Chris Broderick Jackson Soloist

paulyc

Anyone have any experience with these ? Looking at a 7 string model and was wondering what others thought about it. Specs seem great, just have to see/play one...thanks

I have 2 USA 6's awesome guitars. But yea heavy as hell I want to say they are around 10lbs each. I do not dig the pickups though, there's something in the freq that I don't dig so I dropped EMG 57/66's in one and just waiting to be motivated enough to do the other.
I was considering a HT7 Broderick in that killer trans blue but the price hike on them this year is ridiculous.

I had a USA 7
Well made - great fit & finish, and lots of cool features.
Heavy as hell too (gave my 1977 LP a run for the $$ weight wise).
Played nice, but I just didn't click with it - I had a love/hate relationship with it

Rezamatix":7lpfb0xy said:
I played a real USA one, heavy as fuck, as in weight. Lots of glossy on that guitar. I bet most of its weight comes from the paint and clear coat. Nice playing guitar though.
I saw a vid where he goes over the guitar, and mentions he wanted each guitar to be a certain weight like an older les Paul. I have a white 7 USA and it is the best playing 7 string that I have played.gotta get used to no inlays but that's easy.

I would only be interested in a USA version. I have a Dean USA custom shop RC7 that plays awesome and sounds great, but it only has a bridge pickup, and I need a neck humbucker too. I'm looking at the trans red Floyd Rose model as soon as my dealer gets it in.

I've seen a couple of trans black ones at 1799, but I'm not big on black. The trans blue is my first choice but they don't offer it with a Floyd...

Been hunting around for a used trans white in excellent condition. The other colors are easier to find on the used market. Got a trans red for $1799.

I had a 6 string model. Weighed a ton, well built, phenomenal neck and fretwork. Just didn't bond with it. The pickups were too dark and hot, and it always felt like it carried way more tension for the same set of strings that I was used to on my other 25.5" guitars.

I agree with a lot of the above posts. Way too heavy. Some are 10-11 pounds. Pickups (DiMarzio) were way too dark for a solid slab of mahogany like this axe. And the 12 inch radius fretboard and rounded "C" profile neck were not some of the better points for me. I ultimately sold mine, but it was a looker and played like butta.

They seem to be a love it or not for me kind of guitar. The weight doesn't bother me as I do most of my playing sitting down. Think I found a lead on a white one finally.

The white is nice. I think my lead on this one is falling apart. I got some pics back and there's about 5 dings on the back and one in the binding on the headstock. Bummer.

I also had a USA 7 when they first came out, the 6 strings sounded great but the pickups didn't work for the low B. I'd think with some other pickups it would be a pretty cool guitar. I'd like the fixed bridge one I bet.

Back