steve!!!! I am sure the ENTIRE forum is looking forward to major details after ya get it!! :thumbsup: :rock:

This is one of 5 Charvel guitars that were given to EVH by Grover jackson as sort of a peace offering. EVH was very pissed at Charvel for selling the B&Y clones and labeling them with his name in ads. Grover stopped doing it at some point, but there was still a rift. The guitars were to smooth it over, although I'm not sure it really worked. This particular guitar was played by EVH when he was on Entertainment Tonight in '82 with Valerie. They did a profile on the two of them at home and Ed was sitting with Valerie playing it through some practice amp. Piece 'o VH history for sure and the guitar would be worth $10K in that condition if it had nothing to do with EVH. Those B&Y strat head serialized '80s guitars are the holy grail of Charvels...

Here is Ed's receipt for this guitar. Note it is one of five:

evh_receipt.jpg

Here is a verification that Charvel/Jackson did for a previous owner:

proof.jpg

Here is the guitar when Neil's Vintage had it:

1982EVHCharvel.jpg

Finally, here is EVH playing it on Entertainment Tonight with Valerie sitting there. It's a bit hard to tell, but if you look at the stripe pattern, it is the same guitar that is now for auction:

evh_play.jpg

Steve

phil b":qxkrurey said:
Chubtone":qxkrurey said:
sah5150":qxkrurey said:

Steve

Yea I concur, thats way too sweet for Steve to pass up.... Congrats in advance Steve!!!! I am sure the ENTIRE forum is looking forward to major details after ya get it!! :thumbsup: :rock:
Very funny guys... :D

Steve

sah5150":3mi5jsyk said:
phil b":3mi5jsyk said:
Chubtone":3mi5jsyk said:
sah5150":3mi5jsyk said:

Steve

Steve
Equity loan....your wife will understand!

Racerxrated":28kt7131 said:
sah5150":28kt7131 said:
phil b":28kt7131 said:
Chubtone":28kt7131 said:
sah5150":28kt7131 said:

Steve

Steve
Equity loan....your wife will understand!
Regardless of how I paid for it, my wife would NEVER understand this one! :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

:D :LOL: :LOL: No, probably not. I threw the equity loan out there because that's the only way I could pay for it....and I'd be divorced in two days. :gethim: I'd be homeless, with an iconic Charvel! :rock:

Mailman1971":wxdq4upi said:
rottingcorpse":wxdq4upi said:
Dude I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Priceless, twice over.. Yet Eddie gave it away. What a cool dude.

Racerxrated":2y1z9ad7 said:
:D :LOL: :LOL: No, probably not. I threw the equity loan out there because that's the only way I could pay for it....and I'd be divorced in two days. :gethim: I'd be homeless, with an iconic Charvel! :rock:
...and you would RULE! :rock:

Steve

Back