Two-Notes Torpedo Captor

This must be what Reza was speaking about.. sort of what I expected. Suhr also has released an analog cab pedal emulating a greenback but if you want to be completely silent, you will have to buy the reactive load seperately. This is prob a smart business move for Two Notes.

Kapo_Polenton":2jla5qhg said:
This must be what Reza was speaking about.. sort of what I expected. Suhr also has released an analog cab pedal emulating a greenback but if you want to be completely silent, you will have to buy the reactive load seperately. This is prob a smart business move for Two Notes.

Yea, it would be interesting to compare the sound of the Suhr reactive load and this.

Kind of interesting. Didn't see the price? Assume it will cost around the same as Mesa's cab clone or whatever it's called. But this can attenuate 20 dbs or act as a load.

The secret sauce is in how they designed the load.. seems they have just pieced together a few features on existing products so if you didn't like their rack mounted units, my guess is you won't like the load on this either.

So if I already have a Torpedo CAB, will this give me the reactive load part that I'm missing?
Would the Captor and CAB together be just like the Live? This would be great because I hate rack gear and have been holding off a long time on getting the Live because of that.

nigelpkay":2miwhd8a said:
So if I already have a Torpedo CAB, will this give me the reactive load part that I'm missing?
Would the Captor and CAB together be just like the Live? This would be great because I hate rack gear and have been holding off a long time on getting the Live because of that.

Yea, that would give you the reactive load part.
I use the Torpedo CAB with the Suhr Reactive Load and they work great together.

crwnedblasphemy":k5ybcfjw said:
I would hope for a $299 price point, but knowing two notes, it's probably $499.

Yup, they say it is the "little brother" to the reload so I am guessing your price point is not too far off.

Sweetwater has a pre order link and it looked like these badboys were going to be priced at 229$... if that is the case, they will sell a shit ton of these. I will buy one just for giggles. I also saw Pete Thorn demo some new celestion impulses today and they also sound very good. Looks like the gap is narrowing between the technology that is available to rival real cabs. It is also a hell of a lot cheaper than a Royer 121 etc for people who are not sticklers for nuances.

This looks rad! One concern I have right off the bat is the attenuator: most other competitors have switches to compensate for tone loss during attenuation (ie brightness and depth). I'm guessing this won't compete with the Power Station on that front, and instead it is just an extra feature thrown in to offer something more. Either way I'm psyched to hear this thing, and the price... :thumbsup:

errrrrl":2iqa6y5v said:
I may get one but I kind of wish there was an impedance switch instead separate boxes.
Just get a 16 and you'll be covered for anything... :thumbsup:

Bronco":37hi0qc0 said:
errrrrl":37hi0qc0 said:
I may get one but I kind of wish there was an impedance switch instead separate boxes.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does getting the 16 cover you for everything? I've been wanting to get some equipment for home recording but figured I'd wait till NAMM in case something new came about. I'm not sure what the impedance should be if I have an 8 Ohm cab that would give me the flexibility of using speaker thru or attenuation or just going to the audio interface and not using the cab.

demoncleaner":1ggjq2du said:
Bronco":1ggjq2du said:
errrrrl":1ggjq2du said:

Pardon my ignorance, but how does getting the 16 cover you for everything? I've been wanting to get some equipment for home recording but figured I'd wait till NAMM in case something new came about. I'm not sure what the impedance should be if I have an 8 Ohm cab that would give me the flexibility of using speaker thru or attenuation or just going to the audio interface and not using the cab.
Well the general rule of thumb is that as long as your Ohm on the load exceeds that of the amp, you won't hurt your amp. In other words, you can run 8 Ohms into a 16 Ohm load, but not vice versa. You might see a drop in volume, but in my experience it's nominal.

Back