New top secret(ish) Fortin/Meshuggah amps revealed!

Rezamatix":1lcw5l6a said:
BrokenFusion":1lcw5l6a said:
To bad they have some guys name on them

I KNOW!!! what the fuck!?!
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Well if it is any concellation, the last amp with Fredrik Thordendal's name on it was a monster. At least this time it will be made by a reputable builder.

Very curious to hear this new Fortin line.

Rezamatix":njclt7x8 said:
Luca79":njclt7x8 said:
Wish to see the inside for see the "all NOS parts". Very curious if true.

Im not sure what that means exactly. I guess its the parts that CAN be NOS. Im sure there are modern parts inside.

I guess some resistors and capacitors. I wonder if the filter caps too.

But i don't know if the NOS parts worth it for a modern sound amp. Here i'll never see one, so i wait your reviews :D

Rezamatix":n3eoj9nt said:
Luca79":n3eoj9nt said:
Rezamatix":n3eoj9nt said:
Luca79":n3eoj9nt said:

Im not sure what that means exactly. I guess its the parts that CAN be NOS. Im sure there are modern parts inside.

I guess some resistors and capacitors. I wonder if the filter caps too.

But i don't know if the NOS parts worth it for a modern sound amp. Here i'll never see one, so i wait your reviews :D

Yea. i mean...you can always order one and have it shipped to you....
And if Meshuggah is using it...Im pretty sure its modern sounding.

I'd prefer try before buy :LOL: :LOL: Anyway i'm not a fan of that band, or that kind of tone. But the amp could be great for other genres.

There are pics on Instagram; i seen some ceramic disc resistors, NOS LCR filter caps, 2 EL34 and 3 preamps.

Luca79":1xovn93h said:

Mike did a run of hand built "NOS" Cali 1987s a few years ago if I recall correctly, pretty sure he had LCR caps in there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I emailed Mike as soon as I saw this thread.
His reply was:

Hey Matt,
3 custom amps for Meshuggah for touring. No other info at this time. Not sure if we’ll do a small run or move forward on something else. All fun stuff :)
Cheers,
Mike

This sucks because I need a new amp and would like to know if I should just buy a Randall Satan or if I should wait.

Back