Which Reverb Pedal?

FourT6and2

Mostly for high-gain and some cleans when I roll the guitar volume down. Don't need anything crazy sounding, just a nice, subtle reverb for space/depth and to add a little bit of a wet sound.

TC Electronics Hall of Fame
Digitech Polara
Strymon Blue Sky

Only other pedal I use is a TC Electronics Flashback delay and it works well. So my inclination is to go with the Hall of Fame.

Well I don't need a trem. I'd prefer a dedicated reverb pedal. Empress looks nice, but I'm not dropping $500 on reverb. I was really only looking at the three I mentioned. $300 for the Blue Sky is pushing it, even. I think it's just the principle lol.

The Dr Scientist Reverberator is a great sounding reverb that does hall, room, and plate sounds and you can get them used all day long for $120-150.

The TC Hall of Fame is a great pedal and really hard to beat for the money. It also will not take up much space on your board and you can download toneprints to the pedal.

Reza is right, Flint is great for 3 types of reverb, and the rack 80s sound does a very cool spacey yet realistic wash. The trem is just a bonus, but it also happens to be the best trem I've ever heard. Sold it, and kicking myself, I'll buy another one.

Neunaber Wet is also great if you don't want to tweak.

I recently got the MXR Reverb.

I am very happy with it. It has many options and the price is right.

Hey I'm a sound purist and have had over 4000-5000$ of pedals in past few years but recently downsized. In the Strymon line I had Ola, El Capistan, Blue Sky, Flint and Big skig. I actually kept the big sky but... here's what I think;

- Blue sky (had it for a very short time only) has not impressed me. I'm not a fan of shimmer and the spring reverb neither. Tone wise I felt it didnt complement my sound but ratter add effects that I didnt like too much
-Flint is much more natural and better reverb I feel like. And with the bigsky it made a marvellous combination...
- Bigsky is the one I kept cuz its so great. And if you have a chance to play in stereo its is unbelievable how good it is.

One important note is; unless you try it if you effect loop, with high gain distortion amp, I always founded difficult to blend lots of effect. Clean channel is always the best to use these effects.

But my call would be the Flint like others have said.. even if you don't use the tremolo which I'm not a bit fan neither.
I think with distortion, a subtle reverb is necessary

If you have other questions feel free to ask

Cheers!

Back