EL34's in a Dual Rectifier - Si or No?

Interesting! Was expecting 6L6 way above EL34's.

Any experience with the EL34's vs 6L6 in the Rev F's? I have a Triple rev F, wondering if I also should try them. I've only played it with 6L6's, very curious how the 34's will sound!

Terex":3acmpjh3 said:

Any experience with the EL34's vs 6L6 in the Rev F's? I have a Triple rev F, wondering if I also should try them. I've only played it with 6L6's, very curious how the 34's will sound!

Your Triple clips sound pretty killer as is... just saying.

:rock:

shredi knight":19xroedp said:
AmpliFIRE":19xroedp said:
-1 for EL34's in a recto.

I've owned many, and 6L6's sound much bigger. They also capture that Recto tone better.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Contradictory statement is contradictory.

Huh :confused:

-1 means the opposite of +1

Terex":2to5butn said:

Doesn't matter what recto. Even my Kyle Rhodes modded rev F triple liked EL34's better.

Will kt77 or e34l tubes get a tremoverb to sound a bit more uberschall-like? As in smoother saturation and bigger bass and low mids

apophis":2ug51gje said:
Will kt77 or e34l tubes get a tremoverb to sound a bit more uberschall-like? As in smoother saturation and bigger bass and low mids
No, not at all in my opinion. Uberschall is a scooped amp, especially the original and rev 2. IMHO, 6L6's would be better. EL34's in a recto just make it sound warmer and liven up the mid range. If anything, it makes them sound more towards the early sounding revs, or more "soldanoish."

Terex":2o4gt4j5 said:

I have a Ref F Triple and I prefer 6L6's. That said, EL34's sounded cool too. Just a little more mid-range gets added. Both are cool. I wish it were simulclass so I can run 4 6L6's and 2 EL34's. I bet that would kill.

psychodave":26ee7j6i said:
Terex":26ee7j6i said:

I have a Ref F Triple and I prefer 6L6's. That said, EL34's sounded cool too. Just a little more mid-range gets added. Both are cool. I wish it were simulclass so I can run 4 6L6's and 2 EL34's. I bet that would kill.

wow. that would be interesting. What is Rev F?

Wizard of Ozz":1zuf4ech said:
Terex":1zuf4ech said:

Your Triple clips sound pretty killer as is... just saying.

:rock:

Thank you very much sir :thumbsup:

EL34s 100%!

Best ones I find are the JJ E34Ls and EL34IIs. :)
Tight, punchy, lively, aggreasive, thick, warm and expressive.

I tried the Shuguang EL34-B's in my Triple Rev F and Dual Rev D, not bad but i prefer 6L6's. For me, the SED Winged C 6L6's are hard to beat in a Recto.

Used to run some old=ass RFT EL34s in mine...sounded glorious...forget who they were manufactured by.....EL34BSTR second choice. I wish I had my Recto still so I could try Gold Lion KT-77s.

Back